India-China Relations

ladder

Country flag
Have you ever observed the US President visiting a Country and the entourage of plane full of security personnel accompanying or preceding the President. The Chinese arrangements would have been very simple, humble but effective. That is the difference.

Secondly, Army does not provide VIP security in India - it is below their dignity ( Just joking - it is not their job). VIP security is provided by policemen is plain clothes.

The security to be provided has to be effective rather than being seen.

The tall Chinese man in uniform must be military staff of Chinese embassy and these staff are meant to be seen in uniform around the dignitary.

The military in India is used only to present guard of honour at Presidents Palace in New Delhi. One of the Services representative may also be present only to receive the visiting dignitary at the airport. That is all.

Indian Army belongs to India but China belongs to PLA. That is the difference.

I hope that is appreciated.
The tall Chinese man in uniform must be military staff of Chinese embassy and these staff are meant to be seen in uniform around the dignitary.
I think the guy in Uniform was ADC of the President of China, rather than from local embassy.

amoy

Re: Indo-China Border Dispute

Anyway, you are free to invest if you want to, or not to, comes down to how much you want to be in the one of the biggest markets in the world. Or perhaps you can keep the cash lying idle and do nothing, or better, go ahead and invest in more awesome places like Pakistan.
thank u for yr elaboration on Carrefour Vodafone and so on. let Japnese or Americans lead the way as usual since they have better know-how of Indians. there're already many Chinese back talking abt their experience in exploring the Indian market. naturally the money always pursues maximal RoI by taking manageable risks. BTW Chinese have already been investing in Pakistan and Sri Lanka. In a separate thread I posted a power station Chinese built (now into phase III) is printed on SL Rs.100 note.

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Free Karma

Re: Indo-China Border Dispute

thank u for yr elaboration on Carrefour Vodafone and so on. let Japnese or Americans lead the way as usual since they have better know-how of Indians. there're already many Chinese back talking abt their experience in exploring the Indian market. naturally the money always pursues maximal RoI by taking manageable risks. BTW Chinese have already been investing in Pakistan and Sri Lanka. In a separate thread I posted on a power station Chinese built (now into phase III) that is printed on SL Rs.100 note.

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2
I think Pak and SL are easier markets as in they are a lot more monolithic, and would give special permissions (almost unfair) for Chinese companies, sometimes even above the interest of their own people.
Unfair competition: Pakistan's top taxpayers fight to save business – The Express Tribune
Rules being bypassed to facilitate China investment

Indian market will be a bit more competitive in this regard.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
As far as our protocols go, we don't have a protocol of not accepting a protocol as long as their protocol does not conflict with our protocol.
ok and please also consider that that is the lazy man's or team's way out -.
the man or team who cant or wont think and labour over details
im referring to those who were in charge of protofcol for this visit

Have you ever observed the US President visiting a Country and the entourage of plane full of security personnel accompanying or preceding the President. The Chinese arrangements would have been very simple, humble but effective. That is the difference.

your point is well made - i appreciate that the ccp protocol is more simple that usa - but we are talking about the
overall efffect - what is seen .....in this context we are talking friend ship with them ...but your point
is a good one and i concede to it

Secondly, Army does not provide VIP security in India - it is below their dignity ( Just joking - it is not their job). VIP security is provided by policemen is plain clothes.
The security to be provided has to be effective rather than being seen.

that is well known or should be by anyone on this forum - and that is NOT the issue im raising

The military in India is used only to present guard of honour at Presidents Palace in New Delhi. One of the Services representative may also be present only to receive the visiting dignitary at the airport. That is all.
I hope that is appreciated.

ladder;94t is t7114 said:
I think the guy in Uniform was ADC of the President of China, rather than from local embassy.
i think you hve asnwered the matter - spot on
so all i was saying or trying to in my last post was that surely Narendra also should have had his Aide-de- Camp
with him .......and visually it would have balancd off ....as it is it looks unbalanced

that is all i was saying - it is not about whther there is security arrangements are "humble " or whtever
neither about hte fact that the actual work is done by plain clothes personnel

Just that for a visit of this significance - we have taken the lazy way out - again!
Lazy to think through all the details - and i think it contrasts diametrically with the way ccp-china
does things - down to the last detail
all im sayng is we seriously need some improvement in this area .

( ps - spelling check is missing these past few days ? - also avatars dont seem to be appearing ? )

Last edited:

nrupatunga

The 12 MoUs between India and China are:
1. MoU between the MEA India and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs China on opening a new route for Indian pilgrimage (Kailash Mansarovar Yatra) to the Tibet Autonomous Region of the People's Republic of China. The MoU provides for conducting the annual Kailash Manasarovar Yatra through Nathu La Pass in Sikkim in addition to the existing Lipulekh Pass in Uttarakhand. The route through Nathu La will augment the capacity and reduce the hardship and journey time enabling many more pilgrims in particular aged pilgrims to undertake the Yatra.

