India-China Relations

AVERAGE INDIAN

EXORCIST
Country flag
This is how you show respect to a visiting lady? You are absolutely not an Indian...if you are you are a shame on a culture which believes in respect for women and even, worship Goddesses. You do not represent India where it is said a guest is a form of God.
i don't have any respect to the Chinese lady because of her intentions yell all you want and i do respect every women stop judging and stop bothering you can lick Chinese ass if you want and shame onyou because you are asslicking nature in disguise is degrading our nationality who likes to lick chineese ass and it as nothing to do with me being Indian as a proud indian i dont lick ass i stand for my country if i comment on one idiotic lady and her country who were dis respectful to India as a whole check the post i was only replying to post 647 check that post before you reply to this one and its not mine . i dont under stand what it has to do with my nationality if i am commenting on a fool with no geographical knowledge i doubt you are not a indian or like i said you are one of those Chinese ass lickers

Last edited:

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
following article i believe is worthy of your reading :-
Warmth and achievements aside, India and China remain cautious - Hindustan Times

in particular i highlight :-
Incursions cast a shadow over the visit of President Xi Jinping's visit to India,
but the joint statement issued on Friday reiterated their commitment to seek a "fair,
reasonable and mutually acceptable solution". The two sides also said that 'an early
settlement of the boundary question' ought to be 'pursued as a strategic objective'.

Policymakers are grappling with the implications of the Xi's visit. While some are underwhelmed,
others point to the achievements. But all agree that border troubles
dampened the mood.

and also :-
S D Muni, professor emeritus at the Jawaharlal Nehru University, tweeted, "Modi's Sabarmati charm
and dhokla diplomacy do not seem to have really worked on Xi. No indications of a
new beginning."

He pointed to a 'delayed border settlement', the USD 20 billion dollar investment commitment rather
than USD 100 billion, and China's 'eyes on SAARC' and called visit 'below expectations'.

only positive aspect is that i read somewhere i think on times of india that modi raised the border incursion
4 times with mr eleven jumping ! - whoever the hell that is !!

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-29274792

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...leven-Jinping-sacked/articleshow/42891218.cms

Last edited:

Zebra

Country flag
It is Chinese policy........go two steps backward and after it go four steps forward.

Wait, it won't be too far.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Madam Roma, let me correct one mistake first..you say "We gave 20% of our land to Muslims." WE GAVE ? No, We did not give...British did divide India...They were aiming to continue divide and conquer game as the two nations could be pit against each other and they could continue their control.
You did not pay attention to what I said about the border incursions. I said just like part of Indian media (bought by western interests) continue to distort, misrepresent and create hate between India and China...there are bad elements in Chinese military who create incursions to bother their leader
who clearly and openly declared that border issue is being sorted out and will not become an issue in deepening of India-China relationship.
West's hegemony is in danger...they have messed up middle east so 1.2 billion Muslims hate them....their is fear that if India and China really become friends...who are they going to sell their weapons....instigate hatred and rivalry can serve their only goal in life "maximize profit at any price even if the whole human race is destroyed.....such a mean mindset is getting west in a big trouble....but the greed and narcissism continues.
This is the same old game...pit (use)Pakistan against India, pit Taiwan against China, pit South Korea against North Korea, pit Iraq against Iran (in 1980s), pit Ukraine against Russia and so on. Now, the same people are dreaming to pit India against China. It will not succeed but if they do succeed in making India and China into a major war....this will drag the entire west down with it ....And the hegemony ends. Tell them it's time to move away from hegemony and move towards humanity.
i liked the post because of the length and trouble you took and the
gentlemanliness of your post - plus it contributes to the forum

hope you understand that i do not necessarily agree with the points
especially the first one where you dispute my statement that india gave 20% land to
those particular Muslims who wanted out. I still say we gave because unlike kashmir
and hyderabad, we did not invade sindh nor pak occupied punjab.
as for the other points too many to reply so i replied the main point above
but honestly and not being sarcastic, thanks for your post - im of the spirit that we agree to
disagree in an agreeable way - and that makes this forum a great one.

