India Pakistan conflict along LoC and counter terrorist operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladder

Country flag
sir ji but how come we have spare for m46 but they dont have for 203mm howitzer. you see the contradiction.
ballistic missiles cost far far more than a rocket . an MLRS would be far more cost efficient than a ballistic or cruise missile.
nashedi nasr dont hold any value in my opinion with 69 km range .
Indian Army too wasn't detered. you are wrong havent you seen an article written by lt.general whose headline say match chinese mlrs with pinaka mlrs. they can target ladakh with mlrs.
No, I still don't.
There are upgrading them? Have you heard Pakistani are upgrading 203mm howitzer?

A suicide bomber is even more cost effective. In a war objectives matter. If something is important enough to be hit at 100 plus kilometres, why not invest money to ensure it is decimated?
That being said, I am not saying 100 km+ rocket has no utility.

If you aren't mis-quoting the General, then
Ok, include 'I and the lt. Gen', no one beyond you two.

Hopefully you aren't reffering to one Lt. Gen' who aspires to wear political cap in guise of his army peak cap.

Last edited:

Abhay Rajput 02

No, I still don't.
There are upgrading them? Have you heard Pakistani are upgrading 203mm howitzer?

A suicide bomber is even more cost effective. In a war objectives matter. If something is important enough to be hit at 100 plus kilometres, why not invest money to ensure it is decimated?
That being said, I am not saying 100 km+ rocket has no utility.

Ok, include 'I and the lt. Gen', no one beyond you two.

Hopefully you aren't reffering to one Lt. Gen' who aspires to wear political cap in guise of his army peak cap.
i will end the debate now . 203mm howitzer ammunition is manufactured by POF . proof of them being in active service.
yea we will fire brahmos or prithvi missile to hit targets more than 100km range which increases the cost many times. we dont have endless supply of either of them. mlrs are very important today especially against chinese.
i am talking about him lt general p.ravi shankar
but sadly even than our mlrs will only be limited to 90km . compared to chinese 200-300km range mlrs

Raaakisazih

Country flag
i will end the debate now . 203mm howitzer ammunition is manufactured by POF . proof of them being in active service.
yea we will fire brahmos or prithvi missile to hit targets more than 100km range which increases the cost many times. we dont have endless supply of either of them. mlrs are very important today especially against chinese.
i am talking about him lt general p.ravi shankar
but sadly even than our mlrs will only be limited to 90km . compared to chinese 200-300km range mlrs
Is there any mlrs under development which can match chinese mlrs

Ayushraj

Country flag
sir ji but how come we have spare for m46 but they dont have for 203mm howitzer. you see the contradiction.
ballistic missiles cost far far more than a rocket . an MLRS would be far more cost efficient than a ballistic or cruise missile.
nashedi nasr dont hold any value in my opinion with 69 km range .
Indian Army too wasn't detered. you are wrong havent you seen an article written by lt.general whose headline say match chinese mlrs with pinaka mlrs. they can target ladakh with mlrs.
Indian Army order of m46
1967-680 guns
1993-321 guns
In year 2000 Indian Army modified 180 m46 from Israel under project karan
Sharang gun has got only old chassis of m46 artillery.
Rest all system are new. New gun barrels , new reloader, etc.
Chinese unguided mbrl has currently got maximum range of 140 km(guided rockets are excluded that has got range of 300 km)
That porki fateh -1 mbrl is Turkish TRG300 (which in turn is derived from Chinese weishi rocket).
India currently have unguided rocket at maximum range of 90 km . We might lack in range but still we focus on ramjet powered guided artillery shell and guided rocket.
That will be better option since it has increased accuracy.
If anyone want to know how accurate are ballistic missile plz read about saddam attack NATO forces in 1991.They failed tremendously after having guidance system. So you can imagine how accurate will be these unguided system
After balakot India is more focused on air centric warfare.

janme

Country flag
I want to file multiple RTIs, how to do so? I want to ask regarding the corrupt AK-203 deal and the stupid delays in modernisation.
Well the AK 203 deal was pushed by Yogi Adityanaath who is the favourite CM of many people here. And what has happened is exactly what was predicted, they have not even started the manufacturing yet even though I Adityanaath gave personal gurantees.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Well the AK 203 deal was pushed by Yogi Adityanaath who is the favourite CM of many people here. And what has happened is exactly what was predicted, they have not even started the manufacturing yet even though I Adityanaath gave personal gurantees.
Politics comes first then Armed Forces.

ladder

Country flag
Indian Army order of m46
1967-680 guns
1993-321 guns
In year 2000 Indian Army modified 180 m46 from Israel under project karan
Sharang gun has got only old chassis of m46 artillery.
Rest all system are new. New gun barrels , new reloader, etc.
Chinese unguided mbrl has currently got maximum range of 140 km(guided rockets are excluded that has got range of 300 km)
That porki fateh -1 mbrl is Turkish TRG300 (which in turn is derived from Chinese weishi rocket).
India currently have unguided rocket at maximum range of 90 km . We might lack in range but still we focus on ramjet powered guided artillery shell and guided rocket.
That will be better option since it has increased accuracy.
If anyone want to know how accurate are ballistic missile plz read about saddam attack NATO forces in 1991.They failed tremendously after having guidance system. So you can imagine how accurate will be these unguided system
After balakot India is more focused on air centric warfare.
Pinaka without guidance is 60-65 Km maximum range. 75 and 90 KM are with guidance kit.

Lost user

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
if i remember correctly pakistan today has more 155mm guns than we have. they have much better submarines with aip . we need to outnmuber them in every place if we ever wish to fight 2 front war. .
Pakistan does not have more 155 mm guns than us..
By 2023 India will have 500 upgraded M46 ( right now maybe half are 155 mm).. also.. Dhanush, we have a dozen handed over.. 400 bofors.. ( 300 may be functional) + 135 M777 + 100 vajra..

Pakistan has 600 American towed and self propelled artillery.. A huge chunk of them would be dysfunctional for lack of spares..

DerBronzeLord

Country flag
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/41362/switzerland-chooses-f-35-as-its-next-fighter-jet

Very surprised that no one has mentioned this rather crucial piece of news for us.

Switzerland has decided to buy the F35 rather than the Rafale, Eurofighter Typhoon or the F/A 18, therefore opening up the door for India to order enough Rafales to fulfill its need(around 120 I believe), without fearing a later delivery timeline. Numerous corners had feared that if Switzerland chose the Rafale, India would have to wait till the late 2020's to obtain more Rafales. This is pretty big news, considering we can order many more Rafale fighters now.

iNorthernerOn9

Country flag
Pakistan does not have more 155 mm guns than us..
By 2023 India will have 500 upgraded M46 ( right now maybe half are 155 mm).. also.. Dhanush, we have a dozen handed over.. 400 bofors.. ( 300 may be functional) + 135 M777 + 100 vajra..

Pakistan has 600 American towed and self propelled artillery.. A huge chunk of them would be dysfunctional for lack of spares..
Of the previous bid to upgrade 180 M-46... it was stopped at 40 guns.

Of the 410 bofors guns acquired... approx 220 are operational.

Pakistan has 350+ tracked self propelled M109 howitzers, 110 × M198 howitzers, 236 × SH-15 self propelled howitzers & 90 × Turkish panter howitzer

so in effect Pakistan has larger number of 155mm howitzers than India

iNorthernerOn9

Country flag
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/41362/switzerland-chooses-f-35-as-its-next-fighter-jet

Very surprised that no one has mentioned this rather crucial piece of news for us.

Switzerland has decided to buy the F35 rather than the Rafale, Eurofighter Typhoon or the F/A 18, therefore opening up the door for India to order enough Rafales to fulfill its need(around 120 I believe), without fearing a later delivery timeline. Numerous corners had feared that if Switzerland chose the Rafale, India would have to wait till the late 2020's to obtain more Rafales. This is pretty big news, considering we can order many more Rafale fighters now.
Absolute BS spread by desi "bundle-baaz" patrakaars to fill newspaper... In the Indian contract 85% of jets have to be partially manufactured/assembled in India... so it doesn't matter.

& even in case of smaller Indian order & swiss or any other nation places orders... Dassault can always upscale the production... as it upscaled its production in 2016 from 11 to 13 aircraft per year after receiving Indian contract

Knowitall

And who are those elements?. Army chief seems to be reading the script written by chutiya MEA babu who is unaware of the reality.
Does he ever wonder how did a truck full of explosives ended up in nagpur or how did a thousand rounds of ammo and rifles end up in lakshadweep or how did the drones that hit the airbase get their explosives. Does he ever think wonder on what pakistan will do if afghanistan falls to the taliban.

Anyways i would like to see his face if a major terror attack was to take place in the coming months.

Lost user

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Of the previous bid to upgrade 180 M-46... it was stopped at 40 guns.

Of the 410 bofors guns acquired... approx 220 are operational.

Pakistan has 350+ tracked self propelled M109 howitzers, 110 × M198 howitzers, 236 × SH-15 self propelled howitzers & 90 × Turkish panter howitzer

so in effect Pakistan has larger number of 155mm howitzers than India
M198 is not operated by the US anymore..
If you want to say only 220 bofors are operational.. try using the same parameters for American artillery equipment from the 60s and 70s that Pakistan operates..
Also, anything to back up ur claim that only 40 M46 upgraded by Soltam..

iNorthernerOn9

Country flag
M198 is not operated by the US anymore..
If you want to say only 220 bofors are operational.. try using the same parameters for American artillery equipment from the 60s and 70s that Pakistan operates..
Also, anything to back up ur claim that only 40 M46 upgraded by Soltam..
Prasun sengupta... trishul trident blog... he has mentioned it n times... his blog taught me the ugly/hard realities of Indian defence apparatus.

forgot to mention... baboons & gibbons will start laughing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles