India Launched Surgical Strikes Across LoC: DGMO 29/09/2016

sorcerer

Country flag
और आगे बड़ते हुए
केजरीवाल:- जी सर्जिकल स्ट्राइक की जगह के भी आम आदमी को दॄशन करवाए जाएं तां की पूरी दुनीया की तसली हो ।
The " surgical strike " done by Kejriwal's woman "empowerment " minister got leaked in the media!!!
poor sod wants Video Proof!!

Country flag
Its high time to kidnap a Paki troop to trade him with Chandu Chauhan or they will kill him and dump his body.

Or if this is not possible then convey to Pakis through back channel that Asiaya Andrabi would be Gang Rape and the video is relese on internet.
It would be far easier to capture a Paki coast guard ship- with everyone on board-

And I think we should have our own Abu Gharib type prison for the likes of Asiaya-

abingdonboy

Country flag
Yes, they were in the same flight as the late corporal, comms confirmed already on day 1 that those pigs were the handlers, Garud involvement was greenlighted right away, they flew into Kashmir for some quick acclimatization for about 7 days, they took part in briefings & mock drills with the Paras and then set out for the kill. Their involvement is being kept secret for reasons I do not fully understand yet, I'll inform them once I know. There are a lot of ops in play in the near and medium term.
Very interesting, the first offensive op in the Garuds' history (afaik), good to see their mettle being tested and this relitively new and under rated force earning their stripes. These men are warriors, the only way they will prove themselves is in battle.

Further proof that a joint SOCOM is desperately needed by India.

Country flag
Written by Paki Ayesha Siddiqa

http://thewire.in/70652/india-pakistan-rearranging-thresholds/

Contrary to the impression created by India’s DGMO, the operation across the border was limited in scale and less gargantuan than claimed.

Reportedly, Indian troops crossed over not more than 200 meters inside the Pakistani side of the Line of Control to attack an LeT camp located some 100 metres away from an army check post at Dudhnial. The fact that it was a limited scale operation made it possible for Pakistan to couch this as nothing more than firing and a border violation. While it attained some goals in the form of killing 5-6 militants, the use of the term ‘surgical strike’ was misleading. Perhaps, a better term was a ‘targeted’ operation in which the risk of further escalation was avoided by not killing military personnel at the nearby check post. Reports indicate that only 3-4 army personnel were injured due to the use of grenades against the post. Furthermore, the Indian troops did not come three or four miles inside the LoC as some defence sources in India have suggested. The short distance is the reason why Pakistan could claim that what happened was nothing more than an unprovoked incursion of the sort that takes place all the time.

Indeed, this is how the attack was presented to a team of journalists taken to the border areas by the Pakistani army’s Inter-Services Public Relations agency. Although the media were not taken to a couple of other places such as beyond Kotli at Tatta Pani and one other place, the fact is that even if journalists were taken to the exact location, they might not have been too impressed by the destruction caused given the limited nature of the target.

Siddhart Vardarajan the wire editor has lost his shit since 29th- All his PR before to make Kashmir autonomous has gone in drain- So he is trying to downplay this incident- also his Political masters are facing the heat too-

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Siddhart Vardarajan the wire editor has lost his shit since 29th- All his PR before to make Kashmir autonomous has gone in drain- So he is trying to downplay this incident- also his Political masters are facing the heat too-
According to the paki writer SF crossed 200 mts beyond LOC

abingdonboy

Country flag
I was trying to say that- Garud involvement means- IAF was also involved and for the first time we see deep co-ordination between inter-services on Strategic level- Also I have the news that Sukhois are creating sleepless Nights in the Valley-
According to the IAF the work for the SOCOM is done from the military's perspective, all that is needed is clearance from the MoD. Why such permission has not been granted thus far is truly inexplicable and criminal really.

Furthermore, post-26/11 the level of inter SF engament/training/deployment has increased massively and all three (and NSG) have plenty of "fun" with each other. What is needed is to institutionalise their working, right now if is very ad hoc.

Give the green light to the SOCOM and I am sure Indian SF will be as well equipped as any NATO SOF unit within 4-5 years.

Righteous Warrior

Country flag
Hello everyone. This is my first post on this forum so if there is any mistake from my end, please excuse.
I want to explore if there could be any retaliation from Pak. If they don't then the credibility of their only Institution ie Army goes for a tailspin. Again if they don't what is the probability that India will hit their Terror Camps deep inside POK using missile strike this time.
Asking since it seems one of the objectives of these strikes also is to bring the credibility of the Army down several notches in Pak so that the equation between the Civil and Military in Pak is decidedly turned in favour of Civil.

Country flag
Give the green light to the SOCOM and I am sure Indian SF will be as well equipped as any NATO SOF unit within 4-5 years.
More than equipment It will give them a strategic orientation- Then the operations will be planned and decided in the SOCOM and not NC or EC- It will be decisive and with clear strategy-

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
I want to explore if there could be any retaliation from Pak. If they don't then the credibility of their only Institution ie Army goes for a tailspin.
There will be retaliation, before snow sets in. Paki Army credibility is not going to wane with one attack, they have enough hold over their media and politicians for that. It will take more than one strike for people to question their credibility. Try to have a look at paki media debates, to get a sense of how strong their hold is over paki media..
Again if they don't what is the probability that India will hit their Terror Camps deep inside POK using missile strike this time.
Highly unlikely missiles are going to be used to hit tango camps. Point is not to escalate and yet achieve the objective of pre-emptive strikes.
Asking since it seems one of the objectives of these strikes also is to bring the credibility of the Army down several notches in Pak so that the equation between the Civil and Military in Pak is decidedly turned in favour of Civil.
One of the objectives is to make them look over their shoulder. Pak will never go completely into civilian control, paki generals have too much to loose to let it happen. Other option is to have a arab spring kind of situation, average pakis are not smart enough for that...

armyofhind

Country flag
Very interesting, the first offensive op in the Garuds' history (afaik), good to see their mettle being tested and this relitively new and under rated force earning their stripes. These men are warriors, the only way they will prove themselves is in battle.

Got good news for you brother.
I had asked a question through a friend of mine who's uncle is in the MOD at secretary level about the status of our SOCOM.
She didn't understand what was SOCOM only so I had to take a while to explain it to her. :p

It was told that it is under process.. a tri services command has a lot of issues and those were being ironed out one by one.
Certain structures are already operational in an unofficial capacity.

Immanuel

Country flag

First offensive op outside India sure that I know of, I'll check to see if they have been involved anywhere else. Within the country, they have been involved in many hot extractions, CASEVAC, Medevac deep in maoist hot beds. They fought bravely in Pathankot, the single Garud who laid down his life is actually the main hero of the whole episode, his crafty Tavor work prevented the pigs from getting anywhere near the fighter assets.

Immanuel

Country flag

abingdonboy

Country flag
Got good news for you brother.
I had asked a question through a friend of mine who's uncle is in the MOD at secretary level about the status of our SOCOM.
She didn't understand what was SOCOM only so I had to take a while to explain it to her. :p

It was told that it is under process.. a tri services command has a lot of issues and those were being ironed out one by one.
Certain structures are already operational in an unofficial capacity.
I'll beleive it when I see it bro, the SOCOM has been proposed for as long as I can remember and it is still to see the light of day, as are the other new proposed tri-service commands (Space and Cyber). The same chalta hai regressive mindset exists within the MoD sadly.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Socom though the need of the hour will take a bit longer. All 3 services are more in favor of raising more specialized forces. Now whether Para-SF, Garuds, Marcos, SFF and SG will come under socom or will new units be raised is to be seen.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...tles-in-space-on-web/articleshow/49399708.cms

Most likely a central pool of badasses will be part of the SOD.
I think it is the case that what is more likely to happen intially is that a joint SOF unit will be formed like JSOC formed of the MARCOs, PARA (SF), Garuds and their respective support elements whilst the respecte services will retain ownership of their respective SF units. The operators going to the Indian JSOC will go on "deputation" but will return to their parent unit in the long run.

It is a pretty flawed procedure but it is likely to be the only way around the service in-fighting and backwards babudom and would atleast be a step in the right direction. A unified SOCOM will likely remain at least 10-15 years away.

At least with an Indian JSOC the GoI can assign them a job and let them get to it instead of the current ad hoc approach where the respective area commander will micro manage SF ops.

+ as for SG, they will never come under the SOCOM/JSOC, they are a very seperate unit that works directly for R&AW. They are India's black unit and will remain so.

Articles