India Strikes Against Pakistani Terrorism 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abhijeet Dey

Country flag

armyofhind

Country flag
Aur
One interesting thing about the Bison wreckage is that doesn't seem to have exploded mid-air as one would expect in case of a A2A missile strike or even a ground missile strike.

Albeit a few holes here and there that COULD be ground fire. But the engagement shifted from 8000 feet to 26,000 feet so quickly, dunno how many G2A systems could keep up.

All speculation on my part, but seems to be in agreement with what has been discussed here and over at BRF that Wg Cmdr Abhi's plane went down due to engine issue- either stalling because of the missile exhaust/manoeuvres or some debris. Maybe the holes and damage to the fuselage was debris inflicted.

Can't say for certain, am no expert on air combat or jet crashes.
Yes this is a valid point doing the rounds.

What you can also see from the photos of the wreckage is that there is no burn damage or blackening of the fuselage as happens when the fuel ignites.

It could be that his aircraft ran out of fuel or something. If a Mig-21 is prepped and ready on the ORP as a point defence interceptor, it will most likely not have extra fuel tanks attached.

dhananjay1

OMG. Where you get these info bro...

Its stupidity to link every opposition with ISI. That works for uneducated blind followers. Not for everyone.

I cant believe there is still people who does this in this forum.

I have seen this a lot here and got sick of it.
Pakis supporting anti-Modi twitter handles and hashtags is not just plausible but actually true.

mayfair

Aur

Yes this is a valid point doing the rounds.

What you can also see from the photos of the wreckage is that there is no burn damage or blackening of the fuselage as happens when the fuel ignites.

It could be that his aircraft ran out of fuel or something. If a Mig-21 is prepped and ready on the ORP as a point defence interceptor, it will most likely not have extra fuel tanks attached.
Not sure about running out of fuel. Bisons are not as short-legged as other Mig 21s, plus the entire engagement as per AVM Kapoor took about 94 seconds. Given that they had been vectored shortly before, don't think Bison was in air for more than 10-15 minutes. Should have enough fuel, despite the fuel guzzling manoeuvres.

I am leaning towards engine malfunction of some sort- either missile exhaust (known issue with Bisons) or debris of some kind.

Alien

@tomato,

I urge you not to post such sensitive info on public forums whether it's true or false. I know, it's exciting however, let's not alert enemy. Please delete the post.

singhboy98

Country flag
Not sure about running out of fuel. Bisons are not as short-legged as other Mig 21s, plus the entire engagement as per AVM Kapoor took about 94 seconds. Given that they had been vectored shortly before, don't think Bison was in air for more than 10-15 minutes. Should have enough fuel, despite the fuel guzzling manoeuvres.

I am leaning towards engine malfunction of some sort- either missile exhaust (known issue with Bisons) or debris of some kind.
That engine flameout can be a genuine issue. As far as I remember, the Mig-27 which we lost in 1999 also had an engine flameout after strafing targets at extremely negative AoA. The plane could not be recovered and the pilot had to eject. Any similarities in the inlet geometry of the Mig 27 and the 21?

uoftotaku

Country flag
That engine flameout can be a genuine issue. As far as I remember, the Mig-27 which we lost in 1999 also had an engine flameout after strafing targets at extremely negative AoA. The plane could not be recovered and the pilot had to eject. Any similarities in the inlet geometry of the Mig 27 and the 21?
Mot all about inlet geometry. Those older turbojet type engines like the R-25 and R-39 are very vulnerable to total loss of power. You have to remember that the basic design of these engines dates back to the 1960's when jet engine technology was not yet more than 20 years old.

Today a modern turbofan engine has several features that help to mitigate the types of stalls that have claimed hundreds of turbojet powered aircraft over the years.

muralidon924

Country flag
Yes Of course. We have K-15 or Sagarika missile SLBMs which can be employed.
ballistic missile launch maybe misinterpreted as a nuclear launch
also submarines have large crews taking submarine for anti terror operation is too risky

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
One interesting thing about the Bison wreckage is that doesn't seem to have exploded mid-air as one would expect in case of a A2A missile strike or even a ground missile strike.

Albeit a few holes here and there that COULD be ground fire. But the engagement shifted from 8000 feet to 26,000 feet so quickly, dunno how many G2A systems could keep up.

All speculation on my part, but seems to be in agreement with what has been discussed here and over at BRF that Wg Cmdr Abhi's plane went down due to engine issue- either stalling because of the missile exhaust/manoeuvres or some debris. Maybe the holes and damage to the fuselage was debris inflicted.

Can't say for certain, am no expert on air combat or jet crashes.
I would rather say that IAF wanted to examine PAF's g2a capabilities, though without expecting any loss, hence they used Mig21.

Enquirer

View attachment 33000

This would have been bad..................................................................................

:hail: IAF
Apparently this is 'manufactured' in Paki land (under license from Denel). Wonder how many they've produced so far. Comes in 60kms (H1) and 120 kms (H2) ranges!!!

Unlikely it just fell. They might have actually launched it at some Indian target - it must have failed!! There're times one has to be thankful to their madrassa education :)

Alien

ballistic missile launch maybe misinterpreted as a nuclear launch
also submarines have large crews taking submarine for anti terror operation is too risky
True, my answer was w.r.t. the question which was posed i.e. can subs be used for bombing :)

It's a different ball game altogether whether IN would use subs or not.

If at all IN joins the game, they will use corvettes,frigates or destroyers based on the situation as appropriate.

singhboy98

Country flag
I would rather say that IAF wanted to examine PAF's g2a capabilities, though without expecting any loss, hence they used Mig21.
Arre nahi yaar. It does not work like that. When you see such a large strike package coming, you try to get as many of the interceptor package in air as fast as possible. What happens onwards from when the invading package is intercepted is highly unpredictable. Just like we saw in the this case, Wing Commander Abhinandan crossed into Pakistani airspace engaging a retreating F-16. Also, all this is happening with multiple bogeys around and at >800kmph with a very shallow airspace to fight in. One simply does not have the time to these things. The missions you are talking about do happen. Just not in such situations.

dude00720

Country flag
OMG. Where you get these info bro...

Its stupidity to link every opposition with ISI. That works for uneducated blind followers. Not for everyone.

I cant believe there is still people who does this in this forum.

I have seen this a lot here and got sick of it.
Not at all stupid.
Jacks behaviour shows signs of being an extreme Liberal.
So, Shadowbanning is real.

And there is an analysis in social media circles, that, Congress trends are powered by Pakis. In fact, there was an expose which showed a whatsapp group which had Pakistanis and Congress IT cell guys together.

In facebook we are better off, as in Whatsapp also.

S.A.T.A

India shouldn't let Pak do to Indian elections what Russia did to US elections!!!
They certainly may have the intent, but do they have matching capability?

Russia on the the other hand is a past master in this field, with a highly developed infrastructure for cyberspace offensives. As far as we know, pakistan is a IT backwater...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles