India Pakistan conflict along IB and LoC (July 2021 onwards)

zathura98

Country flag
can't we use these moving artilleries for such operation ,do we have it even? it's same size as armoured vehicle
which is already in the area so no issue with movement

1694701948029.png

NutCracker

Country flag
Fighting is still on, terrorists continues firing taking cover of the forest. Better bomb the whole area using cluster munitions, atleast pigs will try to shift their locations and chances of getting killed
I don't think you know what Cluster munitions are, they are not joke, its cheap, old and hence chances of some of them staying unexploded is high.

this is our own territory, for decades there will be news of our own people who go into forest collecting wood , herbs, or some trecker finding themself injured if we kept dropping cluster munitions on own territory.

Jimih

Country flag
I don't think you know what Cluster munitions are, they are not joke, its cheap, old and hence chances of some of them staying unexploded is high.

this is our own territory, for decades there will be news of our own people who go into forest collecting wood , herbs, or some trecker finding themself injured if we kept dropping cluster munitions on own territory.
Correct

INDIAFIRST

Country flag
this is not technology related, this one is more about tactics and SOP. if the SOP is saying, make best efforts to get a surrender, what else can a C.O do but follow SOP.

terrorism is specifically created to exploit these grey areas, it's neither war nor peace, it's an uneasy peace. this is what our enemy nation is imposing on us. this is inspite their own affairs are going down hill.

even if we assume there are certain areas in this scenario where technology can help, considering what seems to be a built up area. IA has to study these incidents find gaps in their SOPs, only then DRDO can step in to give tech aspect of solutions. this whole thing is a multi year process. but this is for another day.
Right they say SOP's but can we improvise these SOP...

i had seen one movie where three models are used for same operation simultaneously and they have some algo's which alters the game...i can't remember it but i liked the concept...

Austin316

Country flag

Which means you are ok to treat field soldiers as cannon fodder and expendables. Can walk into the ambush and should be ready to take the damage

NutCracker

Country flag
Which means you are ok to treat field soldiers as cannon fodder and expendables. Can walk into the ambush and should be ready to take the damage
No, Im saying don't use cluster munitions, use some pecision munitions, Quadcopter based grenade launchers etc.

abingdonboy

Country flag
1. First of all, the area where the encounter happened is really remote.
2. Most likely the terrorists were camouflaged.
3. We are still not using advanced technologies like HHTIs or drone swarms.
4. Relaxed following of SOPs due to underestimating.
5. Intelligence failure about terrorists arms and capabilities.
6. IA doctrine “rush in and overwhelm with numbers”.
7. Inability to incorporate lessons learnt.
8. Corruption in the armed forces.
9. Not enough deterrence.
10. Timing: terrorists must do something before the snow season starts.

IA has to realize that taking out terrorists at the LoC or plain areas is easier than terrorists camoufpaged in hard to reach places. Never underestimate your enemy. Overwhelm with technology and not manpower. Wait and draw out terrorists-cut off food and water.

CCS - cabinet committee on security must authorize to retaliate across the LoC and take out top Porki army and isi officers. Israel style assassins with AI tech needed. Also time to change government in Nepal and pretty much install our puppet there. Nepal’s weak security and games they play with China is turning out to be security risks. Salami slicing into GB needed.
You hear about anti India terrorists being killed in POK and deeper inside Pakistan all the time, you even hear of them disappearing or dying in other countries so no there’s no need for the masala drama of ‘surgical strikes’ and press releases. R&AW and the intel agencies seem to be doing their job pretty competently since 2008

IA is a completely different kettle of fish, this late in the day they are still underestimating their enemy and failing to undertake proper risk assessments, as I’ve said before- a few nasty incidents in the early days of GWOT transformed the entire way the ISAF/NATO units operated

having a command element taken out on your own soil because they failed to even establish positive control of an area is unforgivable

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
You hear about anti India terrorists being killed in POK and deeper inside Pakistan all the time, you even hear of them disappearing or dying in other countries so no there’s no need for the masala drama of ‘surgical strikes’ and press releases. R&AW and the intel agencies seem to be doing their job pretty competently since 2008

