India Strikes Against Pakistani Terrorism 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enquirer

Well if you look at that Q&A, Rahul Kanwal had clear these were the two narratives which were playing at the international stage and wanted to pick the minister's mind on how India was going to manage our narrative..... It seemed the junior minister did not have the patience to even listen to his full question. Well compare this to Shashi Tharoor, may be the comparison is not fair, who answers tough and awkward questions on the 'family dynasty' with great articulation and aplomb. I concede sometimes it's nothing more than verbal sophistry and nothing more, but that's how public figures should handle awkward questions....

This was English Q&A, on a English channel, attended by a largely English speaking audience, who had enough education to know that the minister was ducking the question in the most uncharacteristic manner.... This reflects poorly on him, in my opinion.
I already agreed with you on the optics aspect - as confined to the Conclave.
But as I explained, in the larger context of an impending election it made perfect sense to be in sync with the party messaging.
That old hag Ahluwalia already created ripples by speaking out of turn (that maybe the strikes weren't intended to hurt anyone!).

Rahul Kanwal could have asked a generic question on how the government could be more proactive with their communications....instead he quoted news entities that were directly peddling Paki lies (with no mention of Indian claims on downing F16 etc; & the news sites were concealing how Pakis were playing fast&loose with facts & changing narrative by the hour). By repeating the fake news in a setting like that...Rahul was challenging Goyal and giving credence to such lies.....which is not good journalism!

Brood Father

Country flag
What about the statement that "Did we Bomb Terrorists or Trees?" Is that any lesser?
Bhai be my guest and troll the shit out of him for the above statement.. However please don't fall into porky propaganda unless you have a verifiable claim
Saying Indian army is scared is a big statement and siddhu uttering it is highly unlikely...

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Now that thing seems to have settled down, till the Porkies try something, hope our planners don't lose the main focus, China.

These Porkie tricks are just to extract concessions from India on the economic front such as participation in the OBOR. When we decline, I wonder how far the CPC will go.

A two front war is unlikely, but that does not mean China will not do anything in the event of a war with Porkies.

There also does not seem to be any plan to reduce Chini economic influence in our country. These should be the main focus for the long term.

WARREN SS

Country flag
Now that thing seems to have settled down, till the Porkies try something, hope our planners don't lose the main focus, China.

These Porkie tricks are just to extract concessions from India on the economic front such as participation in the OBOR. When we decline, I wonder how far the CPC will go.

A two front war is unlikely, but that does not mean China will not do anything in the event of a war with Porkies.

There also does not seem to be any plan to reduce Chini economic influence in our country. These should be the main focus for the long term.
Chinese reactions are one who are most significant.Complete Silence from there Must have showed there Slaves to core

Specially GHQ Rawalpindi

It's Mike pompei and US which saved there ass once Again

This think let me wonder are we giving to much exaggeration to China

Darth Malgus

Country flag
Chinese reactions are one who are most significant.Complete Silence from there Must have showed there Slaves to core

Specially GHQ Rawalpindi

I'm surprised we let US dictate us once again. I really was hoping for some more action. Modi is still giving threats on his rallies.. Still unclear what's on his mind.

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Just a thought.....

What are the chances that India-US relationships are entirely dependent on PMO-state department(White House), and very minimal direct co-ordination with CIA?

This is CIA Chief just a couple of years back, highly doubtful his opinions on India has changed.

Emphasis on the word “shocked”, which means India related matters are not top priority to him.

You are right,CIA just a enforcement agency for the state department. Their priority changes as with the administration(POTUS and state secretary).
In his book,former spy B.Raman shared his experiences as follows

:I told my counterparts: “Look, I have not been able to convince the CIA about the Pakistani sponsorship. Every time I produce any intelligence, the CIA rejects it on some ground or the other. You have collected your own independent intelligence. If you share it with the CIA, it would find it difficult to reject it.” My interlocutors in the two agencies gave me identical replies: “We know the CIA has more intelligence regarding the Pakistani sponsorship of terrorism against India than all of us together have. The CIA was convinced a long time ago about the ISI’s sponsorship of terrorism. The problem is not with the CIA. It is with the State Department, which does not want to act against Pakistan.”:

Read carefully "The problem is not with the CIA. It is with the State Department, which does not want to act against Pakistan"

WARREN SS

Country flag
I'm surprised we let US dictate us once again. I really was hoping for some more action. Modi is still giving threats on his rallies.. Still unclear what's on his mind.
Sadly US still dominating the World geopolitical Environment

Modi strikes completely shaken US as well
Pentagon must have never calibrated this
Reponse from India

Modi is unpredictable prick like Indra
This gives many people sleepless nights
Around the world

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
You are right,CIA just a enforcement agency for the state department. Their priority changes as with the administration(POTUS and state secretary).
In his book,former spy B.Raman shared his experiences as follows

:I told my counterparts: “Look, I have not been able to convince the CIA about the Pakistani sponsorship. Every time I produce any intelligence, the CIA rejects it on some ground or the other. You have collected your own independent intelligence. If you share it with the CIA, it would find it difficult to reject it.” My interlocutors in the two agencies gave me identical replies: “We know the CIA has more intelligence regarding the Pakistani sponsorship of terrorism against India than all of us together have. The CIA was convinced a long time ago about the ISI’s sponsorship of terrorism. The problem is not with the CIA. It is with the State Department, which does not want to act against Pakistan.”:

Read carefully "The problem is not with the CIA. It is with the State Department, which does not want to act against Pakistan"
Which presidency was this? Bush or Obama?

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Specially GHQ Rawalpindi

In my view it's clear that Porkies did not go ahead with the attack in Pulwama without either Chini or US go ahead.

China's goal seems clear, use Porkies as bargaining chip and extract economic concessions.

US interest in the attack would be more puzzling, save for one common goal of virtually all major nations, a weak and pliable government in India.

Based on muted Chini reaction, I am likely to believe it was US that gave the go ahead.

Also, US is not monolith. The state department and clandestine services are often at odds.

Either way, if we let US dial us down, it's a mistake, maybe necessary in the short term, but a counter is required in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles