India-Pakistan LoC/IB Skirmishes in the Aftermath of August 5 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS

Infiltration attempt has been stoped at Ramgarh Sector on Samba. The PorkiShitani Dog was trying to Cover fire for Pisslam Terrorists trying to infiltrate into India. They used the Drones to map the area for possible weakness in the Indian Defenses. PorkiShitani Dogs doing Artillery Attacks against Civilians in Hiranagar Sector.

Waanar

Country flag
Indian Army now world’s largest ground force as China halves strength on modernisation push
While the Indian Army is bearing the burden of a large personnel driven force, the Chinese are in the midst of a massive modernisation.

SNEHESH ALEX PHILIP
17 March, 2020

Army jawans patrolling near the snow-covered border on the occasion in Kupwara | ANI Photo

New Delhi: With approximately 1.4 million personnel, the Indian Army has become the world’s largest ground force, pulling ahead of China, which cut down its strength by half and is instead focusing on its navy, air force and technology.

According to the Defence of Japan 2019 report, released late last year, China has the third largest ground force in the world following India and North Korea, with approximately 9,80,000 personnel.

The Peoples’ Liberation Army (PLA) was always regarded as the largest army in the world with an approximate strength of two million soldiers.

The unprecedented reform began in November that year during which the focus shifted to technology for cyber and space and futuristic weapons besides giving a greater emphasis on building up the PLA’s Navy and the Air Force.

“Since 1985, China has continuously sought to modernize its military by curtailing the number of personnel and streamlining organizations and systems through reforms, including those currently being implemented, in order to improve operational capabilities … China has rapidly modernized its missile forces in recent years,” the Japanese military document said.

PLA ground forces cut by half

In January 2020, the state-run Xinhua news agency reported that China had cut the size of its land-based PLA by about 50 per cent and significantly boosted its navy and air force as part of an “unprecedented” strategic shift designed to transform its army into a comprehensive modern force.

The report indicated that the four other branches of the PLA — the navy, air force, rocket force and strategic support force, which is responsible for areas such as cyberwarfare — together make up more than half of the Chinese military, overtaking the army, which has traditionally been the dominant unit of the PLA, the South China Morning Post reported.

Shanghai-based military analyst Ni Lexiong was quoted by the newspaper as saying that the overhaul marked a significant strategic shift from having a homeland-based defensive force to one with the capacity to allow Beijing to flex its muscles beyond its national borders and to protect its interests overseas.

“He explained that modern warfare puts a greater emphasis on superiority in areas such as the air, space and cyberspace — further reducing the importance of the ground force,” the report said.

India’s military has been in the process of operationalising cyber and space commands for several years now. It also lags behind in incorporating future weapons while China and other countries such as US and Russia are way ahead.
I'll break a bit from mainstream talk and say this-
The fact that Indian Army has basically the entire population worth of a small country and still has it trained to a professional standard, ready for war is mind blowing. Modernization is necessary, yes, but it just boggles my mind when you read about the size of the troops and compare it to a country like... say.... Bosnia and Croatia.

We have a fucking military age, trained male for every 3 human in those countries.
I mean, it's blasphemous to even imagine they're any competition.
Our guys can literally roll up to any small country and not even engage in war but simply set up camps and start a extended COIN campaign in their own damn country if logistics and transportation are taken care of efficiently.

It's outright terrifying, to say the least...

Cartel Boss

Country flag
Shia citizens. They were all pilgrims who went to Iran. There are about 240 who remain in there, for whom we are taking care of medical services, food and accommodation.
Indian government should not have given into the blackmail. Instead, some counter measures should have been planned against Iran.

Cartel Boss

Country flag
safety of our citizens first..
Iran can always be poached later.
A plan needs to be sketched right away to deal with Iran. Holding Indian citizens hostage is a serious escalation. It will be a big mistake to offer Iran any help. Not only that, oil import from Iran needs to be halted as well.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
Indian Army now world’s largest ground force as China halves strength on modernisation push
While the Indian Army is bearing the burden of a large personnel driven force, the Chinese are in the midst of a massive modernisation.

SNEHESH ALEX PHILIP
17 March, 2020

Army jawans patrolling near the snow-covered border on the occasion in Kupwara | ANI Photo

New Delhi: With approximately 1.4 million personnel, the Indian Army has become the world’s largest ground force, pulling ahead of China, which cut down its strength by half and is instead focusing on its navy, air force and technology.

According to the Defence of Japan 2019 report, released late last year, China has the third largest ground force in the world following India and North Korea, with approximately 9,80,000 personnel.

The Peoples’ Liberation Army (PLA) was always regarded as the largest army in the world with an approximate strength of two million soldiers.

The unprecedented reform began in November that year during which the focus shifted to technology for cyber and space and futuristic weapons besides giving a greater emphasis on building up the PLA’s Navy and the Air Force.

“Since 1985, China has continuously sought to modernize its military by curtailing the number of personnel and streamlining organizations and systems through reforms, including those currently being implemented, in order to improve operational capabilities … China has rapidly modernized its missile forces in recent years,” the Japanese military document said.

PLA ground forces cut by half

In January 2020, the state-run Xinhua news agency reported that China had cut the size of its land-based PLA by about 50 per cent and significantly boosted its navy and air force as part of an “unprecedented” strategic shift designed to transform its army into a comprehensive modern force.

The report indicated that the four other branches of the PLA — the navy, air force, rocket force and strategic support force, which is responsible for areas such as cyberwarfare — together make up more than half of the Chinese military, overtaking the army, which has traditionally been the dominant unit of the PLA, the South China Morning Post reported.

Shanghai-based military analyst Ni Lexiong was quoted by the newspaper as saying that the overhaul marked a significant strategic shift from having a homeland-based defensive force to one with the capacity to allow Beijing to flex its muscles beyond its national borders and to protect its interests overseas.

“He explained that modern warfare puts a greater emphasis on superiority in areas such as the air, space and cyberspace — further reducing the importance of the ground force,” the report said.

India’s military has been in the process of operationalising cyber and space commands for several years now. It also lags behind in incorporating future weapons while China and other countries such as US and Russia are way ahead.
If anyone thinks we should follow the same trend, India's and China's ground forces needs are not comparable. China's main adversaries are in its pacific coast, where the threat to China is mostly naval blockade and air strikes. The only role their army is expected to carry out is to launch missiles against enemy ships and bases. They don't have any significant land threat. They're not overly bothered about India, as Tibet acts as a massive buffer zone between the Chinese mainland and the Indian army, besides which, we cannot sustain land operations across the Himalayas into Tibet. India's threat scenario is different. We have Pakistan on one side, china on the other, with no big buffer zones, and plenty of internal threats. We have to have a huge army.

Secondly, the Indian Army is extremely small when compared to the population of India. Look at the US military, which has 1.3 million active personnel. It is 90% the size of the Indian military, even though the U.S population is 4 times smaller that India. If India recruited soldiers at the same rate as the US, per 1000 people, then the we would have 5.2 million active troops! France too, seems to have a small military, of 250,000 active personnel. But again, compare it to its population of 67 million. If India recruited at the same rate as France, per 1000 people, then we would have 5.1 million active troops.

The issue isn't that we have too many soldiers. The issue is, our per capita income is too low, and our tax to GDP ratio is too low, so we're not able to sustain large number of troops without sacrificing the capital expenditure of the army, due to salaries and pensions. The solution is to increase our per capita income, along with increasing the tax to GDP ratio, while keeping salaries and pensions in check. Then we would have plenty to spend on our military, without being too burdened by the huge number of personnel we have.

Last edited:

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
A plan needs to be sketched right away to deal with Iran. Holding Indian citizens hostage is a serious escalation. It will be a big mistake to offer Iran any help. Not only that, oil import from Iran needs to be halted as well.
Don't forget the Chinese. The chinks did it first, that's why we sent a c17 with 15 tons of medical supplies to china. This was after the first wave of students were brought back. We found out that there will still 60-70 remaining, and that's when they blackmailed us and wouldn't let them go if we didn't send supplies. We need to deal with both these countries.

GOI completely downplayed these incidents by portraying it as Iran and China had "requested" for assistant, so we helped them like a good Gandhian country. Trust me, I have solid contacts who were involved in the process, in the political and bureaucratic end. We were blackmailed.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
Read this article. It talks about how the Chinese didn't give "clearance" for the flight. But the article itself shows that there is no clear reason why there isn't a clearance, and the chinki official says that in fact there is no issue from the Chinese govt. Now do you understand what was happening behind the scenes?

IAF flight to China for evacuation of Indians delayed due to clearance from Chinese govt: Indian embassy

As over 100 Indians stuck in China's coronavirus-hit Hubei province anxiously await their evacuation, the Indian embassy here has informed the stranded nationals that the delay for a special flight from India to bring them home was due to lack of clearance from the Chinese government.
advertisement

Press Trust of India

New Delhi/Beijing
February 23, 2020
UPDATED: February 23, 2020 03:44 IST

India operated two Air India special flights to Wuhan early this month and evacuated 647 Indians and seven Maldivians. (Representative Image)

As over 100 Indians stuck in China's coronavirus-hit Hubei province anxiously await their evacuation, the Indian embassy here has informed the stranded nationals that the delay for a special flight from India to bring them home was due to lack of clearance from the Chinese government.

India operated two Air India special flights to Wuhan, the provincial capital of Hubei and the epicentre of the COVID-19, early this month and evacuated 647 Indians and seven Maldivians.

India has announced its plan to send Indian Air Force's biggest plane C-17 Globemaster with medical supplies to China as well as to evacuate remaining Indians numbering over 100. It has also offered to evacuate nationals from the neighbouring countries, depending on the space availability.

In a note to over 100 Indians who opted to be evacuated, the embassy while explaining the reasons for the delay urged them to stay calm and take good care of themselves and wait for evacuation instructions.

India says the third flight which is also carrying relief medical supplies for China is delayed as it has not received permissions from the Chinese government yet.

Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Geng Shuang in his online media briefing on Friday denied any delay, but did not provide any reason for China not granting the required permission for the flight to go to Wuhan.

Indian officials say China has not assigned any reasons for the delay yet.

"We are continuously pursuing with the Chinese authorities necessary clearance for the relief flight at the earliest. The Chinese side has not yet given these clearances despite being requested to do so," the embassy note said.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
This was because they didn't want a american made C-17 owned by Indian airforce to land in china with aid while trump was in india.
Don't believe me if you don't want to. But this is not something I made up or theorized about. This is info I recieved first hand from some key people involved. I'm not going to go into detail about them. But its something that I think people should know.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Don't believe me if you don't want to. But this is not something I made up or theorized about. This is info I recieved first hand from some key people involved. I'm not going to go into detail about them. But its something that I think people should know.
yup, that why i deleted my earlier post. i believe you.
wrote this last sunday....
Is iran expecting a large crisis in short & medium term?

Something is off here...
Unless they are charging money for this...
========
Incredible! Managing Director of Iran’s Mahan Air writes to PM @narendramodi, offers to repatriate all Indian nationals stranded in Iran as a humanitarian initiative. Thanks to the efforts of former J&K Minister @imranrezaansari, most respected Shia leader from Kashmir.

Cartel Boss

Country flag
Don't forget the Chinese. The chinks did it first, that's why we sent a c17 with 15 tons of medical supplies to china. This was after the first wave of students were brought back. We found out that there will still 60-70 remaining, and that's when they blackmailed us and wouldn't let them go if we didn't send supplies. We need to deal with both these countries.

GOI completely downplayed these incidents by portraying it as Iran and China had "requested" for assistant, so we helped them like a good Gandhian country. Trust me, I have solid contacts who were involved in the process, in the political and bureaucratic end. We were blackmailed.
China's treachery can be countered with developing aggressive military co-operation with US. Iran's treachery can be countered with covert military co-operation with Israel although Israel has been quite conciliatory towards Iran lately because of Iran's growing military prowess.

Cartel Boss

Country flag
China's blackmailing was quite transparent to quite a few of us. I recall @ezsasa and @sorcerer mentioning this when IAF plane was waiting for Chinese clearance. I personally did not have any insider contact. My deduction was based on China's behavior which was quite obvious to read. Iran's mischief on the other hand came as a total surprise to me given India investing so much money in Iran. I strongly believe that India needs to have some type of guarantee regime in place to enforce the quid-pro agreement when dealing with countries like Iran.

Last edited:

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS

The PorkiShitani Camel Pee Drinker Drone was Shot Down over the Jammu-Sialkot Sector by the BSF. The PorkiShitani Monkey thought it was a Indian Drone but there ass got later burned after finding out that it was There Porki drone which got Ass Raped by India over the international Border.

The first Reporting of the Porki drone came from Ramgarh Sector in the Samba District were it was mapping and helping Porki Pisslam Terrorists in infiltration and was later Engaged by our BSF Troops. Drone was most likely was highly damaged by our troops in the ensuing shootout so when retreating it crashed near the Porki border in the Jammu District which is near Samba District.

Last edited:

Alfalfa

Country flag
on the defence draft policy we have added a clause to LEASE Military ships and aircrafts..
hmmm...
I dont think this has anything to do with the LoC at all, some CRPF dudes cleared out Shaheen Bag... well done yes, but no footballs this time is what I know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

Articles