IA is a completely different kettle of fish, this late in the day they are still underestimating their enemy and failing to undertake proper risk assessments, as I’ve said before- a few nasty incidents in the early days of GWOT transformed the entire way the ISAF/NATO units operated

having a command element taken out on your own soil because they failed to even establish positive control of an area is unforgivable
RR was formed to keep the anti terrorist ops costs low. RR is not equipped much with latest gear. Only special forces are. Idea.ly, in such difficult terrain, IA should not be conducting ops without special forces taking the lead. This is a complete underestimation of ‘Intel going wrong‘ and walking straight into an ambush. Pretty amateur move. Such moves do not establish deterrence. We are well within our rights to get the world to impose trade sanctions on Porkiland. How is that we are unable to get Porkis back on FATF list and cutting off funding from WB/IMF? What is the use of successfully hosting a G20 summit if we are not able to use that power to bring a failed nation like Porkistan to its knees?

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
RR was formed to keep the anti terrorist ops costs low. RR is not equipped much with latest gear. Only special forces are. Idea.ly, in such difficult terrain, IA should not be conducting ops without special forces taking the lead. This is a complete underestimation of ‘Intel going wrong‘ and walking straight into an ambush. Pretty amateur move. Such moves do not establish deterrence. We are well within our rights to get the world to impose trade sanctions on Porkiland. How is that we are unable to get Porkis back on FATF list and cutting off funding from WB/IMF? What is the use of successfully hosting a G20 summit if we are not able to use that power to bring a failed nation like Porkistan to its knees?
Army Special forces are literally RR with a Tavor, with arguably even less uniformity and a majority of them still stuck in the 90s

Brimstone

Spotter
Country flag
I disagree with this.

Right now, the Pak Army is dealing problems on multiple fronts. There are Afghans on their west border, TTP making gains inside Pak and the BLA, though silent now but still pose a threat to Pak Army inside their own territory.

But Gen Munir's focus is on the low morale of his troops. Recent political events indicated that officers are not happy with the current leadership.
Image of Pak army got a dent and people are not treating them with respect like they used to.

Correct me if I am wrong but Pak Army don't put in much fight when it comes to TTP or Afghans. But when it comes to India, the eternal enemy, they're ready to get 72'd. If we violate the Ceasefire, Pak Army will have a 'why' and Munir will be a COAS again.

But IA needs to extract the cost of this misadventure from Pak leadership. Pound them hard like we did in 2019 till the snow sets in. Don't target the terror camps this time, target the sponsors. Don't violate the airspace, just use standoff units, do cross border raids on their posts, use the big guns, Gustavs. Target their Army personnels not their "misguided" youths and the "scholars". Let them cry, appeal, file complaints, write Op-eds.
Respond violence with violence.

another_armchair

Country flag
I disagree with this.

Right now, the Pak Army is dealing problems on multiple fronts. There are Afghans on their west border, TTP making gains inside Pak and the BLA, though silent now but still pose a threat to Pak Army inside their own territory.

But Gen Munir's focus is on the low morale of his troops. Recent political events indicated that officers are not happy with the current leadership.
Image of Pak army got a dent and people are not treating them with respect like they used to.

Correct me if I am wrong but Pak Army don't put in much fight when it comes to TTP or Afghans. But when it comes to India, the eternal enemy, they're ready to get 72'd. If we violate the Ceasefire, Pak Army will have a 'why' and Munir will be a COAS again.

But IA needs to extract the cost of this misadventure from Pak leadership. Pound them hard like we did in 2019 till the snow sets in. Don't target the terror camps this time, target the sponsors. Don't violate the airspace, just use standoff units, do cross border raids on their posts, use the big guns, Gustavs. Target their Army personnels not their "misguided" youths and the "scholars". Let them cry, appeal, file complaints, write Op-eds.
Respond violence with violence.
Once their army can no longer stomach their losses, they resort to targeting civilian areas in India which in turn puts immense pressure on forces and GoI combine in keeping up with the momentum.

Add unsolicited pressure from US and friends in EU to put an end to cross border firing and put an end to human misery.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles