India Pakistan conflict along IB and LoC (July 2021 onwards)

Spitfire9

Country flag
Soldiers temporarily fraternising with their opposite numbers is not unknown.

If India does not want to play cricket in international competitions involving Pakistan in order to avoid playing Pakistan, so be it.

Regarding using another country's airspace, that requires permission.

Spitfire9

Country flag
Not wrong though

Soldiers temporarily fraternising with their opposite numbers is not unknown.

If India does not want to play cricket in international competitions involving Pakistan in order to avoid playing Pakistan, so be it.

Regarding using another country's airspace, that requires permission.

Attacks on fishermen and civilians are things that do warrant a reaction requiring a little spine, though, in my view.

Last edited:

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS

No Statement by Coast Guard on this Firing incident so far

This is a separate incident

Coast Guard has its own Twitter Account
Again Highlighting the need for a Central Marine Police Force. The Porkis ‘s Maritime Security Agency which fills the gap between there coastal police units and Coast Guard. CMPF would do the same between Indian Coast Guard and State Coastal Police. Indian Coast Guard wasn’t able to respond Distress calls of the fishermen today and this happened many times in the past as well since it has to patrol a lot of areas so having CMPF would help them deal situations better because of CMPF can take over some of the functions of the Coast Guard giving them more space to operate efficiently. CMPF would also give an additional robust layer of protection against any threats from the ocean coming towards India.

Last edited:

Jimih

Country flag
Again Highlighting the need for a Central Marine Police Force. The Porkis ‘s Maritime Security Agency which fills the gap between there coastal police units and Coast Guard. CMPF would do the same between Indian Coast Guard and State Coastal Police. Indian Coast Guard wasn’t able to respond Distress calls of the fishermen today and this happened many times in the past as well since it has to patrol a lot of areas so having CMPF would help them deal situations better because of CMPF can take over some of the functions of the Coast Guard giving them more space to operate efficiently. CMPF would also give an additional robust layer of protection against any threats from the ocean coming towards India.
Well said, but states like Maharashtra and Gujrat do have respective State Coastal Police units. Those are in total worst conditions, they don't have proper boats and troops lack proper training.

Too much workload on our ICG, we have learned nothing from Mumbai attacks, how Kasab and his team infiltrated in a dingy and entered VT.

Last edited:

DEV1729

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

DEV1729

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I think we should allow foreign military bases in Ladakh n Kashmir. I would recommend starting with France, then Japan, Australia, US.
India need to have foreign bases in usa and france not the other way round,no country which has foreign bases have a good military.Moreover the host country usually pays for these bases and these foreign countries will dump their product on you.

Spitfire9

Country flag
India need to have foreign bases in usa and france not the other way round,no country which has foreign bases have a good military.Moreover the host country usually pays for these bases and these foreign countries will dump their product on you.
I think there are several US bases in UK. I don't think the UK finances them. The UK has a rather good military (albeit small by world standards) so I don't go along with your analysis.

DEV1729

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I think there are several US bases in UK. I don't think the UK finances them. The UK has a rather good military (albeit small by world standards) so I don't go along with your analysis.
All uk based companies from aerospace to ground systems are now being owned by Americans eg BAE systems without usa permission uk military can't take any major decision,military industrial complex at uk is at the mercy of usa as it has bases in uk except France no other European products are itar free.Uk military has deteriorated after it allowed usa bases in its land

Spitfire9

Country flag
All uk based companies from aerospace to ground systems are now being owned by Americans eg BAE systems without usa permission uk military can't take any major decision,military industrial complex at uk is at the mercy of usa as it has bases in uk except France no other European products are itar free.
Where did you get the idea that BAE Systems is owned by Americans? It is a British company listed on the London stock exchange. While you do not need to be British to buy shares I vaguely remember that foreign share ownership is limited to less than 50%. BAE Systems Inc supplies the US armed forces and in my memory has bought several US defence companies. Same with RR - listed on London stock exchange.

You misunderstand if you think that US bases are a threat to UK security. It is more like they provide a defence capability that the UK might pay to provide if the US did not.

Cobham was British but was recently taken over by an American investment group IIRC.

Last edited:

Spitfire9

Country flag
So total fisherman is 13 now ?
I understand that Pakistan acts with the intention of antagonising India. If true that Indian fishing boats are seized by Pakistani naval forces in international waters, those are acts of piracy. IMO India should respond in a manner that leads to such acts stopping. If India is also playing the same silly game, India should stop doing so.

Articles