India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninja hattori

Country flag
AJIT DOVAL... beyond all the stories planted around this man to make him an unquestionable glamorous figure... this person NEEDS TO ANSWER A LOT.

HE is the problem.
Answer to why are we offensive and y not defensive like erstwhile establishment?

You will bleed when you fight. And if u sit as a bystander u Dnt bleed. Question can be asked y did u bleed less or more? But not y u chose to fight.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Incorrect. It went to Burma when it was seperated away in 1937.
Not true , they were just leased first and then controlled by Gov of Burma. After our Independence we could have easily pressed over for those islands.

But Kangaroos wanted Britain to keep them as a naval base if needed in future and British were planning to give it to pakistan + Lakshadweep.

Patel intervened with Indian Navy at Lakshwadweep and ready for Andaman. British decided to let it go away but Mountbatten convinced Casanova Nehru to let Coco islands go the Burma route later leased out to China . In 1994 when India asked Burma refused they have leased it out.

That's why Time to simply inform Burma and take it over. Remove the weaklings first if you want a war.

aarav

जय परशुराम‍।
Country flag
Chinks are provoking us by bringing melee weapons these retards think after galwan we 'll let that happen again,warning shots need to convert into body shots ,these leeches are desperate for high ground take them a little more higher

Dessert Storm

Country flag
I just went through the detail if war escalates India should simply take control.iver those islands by bombing shit out of it. They can't resist for long over there.

Say Fcuk Yourself To Burma later if they ever dare to raise a single voice.

If things do not escalate then directly engage Burma and made it clear those islands don't belong to them now their big daddy India is going to take control so vacate if they don't follow the lines attack.
I have read 2 different stories on this issue:
(1) That Indians never asked for it from the Brits.
(2) Indian PM gave it away to the Burmese.

Which one is true? If it's (2) then there may be a case to take it if it's used against interest of India. Further, even if it was gifted, there would be T&Cs in the instrument of gift, unless of course if it was drafted by somebody not so competent.

cereal killer

Country flag
Next time these chinese come up with long Daos... We should open fire. No bullshi* this time. They clearly don't want to go kinetic & we should call their bluff.
I think they are looking to inflict some casualties on IA through these tactics for a face saver.. We should not play by their rules & make them pay.

Mikel

Country flag
Infiltration foiled along IB.

During night intervening 08/09 Sept 2020, on specific intelligence about narcotics smuggling from Pak to India side in AOR of BOP Khayaliwala, Sriganganagar, Rajasthan, alert BSF troops foiled a nefarious attempt by armed smugglers and shot dead 02 smugglers ahead of fence.

On searching the area, following items have been recovered along with bodies of 02 slain intruders. Pistols - 02, Mag - 04, Amn- 28 rounds, Narcotics/drugs- 08 pkts( approx 8 kg), Night vision device- 01no (with 02 cells extra), Pak Currency- Rs 13000

johnq

I don't think the MEA/politicians should have any say in how India is defended. They have zero field experience, and are too intimidated by China. The Chinese negotiations allowed Chinese soldiers to come right up to their claim lines, and the Indian soldiers were not even allowed to use firearms. It's like asking the military to defend a country with its hands tied. The Chinese soldiers have crap training and can't handle casualties, which is why they negotiated the no firing rule. The Indian Army would destroy them in a firefight. Initiative is what wins victories in wars. The Indian military could have destroyed Chinese roads, bridges and infrastructure before the Chinese reinforced their positions, but they were not allowed to do pre-emptive strikes. Now the Chinese have gained a foothold on Indian territory with massive numbers of troops and equipment.
The army should only report to the PM, and be allowed to fight the enemy in any way it sees fit, including pre-emptive strikes and starting firefights.
The MEA has screwed up things so many times, including pushing Nepal and Sri Lanka closer to China. After everything that has happened, they are still in China trying to negotiate as China prepares to attack. :tsk:

Synergy

Country flag
Exactly! So much chutiyapa...

Just plant some damn claymores & landmines around the positions, they have been efficiently detering sneakers for decades (there'll be total deniability too. We can just claim they are from '62 war).

Or spray some LMG fire in their direction but don't hit anyone. They'll scurry off.
why don't hit anyone? they are betting on we won't hit.
just shoot at the tiny g#0!n of these han princelings.

Nationalist Manasvi Papa

Country flag
Next time these chinese come up with long Daos... We should open fire. No bullshi* this time. They clearly don't want to go kinetic & we should call their bluff.
I think they are looking to inflict some casualties on IA through these tactics for a face saver.. We should not play by their rules & make them pay.
This is what exactly chinkis want.
They will send some troops and if our troops fire at them, they will cry before the world and say IA slaughtered their troops.
Worse, they will declare war because Xin zing pooh is trying to save his ass and a war is perfect for that.

cereal killer

Country flag
I have read 2 different stories on this issue:
(1) That Indians never asked for it from the Brits.
(2) Indian PM gave it away to the Burmese.

Which one is true? If it's (2) then there may be a case to take it if it's used against interest of India. Further, even if it was gifted, there would be T&Cs in the instrument of gift, unless of course if it was drafted by somebody not so competent.
There's not a lot of info or actual evidence of this.. George fernandes made a claim once.
Coco Islands has always been a part of British Burma so it is likely it was given by British to Burma in 1948. Nehru may not have any say in all this.
It's not a military base.. It only has a radar station I guess.

Tumba

Tihar Jail
Banned
I can see this platform is filled with congress IT cell which is nothing but a front for porkis and chinis, @Mods better clean these shits or are u ppl with them...
pointing fingers at Govt and NSA and EAM this mofos should be cleaned up...

or nationalist Indians better move to another platform.

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
VT-5 have ERA... apparently the platform is designed for low intensity conflict to resist HEAT rockets & RPGs. The frontal armour can stop 57mm rounds.
Also reportedly has hard-kill-soft-kill APS, while itself being capable of firing ATGM.

So we'll need kinetic rounds from bigger tanks.
Type 15 light tank does not seem to have any hard-kill APS. Soft-kill APS does not help much. Our troops would be trained to target the ground near the tank and when the beam-rider ATGM closes in, quickly aim the targeting laser on the tank to take it out.

I think Type-15 has a first generation ERA. Nothing like Kontak-5. So I don't think that ERA can stop tandem warhead of Milan 2T or FSAPDS Mangoes from T-series tanks. And if we have 3rd gen Spikes, Type-15 is toast the minute it gets in range.

But Type-15 is agile and has adequate firepower. It has 5 km range ATGM from main barrel and its FSAPDS might be capable of defeating T-72 frontal armour at 2000 meters if the Chini sources are true.

That said, if Chinis have half a brain, they won't pit this against Indian Armour. They will instead use this from long range to provide direct fire support to PLAGF infantry assaulting the passes we hold. They will try to stay outside range of our ATGM.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
I think Type-15 has a first generation ERA. Nothing like Kontak-5.
How do you know this?.. Why will they use older, heavier ERA on a new light tanks?

It's main strength is our tanks having no APS & main weakness is it having 100mm frontal armour (unconfirmed, but from Chink forum) meant to stop auto-cannons.
pointing fingers at Govt and NSA and EAM
That's a requirement of being a good citizen... I agree they are acting over-sceptic but india does have a history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles