India Pakistan conflict along IB and LoC (July 2021 onwards)

Country flag
It's definitely Pak army bumping them off one after another- not hoping to use them in recent future. Their controlled chaos model of control over their fiefdom was getting too chaotic to control because of international pressure and scrutiny. They'll continue with terrorism in Cash-mere and near border areas, but Mumbai like incidents aren't worth the cost in their calculations for now, it would appear.
it all depends on the mood of their fathers who control them and have bought them.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
You think they don't know what they did or their parents did? You also think they don't actively support terrorists by sheltering them, providing inputs and helping them with logistics?
It's not so black & white. There is a spectrum of people from extremists to moderates.

Then why are they not against the terrorists but only against Indian state? If they are suffering, then they should be equally angry at both sides but clearly they are only angry at one side.
Again, as I said, it's not so black & white.
I highly recommend you visit Kashmir and interact with different communities/people, preferably off-beat, not just in tourist areas. From your opinion above I presume you don't have a ground-level understanding of the Kashmiri diaspora.

Economic development has negative effect on Islamic extremism unless it comes from within. By within, I mean like Europe enlightening itself by rebelling against the church (protestant) and starting their own quest for knowledge & technology. History has shown that Muslims will never accept any knowledge over religious texts and as evidence, we can see that no muslim country has made any meaningful progress towards advanced technology. Only Iran has some technology and that is a result of Russian & Chinese gifts to prevent USA from taking over middle east completely rather than developed on its own merits.

Giving economic development through gifts, fundings etc without inherent gains of knowledge & enlightenment will only give them more free-time to pursue their fanaticism rather than solve the problem. Money is not the solution but enlightenment is.
It is a general global trend that economic prosperity weans one off from religion. Although I agree Muslims have shown tremendous outlier examples of this trend, they are not impervious to its effects.

Samej Jangir

Country flag
BREAKING : India's most wanted and one of the main conspirators of Mumbai 26/11, Lashkar terrorist Sajid Mir poisoned by unknown person inside Central Jail Dera Ghazi Khan. A few months back he was shifted from Lahore Central Jail to here. He is critical and airlifted by Pakistan Army & ISI and currently on ventilator support in CMH Bahawalpur. A private cook who was working in the kitchen of Central Jail Dera Ghazi Khan since October 2023 is missing and Pakistani agencies are trying to nab him. (Sources)

Babaji post. But thought of posting

Edit : Frontal force also reporting the same
Why was he in prison if he was so important to ISI? If he was not important, why was he airlifted?

Samej Jangir

Country flag
It's not so black & white. There is a spectrum of people from extremists to moderates.
Yes, there are wide spectrum of people based on character. Some people are highly fanatical while some or midway while some are selfish and so on. That does not mean they are not threats. The moderates are just people with weak minds, who are indecisive and just go with the crowd. But they are still threats as if there are friends group of 10 people in which 1 is fanatical, the rest 9 being moderates will simply follow their leader and do anything.

Again, as I said, it's not so black & white.
I highly recommend you visit Kashmir and interact with different communities/people, preferably off-beat, not just in tourist areas. From your opinion above I presume you don't have a ground-level understanding of the Kashmiri diaspora.
There are different types of people in every society. The only question that matters is - during times of crisis or war, which side will they take. Everything else is irrelevant. I am pretty sure that you are wrong. The reason behind your wrong thinking could be:
1) You are too superficial and only look at the surface. You have done some small talks and just made conclusions that people are good
2) You are one of them doing Taqiya or someone with an agenda
3) You are a coward who can't take tough decisions or handle stress and hence just choose to believe the most convenient theories to soothe your mind and just try to use confirmation bias with superficial events.

It is a general global trend that economic prosperity weans one off from religion. Although I agree Muslims have shown tremendous outlier examples of this trend, they are not impervious to its effects.
Push people off religion? Can you explain which religion other than Catholicism/Protestantism has been affected by prosperity? Yes, there is significant reduction in crimes which are generally economically motivated activities. People tend to take lesser risks for money & resources when they have easy access to them. But there is no real correlation with irreligiosity.

I will give counter examples:
- Russia & majority of Slavic orthodox christians were damn poor, lost the WW1 by signing armistice with Germany in 1917 and were facing huge political crisis. They gave up religion and became communist in a mass rebellion. There was no link with economic prosperity that drove them off religion. If anything, it is the poverty that made people angry against religion. In Latin America too, it was racism by Whites that led to surge of communism, not increased economic prosperity.
- China & majority of East Asia never had any religion but some local beliefs like Taoism, Confucianism etc which are civilisational values. So, their distance from religion has nothing to do with economic prosperity
- Hinduism is seeing huge surge of poojas, yagnas, temple visits as people are getting rich. But Hindus were never fanatical in religion even 200 years back and that has had no relation with economy.
- Countries like Iran, Saudi, Qatar etc have strict Islamic codes, spread Islam across the world by using their oil wealth. This shows increased religiosity with wealth.

Can you show me any reasonable correlation with prosperity & irreligiosity other than in Western countries? If you are only looking at western countries, then you are simply ignoring the rest of the world. The west is not the world. This has been said recently by Jaishankar & Lavrov too in case you did not get an idea on your own.

daya

Country flag
Government has never tried to put the fanatics behind the Bar. Be it in Kashmir or any other part of India. The reason is no secret to anyone. The power of the vote. In Kashmir valley, the terrorist were well -funded by enemies. They glorified all this.

Samej Jangir

Country flag
Government has never tried to put the fanatics behind the Bar. Be it in Kashmir or any other part of India. The reason is no secret to anyone. The power of the vote. In Kashmir valley, the terrorist were well -funded by enemies. They glorified all this.
India did launch a crackdown in Kashmir. But the problem is that 20-25% muslims are fanatics. It is just lack of support & opportunity and fear of reprisal that keeps them at bay. You can't arrest so many people.

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
Yes, there are wide spectrum of people based on character. Some people are highly fanatical while some or midway while some are selfish and so on. That does not mean they are not threats. The moderates are just people with weak minds, who are indecisive and just go with the crowd. But they are still threats as if there are friends group of 10 people in which 1 is fanatical, the rest 9 being moderates will simply follow their leader and do anything.

There are different types of people in every society. The only question that matters is - during times of crisis or war, which side will they take. Everything else is irrelevant. I am pretty sure that you are wrong. The reason behind your wrong thinking could be:
1) You are too superficial and only look at the surface. You have done some small talks and just made conclusions that people are good
2) You are one of them doing Taqiya or someone with an agenda
3) You are a coward who can't take tough decisions or handle stress and hence just choose to believe the most convenient theories to soothe your mind and just try to use confirmation bias with superficial events.

Push people off religion? Can you explain which religion other than Catholicism/Protestantism has been affected by prosperity? Yes, there is significant reduction in crimes which are generally economically motivated activities. People tend to take lesser risks for money & resources when they have easy access to them. But there is no real correlation with irreligiosity.

I will give counter examples:
- Russia & majority of Slavic orthodox christians were damn poor, lost the WW1 by signing armistice with Germany in 1917 and were facing huge political crisis. They gave up religion and became communist in a mass rebellion. There was no link with economic prosperity that drove them off religion. If anything, it is the poverty that made people angry against religion. In Latin America too, it was racism by Whites that led to surge of communism, not increased economic prosperity.
- China & majority of East Asia never had any religion but some local beliefs like Taoism, Confucianism etc which are civilisational values. So, their distance from religion has nothing to do with economic prosperity
- Hinduism is seeing huge surge of poojas, yagnas, temple visits as people are getting rich. But Hindus were never fanatical in religion even 200 years back and that has had no relation with economy.
- Countries like Iran, Saudi, Qatar etc have strict Islamic codes, spread Islam across the world by using their oil wealth. This shows increased religiosity with wealth.

Can you show me any reasonable correlation with prosperity & irreligiosity other than in Western countries? If you are only looking at western countries, then you are simply ignoring the rest of the world. The west is not the world. This has been said recently by Jaishankar & Lavrov too in case you did not get an idea on your own.
Absolutely ! There is no such thing as a moderate sullah. It's the so called moderates who helped their extremists brothers Lynch Hindus during the kashmir hindu ethnic cleansing in the 90s. So moderates in them don't do the actual cutting, but provide the knife and bring the butcher. That's the only difference.

All this economy bs that Maulana is pushing won't do squat. They want hindu tourism and the resulting money inflow, but don't want kashmiri Hindus back. Name one so called moderate kashmiri sullah who has said he would welcome back the kashmiri Hindus and give back their stolen land and property.

Till the kashmir hindu is back in his land and regained his stolen property with security, I don't believe in this jhumla.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
On drone activities along the Jammu border, IG BSF Jammu Frontier, DK Boora says, "At the beginning of the year, a big gang involved in drone activities was held. After this, drone activities are close to nil on the Jammu border. With the arrest of members of this gang, most of the arms sent through drones (from Pakistan) were recovered."

Suhaldev

Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles