Indian Army Artillery

another_armchair

Country flag
ATAGS can fire zone 7 charge(s).

The barrel burst happened as the OFB ammo was built to withstand only zone 6 charges and it exploded inside the barrel.

Both Bharat Forge and Tata guns fired 1000 rounds with zone 7 charge(s) without any incident.

This charade of weight, this, that, lavda-lassan has been running in the media for over 3 years after Elbit Athos emerged as L1 in the IA arty trials where it pipped the Nexter Trajan during commercial bidding.

Joo brothers pushing their feet hard to push this order through and we see more articles in 'self funded' media outlets and the usual suspects in MSM who are into shilling for phoren maal in paid-for articles.

another_armchair

Country flag
It's just a farce
Adani renamed Athos is on its way to service after 5 years
Basically atags dead with 307
Dalali zindabad
Now we have to wait for congis to come and further disrupt the indigenization
ATAGS and Dhanush would not have been possible without Antony uncle from Congress.

During the last contest, the FH77B emerged as the winner and Congress top brass started shitting bricks and abandoned the procurement. We could've doubled it up with the Archer and had a great deal of commonality along with a MGS that was super nimble.

But no... kismat had other plans I guess.

If you recollect, attempts were made to scuttle the M-777 deal too with some wild allegations by some anonymous letter(s) by Army brass.

Last edited:

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
ATAGS and Dhanush would not have been possible without Antony uncle from Congress.
I disagree on this
Coz atags development was initiated by army and drdo in 2012 but that doesn't mean congis being supportive infact the L1 winner was announced in 2019 in favour of athos but the present govt restricted it
Infact many reports suggested MP was pushing atags due to which minimal orders were planned by army as usual
But post 2019 govt was hell bent on atags
Coming to Dhanush I nothing rather again a dead project with the leagues of Arjun
Look at the minimal orders of 114 and with that they expect superfast delivery and even further delayed due to Chinese parts
And it's basically dead with no future except mgs
Coming Antony uncle that guy was utter useless and we all know the way dalals used to roam during his time
Even chidambram was better than that bag

Kumaoni

another_armchair

Country flag
I disagree on this
Coz atags development was initiated by army and drdo in 2012 but that doesn't mean congis being supportive infact the L1 winner was announced in 2019 in favour of athos but the present govt restricted it
Infact many reports suggested MP was pushing atags due to which minimal orders were planned by army as usual
But post 2019 govt was hell bent on atags
Coming to Dhanush I nothing rather again a dead project with the leagues of Arjun
Look at the minimal orders of 114 and with that they expect superfast delivery and even further delayed due to Chinese parts
And it's basically dead with no future except mgs
Coming Antony uncle that guy was utter useless and we all know the way dalals used to roam during his time
Even chidambram was better than that bag
Regardless of what Antony was, both Dhanush and ATAGS happened under his watch. Everything else is smoke onlee.

Dhanush happened after FH77B was rejected as it put the UPA Govt. in a tough spot because of the past ghosts of bofors scam. Then the entire gun design magically appeared out of some cupboard. Turns out we had paid for the ToT and had the designs but it was buried under all the noise.

Kumaoni

Less strength than the Pakistani army with 6-8x the budget

A ‘nationalist’ govt with a super majority for almost 10 years, a specific self reliance target and this is the result? The Chinese are so lucky their largest regional foes are Indians and not Japanese
It’s funny. Under a so called “anti natshunilist” govt. the indian military went through a huge equipmental and tactical reform from 1962-1971. A force wielding Lee enfields and having inadequate mountain gears became a war machine with SLRs, latest tanks, tactics, gear everything in less than 10 years.

The current army officers lot couldn’t be any more disgraceful. I’d rather use the army of 1971 or even the army of the Kargil war to deliver me results than the current one of today

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Regardless of what Antony was, both Dhanush and ATAGS happened under his watch. Everything else is smoke onlee.
Yes sir even Chinese parts were used in Dhanush during his tenure
Yes many will say why would DM have involvement in few Chinese pieces in a gun
Yeah that's right those ofb walas need no introduction but the execution was under him
If we see initiation of projects then many things happened under congis but it afterall comes to execution
See I am nowhere denying congis role in few indigenous projects but many of them were lying useless due to them and military has a bigger role but even they aren't noble and much more lobby oriented
That's why I say chidambram was better in UPA times

another_armchair

Country flag
Yes sir even Chinese parts were used in Dhanush during his tenure
Yes many will say why would DM have involvement in few Chinese pieces in a gun
Yeah that's right those ofb walas need no introduction but the execution was under him
If we see initiation of projects then many things happened under congis but it afterall comes to execution
See I am nowhere denying congis role in few indigenous projects but many of them were lying useless due to them and military has a bigger role but even they aren't noble and much more lobby oriented
That's why I say chidambram was better in UPA times
Chidiya was a super crook as FM.