2. MoU between Ministry of Railways, India and the China on strengthening cooperation in Railways. Under the MoU, both sides have agreed to enhance cooperation in the Railway sector in following areas: (i)speed-raising, (ii)studying feasibility of cooperation in High-Speed Railways, (iii)Heavy-Haul transportation training of Indian Railway personnel, (iv)Redevelopment of Railway stations, (v)setting up of a Railway University in India, etc.

3. Action Plan between Ministry of Railways, India, and the National Railway Administration, China on strengthening cooperation in Railways. It provides specific projects for cooperation in railway sector.

4. Five year Trade and Economic Development Plan between Ministry of Commerce and Industry of the Government of the Republic of India and the Ministry of Commerce of the Government of the People's Republic of China. It lays down a medium term roadmap for promoting balanced and sustainable development of economic and trade relations between China and India, on the principle of equality and mutual benefit.

5. Agreed Minutes of the Tenth Session of India-China Joint Economic Group. Both sides held detailed discussions on issues to promote broad and deep bilateral trade and economic cooperation between India and China and agreed to undertake measures to achieve sustainable and balanced trade. Specific measures to enhance market access to Indian products such as agricultural, pharmaceutical and export of services will be expedited.

6. Agreement on Audio-Visual Co-production between The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, India and the State Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film and Television, China. Pool creative, artistic, technical, financial and marketing resources to co-produce films. It would help Indian audio-visual products to gain greater market access.

7. Agreement on mutual administrative assistance and co-operation in Customs matters. Will help in enhancing cooperation to fight trans-border economic crimes and custom offences through sharing of information. It would also facilitate trade through enhanced customs cooperation.

8. MoU between ISRO and China National Space Administration on Cooperation in the Peaceful use of Space. Cooperation in the exploration and use of outer space for peaceful purposes, including research and development of scientific experiment satellites, remote sensing satellites and communications satellites.

9. MoU between the Ministry of Cultures on strengthening the exchange and cooperation between cultural institutions.These cultural institutions include museums, archaeological organizations and performing art centers.

10. MoU between National Book Trust, India and the State Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film and Television of China. China will participate in the New Delhi World Book Fair 2016 as the Guest of Honour Country. The Agreement will help provide greater access to their nationals of publications of the other side.

11. Work Plan on Drug Administration and Cooperation Between China Food and Drug Administration of the People's Republic of China And Ministry of Health & Family Welfare of the Republic of India.The two sides will carry out cooperation in fields of drug standards, traditional medicine and drug testing, etc. Both sides will exchange delegations to enhance cooperation in this area.

12. Agreement on establishing Sister City relationship between Mumbai and Shanghai. It will enhance people-to-people exchanges fostering greater mutual understanding.

shiphone

Country flag
LOL....some indian friendS really need open their eyes and mind to the world and stop "imaging" this World outside of India in their own meditation...don't make yourself the laugh stock...

---------------------------
Military attach is arranged in State visit...in such highest level visit, the host nation would always arrange honor guard of the armed force for the gust of inspect . so Military attach accompany is some kind of diplomatic protocol for both host and guest nations... it was decided by the both sides and it should be equivalent...

before the official inspection of honor guard of the armed forces in Delhi...Ahmedabad arranged hundreds of Female Police to form the honor guard at the airport...that's why Indian won't arrange the so called counterparts here...

================
BTW in 2010 , the former Indian President's official visit to China... wow, you even have two!!!...Long Live the IA's India....LOL

Last edited:

ladder

Country flag
ok and please also consider that that is the lazy man's or team's way out -.
the man or team who cant or wont think and labour over details
im referring to those who were in charge of protofcol for this visit

i think you hve asnwered the matter - spot on
so all i was saying or trying to in my last post was that surely Narendra also should have had his Aide-de- Camp
with him .......and visually it would have balancd off ....as it is it looks unbalanced

that is all i was saying - it is not about whther there is security arrangements are "humble " or whtever
neither about hte fact that the actual work is done by plain clothes personnel

Just that for a visit of this significance - we have taken the lazy way out - again!
Lazy to think through all the details - and i think it contrasts diametrically with the way ccp-china
does things - down to the last detail
all im sayng is we seriously need some improvement in this area .

( ps - spelling check is missing these past few days ? - also avatars dont seem to be appearing ? )
Indian Prime Minister is not the Supreme commander of Indian Armed Forces. Indian President is and so He has ADC. And additionally the Governors of the state being the representative of President to a state do have ADC.

Source Economic Times.

You can see Pranab Mukherji's ADC in the back ground, the photo was taken during India's President's state visit to Vietnam couple of days ago.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Xi was trying to figure out what is those lions made of.
Probably true, what you have written - he is testing our LIONS at the border in demchok
and also in our HQ at the India ministry of defence

to find out what those LIONS at the border and at those that are SUPPOSEDLY lions,
at the defence border policy and doctrinal offices - what are they really made of

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
LOL....some indian friendS really need open their eyes and mind to the world and stop "imaging" this World outside of India in their own meditation...don't make yourself the laugh stock...

---------------------------
Military attach is arranged in State visit...in such highest level visit, the host nation would always arrange honor guard of the armed force for the gust of inspect . so Military attach accompany is some kind of diplomatic protocol for both host and guest nations... it was decided by the both sides and it should be equivalent...

before the official inspection of honor guard of the armed forces in Delhi...Ahmedabad arranged hundreds of Female Police to form the honor guard at the airport...that's why Indian won't arrange the so called counterparts here...

================

BTW in 2010 , the former Indian President's official visit to China... wow, you even have two!!!...Long Live the IA's India....LOL

Xi received a full military honour guard today in Delhi. What are you talking about?

shiphone

Country flag
Xi received a full military honour guard today in Delhi. What are you talking about?

you'd better read the earlier Posts first.
eg. #623 and some earlier post ...

and as I said ..

before the official inspection of honor guard of the armed forces in Delhi...Ahmedabad arranged hundreds of Female Police to form the honor guard at the airport...that's why Indian won't arrange the so called counterparts(uniformed Military attach ) here...
it is also an very special but very formal ,thoughtful arrangement, and great honor for China guests...and PM Modi also attended the Welcoming ceremony held by the President of India in Delhi...this is another rare arragement and the great honor for President Xi... Indian Leaders' sincerity and attached importance were well known and highly appreciated here...

Last edited:

ladder

Country flag
you'd better read the earlier Posts first.
eg. #623 and some earlier post ...
What is your point?

When President Xi arrived in Ahmadabad and by received by O P Kohli Governor of Gujarat who is representative of President of India and head of the sate and CM of Gujarat head of Provincial govt. of Gujarat. What counterpart are you talking about?

Guard of honor was by state police which is under disposal of sate govt.

When your President went to New Delhi, and was received by President of India and Military guard of honor was presented by military.

If your govt. is too nosy about protocols why did your accept the proposal as the itinerary is vetted by diplomatic corps of both countries, which probably they found adequate.

=====================

Indian President has 5 ADC (+2 Honorary), generally one or two will travel with abroad depending upon protocols involved.

Last edited:

shiphone

Country flag
What is your point?

When President Xi arrived in Ahmadabad and by received by O P Kohli Governor of Gujarat who is representative of President of India and head of the sate and CM of Gujarat head of Provincial govt. of Gujarat. What counterpart are you talking about?

Guard of honor was by state police which is under disposal of sate govt.

When your President went to New Delhi, and was received by President of India and Military guard of honor was presented by military.

If your govt. is too nosy about protocols why did your accept the proposal as the itinerary is vetted by diplomatic corps of both countries, which probably they found adequate.

=====================

Indian President has 5 ADC (+2 Honorary), generally one or two will travel with abroad depending upon protocols involved.
I was editing the earlier post and my point(post 633) is there...

nimo_cn

Country flag
i saw some of the video of Xi visiting the ashram in ahmedabad and i was disappointed with the way
it was organised.....there were all sorts of China security in view and even one in full uniform .

Whose country is it ? Shouldn't Indian security be handling the event ? Should China Army uniform be walking around in such high protocol events ? And Indian army uniform was nowhere to be seen ? now perhaps we may say that the indian security were in plain clohtes but at least there should have been one or two Indian in uniform to balance off the one tall chinese officer in China army uniform who appeared outstanding becuase of the LACK of presence of INdian counterparts in their army uniform

So much for GOI understanding of protocol sensitivities ! ........seriously, disappointing !

Indeed if this is the way such an important event is organised is representative of the way business deals are going to be cut with China , then i think it is the beginning of the end for India -. china is goanna eat us up, IF it carries on this way ..
Your sensitivity simply amazes me.

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L07 using Tapatalk 2

ladder

Country flag
I was editing the earlier post and my point(post 633) is there...

When British PM visited Maharashtra. Indian States being fairly autonomous, do generally give separate guard of honor to visiting dignitaries.

Photo source- The Hindu

Last edited:

nimo_cn

Country flag
China may commit $6.5 billion for industrial parks in India

So it looks like india would still mainly be selling raw materials to china.:tsk: What about pharma where india is competitive globally??
Personally, I would like to see that happen.

But CCP officials who have the authority to sanction the imports of foreign medicines are basically bought off by western pharmacy giants, they wont agree to import Indian medicines which are said to be copies of western products.

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L07 using Tapatalk 2

prohumanity

Country flag
This thread mostly seem to have shallow, meaningless comments. The bottomline is that if you watch videos and pictures of Chinese and Indian leaders ...you can not fail to notice the amazing harmony, informality, friendly energy and good vibes emanating from both sides. The feelings are most powerful for bonding and when 2.5 billion Chinese and Indian will be haunted by this positive energy...all minor border issues etc. will be gone soon. Just like in India, there are groups and media who are funded by outside interests to distort, lie and mislead people in China too, some west financed media and people who want to create a distorted picture of China-India emerging relationship . If you know face reading and body language the way I know, watch again and you will clearly see a very powerful ,positive chemistry between the two leaders. First lady, Peng Liu won the hearts of millions of Indian children and adults by her grace, loving expressions and wise words. She seems to be a very evolved soul. People to people bonding is extremely powerful. Once a bond is formed, hatred and enmity disappears.

Last edited:
Reactions: CCP

nrupatunga

The curious case of $100 billion from China that never came
While India revelled at the fact that the Chinese promised to invest $20 billion in five years, everyone was left wondering what happened to the missing $80 billion.

Apparently, ahead of the visit, Chinese embassy officials briefed Indian scholars that investment promised would be $100 billion.

How this figure came down to $20 billion is a mystery, these scholars confessed.

According to official sources, China promised to invest $20 billion in a span of five years.

Besides, it signed several memoranda of understanding worth billions of dollars.

Additionally, how much China will be investing in the industrial parks that are going to come up in Gujarat and Maharashtra on 1,250 acres each, is also unclear.

Putting together all these, the amount is coming to $50-$60 billion, sources said.

"The $100 billion investment figure was never committed by China officially. "Somebody made the story somewhere and everyone followed," said a Chinese embassy official on condition of anonymity.

The $20 billion that was committed was not announced in a big bang way but through a memorandum of understanding -- Five Year Trade and Economic Development Plan between the ministry of commerce and industry of India and China's ministry of commerce.

Interestingly, although the three-day visit by Chinese President Xi Jinping was touted as a business trip, a joint business forum under Confederation of Indian Industry, Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry and Assocham was not organised.

Not a single event of Xi's interaction with the Indian industry took place this time.

Free Karma

This thread mostly seem to have shallow, meaningless comments. The bottomline is that if you watch videos and pictures of Chinese and Indian leaders ...you can not fail to notice the amazing harmony, informality, friendly energy and good vibes emanating from both sides. The feelings are most powerful for bonding and when 2.5 billion Chinese and Indian will be haunted by this positive energy...all minor border issues etc. will be gone soon. Just like in India, there are groups and media who are funded by outside interests to distort, lie and mislead people in China too, some west financed media and people who want to create a distorted picture of China-India emerging relationship . If you know face reading and body language the way I know, watch again and you will clearly see a very powerful ,positive chemistry between the two leaders. First lady, Peng Liu won the hearts of millions of Indian children and adults by her grace, loving expressions and wise words. She seems to be a very evolved soul. People to people bonding is extremely powerful. Once a bond is formed, hatred and enmity disappears.
Are you Chinese? First lady Peng asks students from Northeast : India, News - India Today

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
This is the outcome of Xi Xi's visit to India

AJOR AGREEMENTS
ndia and China agree to resolve border dispute and define the Line of Actual Control soon
Both sides agree to look at greater cooperation on the issue of shared rivers
Take positive steps towards rebalancing bilateral trade and addressing the existing structural imbalance in trade
China to set up two industrial parks for 1,250 acres each in Gujarat and Maharashtra
China to invest $20 billion in various industrial and infrastructure development projects
Increase speed on the existing railway line from Chennai to Mysore via Bangalore
Chinese side will provide training in heavy haul for 100 Indian Railway officials
Cooperation in High Speed Rail project
Annual visits at the level of Heads of State/Government
City in each country would be identified for a smart city demonstration project
BCIM (Bangladesh, China, India, Myanmar) Economic Corridor to be expedited
Chinese side decided to open a new route for the Mansarovar Yatra through Nathu La Pass
China will be the partner country at the Delhi International Book Fair 2016.

ACTION 'PACT' DAY
Documents signed between India & China on Thursday
MoU on new route for Mansarovar pilgrimage
MoU to strengthen cooperation in railways
Action plan for cooperation in railway projects
Trade and economic development plan (includes $20-billion Chinese investment over five years)
Agreement on minutes of the 10th session of India-China joint economic group, for specific measures to enhance market access to Indian agricultural and pharma products, besides services
Agreement for audio-visual co-production
Agreement for cooperation in Customs
Agreement for peaceful use of space
Agreement for cooperation between cultural institutions
MoU for book fairs, etc
Work plan for cooperation in pharma standards, traditional medicine and drug testing
Agreement for sister city relationship between Mumbai and Shanghai
China dashes $100-bn hope, to invest $20 bn over 5 years | Business Standard News

Global Defence

New threads

Articles