Roma:
India needs to invest in cultural and economic ties with China.
Yes the Chinese represent a different society and culture compared to ours, but they are our neighbor and their lives have become entwined with us.
I have worked with overseas Chinese as well as mainland Chinese. I remember the observation of a Singaporean Chinese lady - "Indians are very much like us". I think this is a fact. A large number of Chinese are Buddhists, a religion imported from India. Even the Chinese who are not Buddhists generally have a favorable opinion of India.
The communist China has evolved in a certain manner. They have been confrontational with India, but India has also been confrontational with China. This is a complex relationship. We must not rush to over-simplify it.
As some people in Pakistan are very anti-India, the same may be true in China also. However diplomacy demands that we mold opinion in China to become favorable to India. We cannot ignore China. We are also not in a position to force China to do our bidding.
The border needs to be demarcated. This will happen only when the trust level between two countries goes higher.
I would rather say that Hindus have far more in common with the Chinese compared to the Muslims. The religion Islam is almost opposite to local Vedic religion of India. The Hinduism practiced today is largely built on Vedic foundation.

A large number of people in China are atheist today, but there is a resurgence of religion and interest in religion is growing. The Buddhists are a common cultural link between India and China which must be nurtured and built upon.
i liked your post 947607 for the reasons given above
i do not agree with your point about your chinese lady friend - all i can
say is Brother, she has taken you for a ride and i hope you enjoyed it
( sorry - couldnt resist it )

as for your other post 947608 - to be polite i will merely say "ditto "
best regards to both of you,
i am honestly grateful for your politeness and kindness in addressing me
and im glad youre are both on this forum - i appreciate your differing views and enjoy
debating with you .

Last edited:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
they look like Chinese and were greeting Peng in Chinese language, what is so wrong in mistaking them with Chinese?

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L07 using Tapatalk 2
The delusion of Great Outer China is but natural for the first lady .....

Second thing she should have asked " Are you a disciple of Budha or Dalai Lama ?" ...

Reactions: Ray

parijataka

Country flag
Xi refuses 'stapled visa' roll back, Modi says no to 'One-China'
New Delhi, Sep 19, 2014, DHNS

Prime Minister Narendra Modi turned down Chinese President Xi Jinping's request to re-assert New Delhi's commitment to "One-China policy" and shut down the Tibetan Government-in-Exile based in India.

Modi dug his heels in after Xi declined to make any commitment on India's request to change Beijing's policy of issuing "stapled visas" to citizens of Arunachal Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir.

The bonhomie between the two leaders on the Sabarmati riverfront in Ahmedabad two days back had fuelled speculation about an imminent thaw in bilateral ties during the Modi-Xi meeting in New Delhi on Thursday. But the face-off between border troops of the two countries along the Line of Actual Control overshadowed the talks and they could not make any significant headway in narrowing differences on other contentious issues.

The joint statement issued at the end of the Chinese President's visit on Friday took note of India's concern over growing imbalance in its trade with China. Xi assured Modi of taking "positive steps" to rebalance bilateral trade and address existing structural imbalances in commercial relations between the two countries.

Apart from setting up two industrial parks in Maharashtra and Gujarat, China also committed to invest $ 20 billion in India over the next five years. The pledged amount is much lower than what a diplomat of the communist country had told journalists in Mumbai ahead of Xi's visit.

Chinese Consul General in Mumbai, Liu Youfa, was quoted by media that Xi's visit would see China committing about $ 100 billion investment in India over the next five years. The diplomat had purportedly made the remark after Japan had committed to invest $ 35 billion in India during Modi's recent visit to Tokyo and his meeting with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe.

Sources told Deccan Herald that the Chinese President had requested Modi to reiterate a reference to One-China policy in the joint statement to be issued at the end of his visit.

But Modi, according to the sources, told Xi that his Government would not agree to return of the phrase in any bilateral diplomatic text as long as Beijing does not stop questioning India's sovereignty over Arunachal Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir.

India, earlier, routinely recognised Tibet Autonomous Region as an integral part of China in all the joint declarations and bilateral documents. It also remained committed to "One-China policy", thus consistently denying recognition to the existence of Republic of China or Taiwan. New Delhi, however, has been keeping both the references out of all bilateral diplomatic texts since 2010, in response to China's policy of issuing "stapled visas".

Modi also turned down Xi's request to restrict the activities of the Dalai Lama, whose advice to China to learn from India's democracy was aired by TV channels.

Zebra

Country flag
Madam Roma, let me correct one mistake first..you say "We gave 20% of our land to Muslims." WE GAVE ? No, We did not give...British did divide India...They were aiming to continue divide and conquer game as the two nations could be pit against each other and they could continue their control.
You did not pay attention to what I said about the border incursions. I said just like part of Indian media (bought by western interests) continue to distort, misrepresent and create hate between India and China...there are bad elements in Chinese military who create incursions to bother their leader
who clearly and openly declared that border issue is being sorted out and will not become an issue in deepening of India-China relationship.
West's hegemony is in danger...they have messed up middle east so 1.2 billion Muslims hate them....their is fear that if India and China really become friends...who are they going to sell their weapons....instigate hatred and rivalry can serve their only goal in life "maximize profit at any price even if the whole human race is destroyed.....such a mean mindset is getting west in a big trouble....but the greed and narcissism continues.
This is the same old game...pit (use)Pakistan against India, pit Taiwan against China, pit South Korea against North Korea, pit Iraq against Iran (in 1980s), pit Ukraine against Russia and so on. Now, the same people are dreaming to pit India against China. It will not succeed but if they do succeed in making India and China into a major war....this will drag the entire west down with it ....And the hegemony ends. Tell them it's time to move away from hegemony and move towards humanity.

If US really wanted China to get involved in war with some one then in-between 1991 and 1995 was the best time.
China and India, both has nukes. If China and India announce 'major war' then the same US will be there, as the first country to force both of them to stop it.

US wants India to become its ally. Nothing new, US keep asking it to India since 1950s.
This is nothing to do with India-China war, but a kind of exercise to get more countries on their side. And get strategic advantage over their rivals.

The US always kept its interest first. They were always like it, nothing new here too.
Being an Indian we should also keep Indian interest first while become an US ally. As simple as that.

No one is friend here.

Free Karma

Xi refuses 'stapled visa' roll back, Modi says no to 'One-China'
New Delhi, Sep 19, 2014, DHNS

Prime Minister Narendra Modi turned down Chinese President Xi Jinping's request to re-assert New Delhi's commitment to "One-China policy" and shut down the Tibetan Government-in-Exile based in India.

Modi dug his heels in after Xi declined to make any commitment on India's request to change Beijing's policy of issuing "stapled visas" to citizens of Arunachal Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir.

The bonhomie between the two leaders on the Sabarmati riverfront in Ahmedabad two days back had fuelled speculation about an imminent thaw in bilateral ties during the Modi-Xi meeting in New Delhi on Thursday. But the face-off between border troops of the two countries along the Line of Actual Control overshadowed the talks and they could not make any significant headway in narrowing differences on other contentious issues.

The joint statement issued at the end of the Chinese President's visit on Friday took note of India's concern over growing imbalance in its trade with China. Xi assured Modi of taking "positive steps" to rebalance bilateral trade and address existing structural imbalances in commercial relations between the two countries.

Apart from setting up two industrial parks in Maharashtra and Gujarat, China also committed to invest $ 20 billion in India over the next five years. The pledged amount is much lower than what a diplomat of the communist country had told journalists in Mumbai ahead of Xi's visit.

Chinese Consul General in Mumbai, Liu Youfa, was quoted by media that Xi's visit would see China committing about $ 100 billion investment in India over the next five years. The diplomat had purportedly made the remark after Japan had committed to invest $ 35 billion in India during Modi's recent visit to Tokyo and his meeting with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe.

Sources told Deccan Herald that the Chinese President had requested Modi to reiterate a reference to One-China policy in the joint statement to be issued at the end of his visit.

But Modi, according to the sources, told Xi that his Government would not agree to return of the phrase in any bilateral diplomatic text as long as Beijing does not stop questioning India's sovereignty over Arunachal Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir.

India, earlier, routinely recognised Tibet Autonomous Region as an integral part of China in all the joint declarations and bilateral documents. It also remained committed to "One-China policy", thus consistently denying recognition to the existence of Republic of China or Taiwan. New Delhi, however, has been keeping both the references out of all bilateral diplomatic texts since 2010, in response to China's policy of issuing "stapled visas".

Modi also turned down Xi's request to restrict the activities of the Dalai Lama, whose advice to China to learn from India's democracy was aired by TV channels.
Question..One China, as in? Taiwan and China, or is it Tibet and China? Anyways we should start talking to Taiwan, instead of the cold transactional relationship. They dont respect our sentiments so no reason to respect theirs.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
No, that is a serious mistake, we only have exclusive right to call them 'ch*ink*is' :rofl: ( no offense meant to any one)

On a serious point,
She is not expected to know Indian demography, and probably was a mistake. But, these things potentially can be taken otherwise.

And they don't look Chinese, but have Mongoloid features.
That is true one can make a mistake.

Take the case of Nanking.

Some indeed think that the Chinese are actually Japanese left being in Nanking.

CCP

And they don't look Chinese, but have Mongoloid features.
Well, they must look like Chinese, since their DNA is the same as Chinese.

Haplogroup O-M122 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Distribution[edit]
Although Haplogroup O-M122 appears to be primarily associated with Chinese people, it also forms a significant component of the Y-chromosome diversity of most modern populations of the East Asian region.

Haplogroup O-M122's brother clade, Haplogroup O-MSY2.2, displays a similar geographical distribution, being found among nearly all the populations of East and Southeast Asia, but generally at a frequency much lower than that of Haplogroup O-M122. Another brother clade, Haplogroup O-P31, has an impressive extent of dispersal, as it is found among the males of populations as widely separated as the Kolarians of India and the Japanese of Japan; however, Haplogroup O-P31's distribution is much more patchy, and the Haplogroup O-P31 Y-chromosomes found among the Mundas and the Japanese belong to distinct subclades.

East Asia[edit]
Haplogroup O-M122 is found in over 50% of all modern Han Chinese males (with frequency ranging from 30/101=29.7% among Pinghua-speaking Hans in Guangxi (Gan et al. 2008) to 110/148=74.3% among Hans in Changting, Fujian (Wen et al. 2004c)), about 40% of Manchu, Korean, and Vietnamese males, about 33.3% (Hammer et al. 2005) to 62% (Jin et al. 2009 and (Hurles et al. 2005)) of Filipino males, about 10.5% (Su et al. 2000) to 55.6% (Su et al. 2000) of Malaysian males, about 10% (4/39 Guide County, Qinghai) (Zhou et al. 2008) to 45% (22/49 Zhongdian County, Yunnan) (Wen et al. 2004) of Tibetan males, about 20% (10/50 Shuangbai, northern Yunnan) (Wen et al. 2004) to 44% (8/18 Xishuangbanna, southern Yunnan) (Wen et al. 2004) and (Karafet et al. 2001) of Yi males, about 25% of Zhuang (Jing et al. 2006) and Indonesian (HuiLi et al. 2008) males, and about 16% (Katoh et al. 2004) and (Nonaka et al. 2007) to 20% (Hammer et al. 2005) of Japanese males. The distribution of Haplogroup O-M122 stretches far into Asia (approx. 40% of Dungans (Wells et al. 2001), 30% of Salars (WeiWang et al. 2003), 28% of Bonan (WeiWang 2003), 24% of Dongxiang (WeiWang et al. 2003), 18% to 22.8% of Mongolians (Hammer et al. 2005), 12% of Uyghurs (Wells et al. 2001), 9% of Kazakhs (Wells et al. 2001), 6.2% of Altaians (Kharkov et al. 2007), and 4.1% of Uzbeks (Wells et al. 2001).