He was proactive as HM and I have a wee bit of respect for the man because he raised CRPF COBRA to deal with the naxal menace but it was possible only after Communists walked out of the UPA.

As for Chinese parts, they are an inalienable part of the global supply chain. The explanation given then was OFB or the supplier ordered Chinese bearings because they were 'cheaper'. Yes, that L1 disease has permeated everywhere.

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Chidiya was a super crook as FM.

He was proactive as HM and I have a wee bit of respect for the man because he raised CRPF COBRA to deal with the naxal menace but it was possible only after Communists walked out of the UPA.
Anyway better than Antony
He and his wife were involved in many small scale corruptions wrt procurements
He was super lethargic in terms of implementation and never tried to guide the military
Anyway personal opinion

abingdonboy

Country flag
ATAGS can fire zone 7 charge(s).

The barrel burst happened as the OFB ammo was built to withstand only zone 6 charges and it exploded inside the barrel.

Both Bharat Forge and Tata guns fired 1000 rounds with zone 7 charge(s) without any incident.

This charade of weight, this, that, lavda-lassan has been running in the media for over 3 years after Elbit Athos emerged as L1 in the IA arty trials where it pipped the Nexter Trajan during commercial bidding.

Joo brothers pushing their feet hard to push this order through and we see more articles in 'self funded' media outlets and the usual suspects in MSM who are into shilling for phoren maal in paid-for articles.
Waste of time trying to produce something better than what the GSQR demanded, they tried and this is the cr@p the army pushed back with.

it takes a sick mind to turn a strength into a weakness but that’s Exactly what they did with ATAGS

Give them whatever brochure photocopied specs they demand to save the Indian taxpayer this entire circus and FOREX drain

it has been obvious from day 1 ATAGS was looked down upon by Army HQ, they’ve made every attempt to screw with it and look where we are now

biggest disappointment is this happened All under Modi’s nose. Either he’s not interested in talking these lobbies or he doesn’t have the ability, either way it’s a sick reflection on the system. No wonder LCA, IMRH, LUH, LCH etc are MIA and this army has to import clothing and small arms

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Waste of time trying to produce something better than what the GSQR demanded, they tried and this is the cr@p the army pushed back with.

it takes a sick mind to turn a strength into a weakness but that’s Exactly what they did with ATAGS

Give them whatever brochure photocopied specs they demand to save the Indian taxpayer this entire circus and FOREX drain

it has been obvious from day 1 ATAGS was looked down upon by Army HQ, they’ve made every attempt to screw with it and look where we are now

biggest disappointment is this happened All under Modi’s nose. Either he’s not interested in talking these lobbies or he doesn’t have the ability, either way it’s a sick reflection on the system. No wonder LCA, IMRH, LUH, LCH etc are MIA and this army has to import clothing and small arms
Who will develop make athos here ?
It's all about " you scratch my back , I will scratch yours " afterall .
I don't need to say anything .

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Gonna give it to Israelis and lobbyists
They didn't give up everytime GoI showed middle finger
Just look at their persistent effort
They strategically choosed Adani for the purpose and to checkmate the current govt
Earlier Athos was planned with BF

Blademaster

At this point I simply do not give a fuck anymore. I just want the IA to have the guns whether it be ATHOS or ATAGS so we can outgun China in any battle. Losing any more territory is worse than being an import maal nation.

abingdonboy

Country flag
At this point I simply do not give a fuck anymore. I just want the IA to have the guns whether it be ATHOS or ATAGS so we can outgun China in any battle. Losing any more territory is worse than being an import maal nation.
Sorry but that’s loser mentality and also not even achieving the objective you want.

how does one compete against a military industrial complex such as China’s? By importing your weapons and relying on global supply during wartime? How did that work out for Ukraine? Think the West will step up for india like they are for Ukraine? And China is >>>> Russia militarily and industrially

Longewala

Country flag
It does sound depressing, but it ain't over until it's over.
The artillery situation currently is similar to that for LCH or Tejas a few years back. It was an uphill battle for them, and will be for desi artillery.
But the Chandigarh lobby dalals would have favoured killing off these guns completely and going phoren even at this stage.
So, it's still a defeat for them. Aagein dekhte hain.

Blademaster

Sorry but that’s loser mentality and also not even achieving the objective you want.

how does one compete against a military industrial complex such as China’s? By importing your weapons and relying on global supply during wartime? How did that work out for Ukraine? Think the West will step up for india like they are for Ukraine? And China is >>>> Russia militarily and industrially
As long as we build up the reserves and retain production rights it makes no difference to me. Paying through the nose is still better than losing territory.

Kumaoni

India will be overrun in a single day in case of any war with the commies. It’s the brutal truth no one will accept, It ain’t 1999 anymore

Global Defence

New threads

Articles