India Launched Surgical Strikes Across LoC: DGMO 29/09/2016

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
this fb ads retargetting thing is like 'meh' common now. what i came across y'day was some dark sorcery! was going through an article on some site, which had images of a couple of FB group-pages' headers, & beneath their titles it showed under the 'people who follow' heading, people from my friends-list only! i was truly stumped seeing that!
Tapatalked!

Brood Father

Country flag
THOUSAND YEAR OF MUSLIM RULE ON MY DICK
SEE THIS
Yeah ....most people don't know this but we Kumouni have never been under Mughal rule .....
We pahadi including Gharwali and Gurkhas have always paid ultimate sacrifice to defend this nation
Porkistan always forget that india has Maratha , Sikh , Gharwali , Kumouni , Gorkhali , Naga , Nair , Jaat, Naidu , Rajpoot and many more as martial race
So fuck them , we had we are and we will win all the wars against them

Abhinav Dharma

Yeah ....most people don't know this but we Kumouni have never been under Mughal rule .....
We pahadi including Gharwali and Gurkhas have always paid ultimate sacrifice to defend this nation
Porkistan always forget that india has Maratha , Sikh , Gharwali , Kumouni , Gorkhali , Naga , Nair , Jaat, Naidu , Rajpoot and many more as martial race
So fuck them , we had we are and we will win all the wars against them
You Meant you are a dogra or gurkha ? anyways I salute to thes martyrs and people always forget other heroes to like Chitpavan Brahmin Marathas Too We Need Too Hinduize History Too

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
The pig named Hafiz Saeed was lucky as he was not there in the terror camps or he could have become a roasted pig. Anyways next time IA will make it sure to roast him :shoot::drool:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
is it true ?

30 chr--- :blah::blah::blah:. :blah::blah:
Could also mean that 20 tango bodies are not accounted for, and Pakis are desperately trying to find out if Paras have taken them tucked in their pockets while coming back..

Brood Father

Country flag

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!
It is called AD retargetting. They use your cookies to give you right ADs. Maybe facebook does the same with your usernames and stuff. Who knows/
Bhaijaan yeh cookie wala matter nahi hai. I know how cookies work. Cookies are static files. Your Facebook cookie contains your Facebook credentials at the most, it is not populated by your other browsing history.

This issue of personalized targeting is actually because there is a socket connection that is left open at the application level as long as you are logged in the background. So even if you close the Facebook window, it keeps running in the background (hence the chat popups). As long as you are logged in, the Facebook app keeps tracking your browsing history, and possibly keeps crawling the DOM of ALL sites we browse for all text that your eyeballs glance over. That's the dark sorcery OneGrimPilgrim is talking about.

A definitive test to find of whether a function is a result of cookie or active http connection is to do an A/B testing by first logging out/deleting cookies, then testing the response of the site. If the site is sending you tailor made recommendations even after logging out, then it is cookies at play. IF the site shows tailor made recommendations only when you are logged in, then it is a matter of live tracking.

Personally speaking, Facebook adds no value to my life which I cannot get from elsewhere. Good friends are only worth counting on fingers, and I choose to call/sms them personally on eventful occasions. As for colleague-cum-friends, we meet them daily, anyway so all the relevant people are in touch with the happenings in each other's life without having to hear about it from a Facebook post. Facebook is nothing but a breach of privacy, anyway you look at it. When it comes to interacting with a large number of like-minded people, there are always blogs and forums to participate in. When it comes to keeping abreast with viral content in your field of interest, there are always content aggregators like Reddit. Facebook just feels like...umm..how do I say it..it feels like Orkut. Irrelevant.

@OneGrimPilgrim Koi accha sa shubh muhurat dekh lo aur Facebook account delete kardo.

Last edited:

thethinker

Country flag
@Navnit Kundu - Facebook uses trackers to cross reference your browsing history. So even if you don't have Facebook open, other sites with Facebook like buttons and scripts will record and deliver targeted ads.

A fundamental rule when using any web app that is free is to ask yourself : why is it free? How will the company pay for it's network infrastructure, staff and offices?

It is because YOU - the user are the product.

Eg : Mr. X uses Facebook, Mr.X has his work info, his relationships, his friends, his political views, his travel history - all of it posted on Facebook.

Now, say you are an insurance company and Mr X wants to sign-up for a policy. Don't you think Facebook will (at a price of course) provide insights into Mr. X's life events? Based on the profile. the insurance company can charge Mr.X premium as per their criteria.

If this seems too paranoid, read this (this was before Facebook went public and listed on stock exchange):

How Facebook Sells Your Personal Information
http://www.seeker.com/how-facebook-sells-your-personal-information-1766411494.html

Facebook expects personal data sharing to double every decade and plans to target members' information more closely.

Now that Facebook has gone public and is struggling to get a steady valuation, the company is looking to find new ways to make its money and prove its worth to investors.

One option Facebook is exploring is enhancing ad sales by more effective targeting of increasingly specific demographic groups, using location data from mobile devices and information culled from the site.

The company will be targeting members' information more closely, and expects personal data-sharing to double every decade.

That forces Facebook members to consider just how much of their personal information to share, both now and in the future.

How might Facebook's already flexible privacy policy change as the company works harder to become a platform for engaging with brands? How will that affect the end user?

Marketing Treasure Trove

We have to start by taking a look at the data in question. How much of a danger to the consumer is the data that Facebook has? Exactly how much data does it really have?

Peter Pasi, executive vice president at Emotive LLC, an Arlington, Va.-based firm that focuses on digital outreach for political campaigns, says Facebook has quite a bit.

"Facebook is the largest opt-in community of individuals in the world, and boasts unparalleled reach," Pasi said. "In English, that means it's likely the largest database of people ever built, and contains more personal data than any other source."

We know that Facebook has a lot of information about us, both what we enter ourselves and the data that our friends choose to put up about us.

Remember the last time your friends tagged you at a location and posted photos? They were sharing your personal data with Facebook.

What Marketing Companies Look For, and How Much They Can Use

"Online marketers look at signals," Pasi said. "Did someone visit a snowboarding vacation site, or put a new snowboarding jacket in their online shopping cart and not buy it? Have they been searching for snowboarding equipment? These are the types of things that signal a marketer that a consumer is interested in, or intent on, making a purchase."

You can see how quickly information that seems innocuous when you post it on Facebook can make you a target for specific marketing goals.

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!
right now.............................................................................................................................
what better day than ravan dahan
Yup. It's so much more fulfilling to meet real people in person. I met so many people at the GD Bakshi meet, which would have been impossible had I only been talking to people on the internet. Btw, Defense Minister Parrikar is attending the conference tomorrow in Bandra. If any of you fellow ******s want to come, just come to the address directly,

@Sakal Gharelu Ustad @pmaitra @Yusuf @OneGrimPilgrim @aditya10r @Kshatriya87 tag anyone else from in and around Mumbai. Let's make our forum presence felt there.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
Yup. It's so much more fulfilling to meet real people in person. I met so many people at the GD Bakshi meet, which I would have never met had I only been talking to people on the internet. Btw, Defense Minister Parrikar is attending the conference tomorrow in Bandra. If any of you fellow ******s want to come, just come to the address directly,

@Sakal Gharelu Ustad @pmaitra @Yusuf @OneGrimPilgrim @aditya10r @Kshatriya87 tag anyone else from in and around Mumbai. Let's make our forum presence felt there.
I AM SO MUCH FUCKED UP
whenever whenever such amazing shit happens either i am too busy or too far away.................................

BC kya zindagi hai yeh

The Last Stand

Country flag
@Navnit,

You should have heard of "big data" by now. High paying jobs, very lucrative. Guess what they do?

Analysing everything you do and selling this info to companies so that they can make targetted ads.

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!
I AM SO MUCH FUCKED UP
whenever whenever such amazing shit happens either i am too busy or too far away.................................

BC kya zindagi hai yeh
This happened to me all my life, believe me, it happens to everyone, there is no solution to this. There is no philosophical catharsis here. You have only stumbled across the wisdom that Gautam Buddha realized centuries ago "all of life is pain and suffering".

I had made up my mind to meet at least 4 people, GD Bakshi, Parrikar, Modi and Doval. Hope Doval comes to Mumbai next. FINS has said that Sushil Pandit is coming to Dadar next month so anyone who wants to meet him, keep your schedules clear.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
This happened to me all my life, believe me, it happens to everyone, there is no solution to this. There is no philosophical catharsis here. You have only stumbled across the wisdom that Gautam Buddha realized centuries ago "all of life is pain and suffering".

I had made up my mind to meet at least 4 people, GD Bakshi, Parrikar, Modi and Doval. Hope Doval comes to Mumbai next. FINS has said that Sushil Pandit is coming to Dadar next month so anyone who wants to meet him, keep your schedules clear.
next month
when where
i can plan for sushil pandits visit...................................................................
had a chance to meet modi(not in person) in 2013 during breaks from exam
i would like to meet
1.parrikar
2.swaraj
3.piyush goyal
4.doval
5.prabhu

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!
@Navnit,

You should have heard of "big data" by now. High paying jobs, very lucrative. Guess what they do?

Analysing everything you do and selling this info to companies so that they can make targetted ads.
Yup, how could I have not heard about it. Everyone loves the Big D. I'm seeing so many contemporaries itching to do certification courses to get that Big D. I am a humble guy with humble pursuits. My stack is different (LAMP and MEAN). I am a front end guy. Big D is for back end nerds. It involves core computer science/math to the hilt. Good for those who 'get it', not so good for hopeful strugglers as opportunities to work on live projects are few, compared to available experts. It's like cricket. Everyone knows Tendulkar mints millions, but for every Sachin we see, there are millions of hopefuls who are stuck playing gully cricket, hoping to become millionaires one day. Big D is risky in that sense. If you take the plunge and don't find the right opening then you miss out the other mediocre opportunities as well. Everyone keeps throwing around fancy terms like Big D, Artificial Intel, Machine Learning, VR, but how many actually get that break to work on path breaking projects and how many get stuck as code monkeys in a dingy cubicle in Bangalore?

next month
when where
i can plan for sushil pandits visit...................................................................
had a chance to meet modi(not in person) in 2013 during breaks from exam
i would like to meet
1.parrikar
2.swaraj
3.piyush goyal
4.doval
5.prabhu
Nitin Gokhale organizes these events, just keep an eye on his Twitter timeline.

Last edited:

Articles