Southeast Asia[edit]
Haplogroup O-M122 is also found very frequently among populations of Northeast India (Garo 42/71=59.2%, (Reddy 2007) Khasi 112/353=31.7% (Reddy 2007)) and Nepal (Tamang 39/45=86.7%, Newar 14/66=21.2%, general population of Kathmandu 16/77=20.8%). (Gayden 2007) Among all the populations of East and Southeast Asia, Haplogroup O-M122 is most closely associated with those that speak a Sinitic, Tibeto-Burman, or Hmong–Mien language. Haplogroup O-M122 comprises about 50% or more of the total Y-chromosome variation among the populations of each of these language families. The Sinitic and Tibeto-Burman language families are generally believed to be derived from a common Sino-Tibetan protolanguage, and most linguists place the homeland of the Sino-Tibetan language family somewhere in northern China. The Hmong–Mien languages and cultures, for various archaeological and ethnohistorical reasons, are also generally believed to have derived from a source somewhere north of their current distribution, perhaps in northern or central China. The Tibetans, however, despite the fact that they speak a language of the Tibeto-Burman language family, have high percentages of the otherwise rare haplogroups D-M15 and D3, which are also found at much lower frequencies among the members of some other ethnic groups in East Asia and Central Asia.

Haplogroup O-M122 has been implicated as a diagnostic genetic marker of the Austronesian expansion when it is found in populations of insular Southeast Asia and Oceania. It appears at moderately high frequencies in the Philippines, Malaysia, and Indonesia. Its distribution in Oceania is mostly limited to the traditionally Austronesian culture zones, chiefly Polynesia (approx. 25% (Hammer 2005) to 32.5% (Su 2000)). O-M122 is found at generally lower frequencies in coastal and island Melanesia, Micronesia, and Taiwanese aboriginal tribes (18% (Hammer 2005) to 27.4% (Su 2000) of Micronesians, and 5% of Melanesians (Karafet 2005), albeit with reduced frequencies of most subclades.

It should be noted that Haplogroup O-M122* Y-chromosomes, which are not defined by any identified downstream markers, are actually more common among certain non-Han Chinese populations than among Han Chinese ones, and the presence of these O-M122* Y-chromosomes among various populations of Central Asia, East Asia, and Oceania is more likely to reflect a very ancient shared ancestry of these populations rather than the result of any historical events. It remains to be seen whether Haplogroup O-M122* Y-chromosomes can be parsed into distinct subclades that display significant geographical or ethnic correlations.

ps. Check the table at the link.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The DNA of Han people itself is multiple.

So, what is Chinese DNA?

Here is an example

Analysis of mitochondrial DNA polymorphisms in Guangdong Han Chinese
http://202.116.197.15/cadalcanton/Fulltext/21135_2014319_102454_28.pdf

Phylogeographic Differentiation of Mitochondrial DNA in Han Chinese

To characterize the mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) variation in Han Chinese from several provinces of China, we have sequenced the two hypervariable segments of the control region and the segment spanning nucleotide positions 10171–10659 of the coding region, and we have identified a number of specific coding-region mutations by direct sequencing or restriction-fragment–length–polymorphism tests. This allows us to define new haplogroups (clades of the mtDNA phylogeny) and to dissect the Han mtDNA pool on a phylogenetic basis, which is a prerequisite for any fine-grained phylogeographic analysis, the interpretation of ancient mtDNA, or future complete mtDNA sequencing efforts. Some of the haplogroups under study differ considerably in frequencies across different provinces. The southernmost provinces show more pronounced contrasts in their regional Han mtDNA pools than the central and northern provinces. These and other features of the geographical distribution of the mtDNA haplogroups observed in the Han Chinese make an initial Paleolithic colonization from south to north plausible but would suggest subsequent migration events in China that mainly proceeded from north to south and east to west. Lumping together all regional Han mtDNA pools into one fictive general mtDNA pool or choosing one or two regional Han populations to represent all Han Chinese is inappropriate for prehistoric considerations as well as for forensic purposes or medical disease studies.

Phylogeographic Differentiation of Mitochondrial DNA in Han Chinese

'

CCP

The DNA of Han people itself is multiple.

So, what is Chinese DNA?

Here is an example

http://202.116.197.15/cadalcanton/Fulltext/21135_2014319_102454_28.pdf
Mitochondrial DNA or X DNA of Chinese is mixed but our Y DNA is pure.

Means we have same father race but different mother races.

That is strong race do, and weak races are on the other hand ( X DNA is pure ,Y DNA is mixed)

North East Indian share the same Y DNA with Chinese , but had different mother races.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Means we have same father race but different mother races.

That is strong race do, and weak races are on the other hand ( X DNA is pure ,Y DNA is mixed)

North East Indian share the same Y DNA with Chinese , but had different mother races.
Han Chinese Y Chromosome Test Results

This is not shocking, I've seen many test results that show Northern Chinese tend to group with North East Asians (Japanese and Koreans) and Southern Chinese tend to group more with Southeast Asians. The populations also have distinct (but often overlapping) appearances. Many of my Chinese friends have told me it is due to diet and climate. I do not think so.

The early genetic research (The History and Geography of Human Genes, 1996) of Dr. Luigi Luca Cavalli-Sforza showed that Northern Chinese could be grouped with other Northeast Asians (Koreans, Tungusic groups, Japanese) and that Southern Chinese grouped more with Southeast Asians, making the Han Chinese aggregate an intermediate population between the two, which matches their location geographic location. This new report gives us some detail as to the way this population cline occurred.......

Based on what I know of Chinese history, Southern China was settled by the Han much later than the North and the people in the South were considered "barbarian" referred to as the various types of "Yue" (known as the 100 Yue) in later times. Eventually the people region that became Guangdong and North Vietnam were referred to as (Nan Yue, or South Viet). Most of these people were likely Austroasiatic speakers in origin (like present day Vietnamese and Cambodians). Since Northern Vietnam (Annam) was part of China on and off for over 1,000 years; and the south, by the end of Chinese colonization was controlled by Champa, a Malay people (Austronesian).

As far as I know there was a massive influx of Han Chinese into the region during the Song Dynasty due to Barbarian pressure in the north. I know assimilation was fairly complete by the Tang Dynasty as Cantonese speakers often call themselves "Tong (Tang in Mandarin) People" and talk of giving their children "Tong names". They also still refer to their province and themselves as "Yue" to this day. I'm guessing by the Late Tang, the Sinization of the area was complete, but for Annam. Vietnam became independent from China after the disintegration of the Tang, since the "Viet or Yue" people lived in what is now Guangdong as well, I'm guessing by that time the people in Guangdong were mostly Sinized, and considered themselves Han Chinese, but most of the people further South did not.

Also, "South," in China is the area from Shanghai down to the border of the Southeast Asian nations of Laos and Vietnam.

Other nonHan ethnicities lived in the South, such as the Lao/Thai (Tai-Kadai language group) folks also came from Central China and were pushed South by the Han, they still have relatives in modern China like the Zhuang and Dong peoples.

To wrap it up, it is not shocking that Han men (like many men before them all over the world) would move to an area and take it over, while enslaving, killing, or running off the native men using their superior technology and social organization. Then they would marry, rape, or concubine the local women. Men, historically, are not picky about who they have sexual relations with. In a desperate spot any woman (even a barbarian) will do.

This new study provides more detail to earlier studies whose results where along the same lines.Hat tip to Dienekes:

European Journal of Human Genetics advance online publication 23 January 2008; doi: 10.1038/sj.ejhg.5201998
A spatial analysis of genetic structure of human populations in China reveals distinct difference between maternal and paternal lineages

Fuzhong Xue et al.

Analyses of archeological, anatomical, linguistic, and genetic data suggested consistently the presence of a significant boundary between the populations of north and south in China. However, the exact location and the strength of this boundary have remained controversial. In this study, we systematically explored the spatial genetic structure and the boundary of north–south division of human populations using mtDNA data in 91 populations and Y-chromosome data in 143 populations. Our results highlight a distinct difference between spatial genetic structures of maternal and paternal lineages. A substantial genetic differentiation between northern and southern populations is the characteristic of maternal structure, with a significant uninterrupted genetic boundary extending approximately along the Huai River and Qin Mountains north to Yangtze River. On the paternal side, however, no obvious genetic differentiation between northern and southern populations is revealed.

Han Chinese Y Chromosome Test Results | The Postnational Monitor

Last edited:

CCP

Han Chinese Y Chromosome Test Results

This is not shocking, I've seen many test results that show Northern Chinese tend to group with North East Asians (Japanese and Koreans) and Southern Chinese tend to group more with Southeast Asians. The populations also have distinct (but often overlapping) appearances. Many of my Chinese friends have told me it is due to diet and climate. I do not think so.

The early genetic research (The History and Geography of Human Genes, 1996) of Dr. Luigi Luca Cavalli-Sforza showed that Northern Chinese could be grouped with other Northeast Asians (Koreans, Tungusic groups, Japanese) and that Southern Chinese grouped more with Southeast Asians, making the Han Chinese aggregate an intermediate population between the two, which matches their location geographic location. This new report gives us some detail as to the way this population cline occurred.......

Based on what I know of Chinese history, Southern China was settled by the Han much later than the North and the people in the South were considered "barbarian" referred to as the various types of "Yue" (known as the 100 Yue) in later times. Eventually the people region that became Guangdong and North Vietnam were referred to as (Nan Yue, or South Viet). Most of these people were likely Austroasiatic speakers in origin (like present day Vietnamese and Cambodians). Since Northern Vietnam (Annam) was part of China on and off for over 1,000 years; and the south, by the end of Chinese colonization was controlled by Champa, a Malay people (Austronesian).

As far as I know there was a massive influx of Han Chinese into the region during the Song Dynasty due to Barbarian pressure in the north. I know assimilation was fairly complete by the Tang Dynasty as Cantonese speakers often call themselves "Tong (Tang in Mandarin) People" and talk of giving their children "Tong names". They also still refer to their province and themselves as "Yue" to this day. I'm guessing by the Late Tang, the Sinization of the area was complete, but for Annam. Vietnam became independent from China after the disintegration of the Tang, since the "Viet or Yue" people lived in what is now Guangdong as well, I'm guessing by that time the people in Guangdong were mostly Sinized, and considered themselves Han Chinese, but most of the people further South did not.

Also, "South," in China is the area from Shanghai down to the border of the Southeast Asian nations of Laos and Vietnam.

Other nonHan ethnicities lived in the South, such as the Lao/Thai (Tai-Kadai language group) folks also came from Central China and were pushed South by the Han, they still have relatives in modern China like the Zhuang and Dong peoples.

To wrap it up, it is not shocking that Han men (like many men before them all over the world) would move to an area and take it over, while enslaving, killing, or running off the native men using their superior technology and social organization. Then they would marry, rape, or concubine the local women. Men, historically, are not picky about who they have sexual relations with. In a desperate spot any woman (even a barbarian) will do.

This new study provides more detail to earlier studies whose results where along the same lines.Hat tip to Dienekes:

European Journal of Human Genetics advance online publication 23 January 2008; doi: 10.1038/sj.ejhg.5201998
A spatial analysis of genetic structure of human populations in China reveals distinct difference between maternal and paternal lineages

Fuzhong Xue et al.

Analyses of archeological, anatomical, linguistic, and genetic data suggested consistently the presence of a significant boundary between the populations of north and south in China. However, the exact location and the strength of this boundary have remained controversial. In this study, we systematically explored the spatial genetic structure and the boundary of north–south division of human populations using mtDNA data in 91 populations and Y-chromosome data in 143 populations. Our results highlight a distinct difference between spatial genetic structures of maternal and paternal lineages. A substantial genetic differentiation between northern and southern populations is the characteristic of maternal structure, with a significant uninterrupted genetic boundary extending approximately along the Huai River and Qin Mountains north to Yangtze River. On the paternal side, however, no obvious genetic differentiation between northern and southern populations is revealed.

Han Chinese Y Chromosome Test Results | The Postnational Monitor

Yes, we are.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Yes, we are.

What is 'Yes, we are'?

You stated

I showed

In this study, we systematically explored the spatial genetic structure and the boundary of north–south division of human populations using mtDNA data in 91 populations and Y-chromosome data in 143 populations. Our results highlight a distinct difference between spatial genetic structures of maternal and paternal lineages. A substantial genetic differentiation between northern and southern populations is the characteristic of maternal structure, with a significant uninterrupted genetic boundary extending approximately along the Huai River and Qin Mountains north to Yangtze River. On the paternal side, however, no obvious genetic differentiation between northern and southern populations is revealed.
Further

In recent years, extensive studies of the Y-chromosome lineages in East Asian populations have been conducted and found that the dominant haplogroups O-M175, D-M174, C-M130, and N-M231 in East Asian populations all have a southern origin [1]–[8]. Among these East Asian Y-chromosome lineages, D-M174 represents the earliest northward migration, beginning from the southern part of East Asia of what is now mainland Southeast Asia and southern China about 50–60 kya
PLOS ONE: Genetic Evidence of an East Asian Origin and Paleolithic Northward Migration of Y-chromosome Haplogroup N
So how pure is the Y Chromosome of China?

CCP

What is 'Yes, we are'?

You stated

I showed

Further

So how pure is the Y Chromosome of China?
1. keyword: mtDNA - X DNA , yes they are mixed , we have different mother races (local races), but one father race(Han).
2. Southern China Joined in China lately, and we don't kill all the local males very often from at time.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
1. keyword: mtDNA - X DNA , yes they are mixed , we have different mother races (local races), but one father race(Han).
2. Southern China Joined in China lately, and we don't kill all the local males very often from at time.
Heard of Sinicisation?

If not, see what you are doing in Tibet and Xinjaing.

That is a very very watered down by the Sinicisation done in the past.

Note:
Among these East Asian Y-chromosome lineages, D-M174 represents the earliest northward migration, beginning from the southern part of East Asia of what is now mainland Southeast Asia and southern China about 50–60 kya
Your state
Southern China Joined in China lately,
Really?

Check the Earring Period of Chinese history.

It started in 221 BC.

Sima Qian has a different date. Debatable since Spring and Autumn period and concluding with the victory of the state of Qin in 221 BC, creating a unified China under the Qin dynasty.

That is recently or lately?

Here it is in graphic terms.

How much of obfuscation and fibbing must you peddle to us?

Last edited:

CCP

Heard of Sinicisation?

If not, see what you are doing in Tibet and Xinjaing.

That is a very very watered down by the Sinicisation done in the past.

Note:

Your state

Really?

Check the Earring Period of Chinese history.

It started in 221 BC.

That is recently or lately?

Here it is in graphic terms.

How much of obfuscation and fibbing must you peddle to us?

check what is southern part of China in the paper first.

from your quote:

"Also, "South," in China is the area from Shanghai down to the border of the Southeast Asian nations of Laos and Vietnam.

Other nonHan ethnicities lived in the South, such as the Lao/Thai (Tai-Kadai language group) folks also came from Central China and were pushed South by the Han, they still have relatives in modern China like the Zhuang and Dong peoples."

Check where is Laos and Vietnam in your 200bc map.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles