India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

omaebakabaka

Your reply is also not very specific. What about the original problem. The Chinese occupation of new areas in Pangong Tso, Depsang etc. We need not recover it and should be happy with the additional land we have occupied elsewhere in Tibet.
We are all discussing about the India - China face-off and making points and offering suggestions. There is no absolute right and wrong. You need not be right and others wrong. Similarly you need not be wrong and others right. It is basically an exchange of ideas.
There is no need to get personal and lower the standard of the discussion. By making personal attacks on you I don't become superior. Let's agree to maintain the decorum of the forum.
What personal attack? I just characterized your dilemma.....none of us have ground level facts, so best we can do is trust GOI, IA and I retiterated the same in earlier responses too....my answer was specific to Aksai question you posed. Am I missing something?

Yash Patel

Country flag
Guys, only one request Please do not post any unconfirmed news of troops KIA or WIA.

Many People post news from Forum so let IA confirm first then post and we have 400+ people currently watching this thread.

we have to keep in mind the Families of 30-40K troops who would be sitting next to TV or Phone to hear from their brave heart and last thing we want is them to start panicking regarding health of their Boy/Girl who currently is deployed at the frontline.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
From BR Forum.

On the same ridge as the Black top there is another feature called the "Bump" about 1.5 km west of the Black top bang on the LAC. While Black top is higher by about 100 m, the Bump provides a similar view of the Chinese side as the Black top both to the north and the south.

Is it the bump we have captured ? As per few chinese have roads going to the top of black top.
Because this will mean we have moved LAC to our advantage the first time after 1962 (kinda understand it as grabbing Chinese territory).

Same reason fanboys want it to happen, and the same reason govt. the position is that we are within our territory (to not be portrayed as the aggressor)

This wiki map of altitudes.

Synergy

Country flag
Indian Army's logistics😐

Transporting food and water on foot in this day and age. An ATV or UGV could have done the job efficiently.
no my friend.
this is pure love and psyops. this is the backing of common people who are the backbone of any Army. no vehicle can suppliment this.

this is ultimate moral booster also.

Gujjar_boy

Country flag
No official statement has been released by IA so far about last night scuffle! The chinese on other forums are spreading fake news citing weibo accounts that they have attacked IA positions on south of pangon and retook them!! What a load of bullshit they are peddling . We need to counter that fake info war on every SM platform.

Mikel

Country flag

Meanwhile....

Apache Combat Helicopter Landed In Kishtwar. The first landing of a fighter Apache helicopter was made in Kishtwar. Apart from landing two Apache helicopters on Kishtwar's helipad, the pilots also took stock of the entire area.China is about 210 kilometers from Kishtwar

Tridev123

Country flag
Let our Army stablise the situation on the ridge line they have occupied. In such mountains, it takes years to develop what is called "deliberate Defences", It is not even a a few days since they climbed up to that. At this stage they are barely finding routes to fetch water up hill.

At least many Lakhs of sandbags, many tons of steel and cement. girders, prefabricated huts, FRPs, and tons of steel girders will be required to be hauled up. That is many years of efforts. For the time being they must be planning to connect all posts with vehicle tracks.

You Moron are talking of Aksai Chin, Military operation advance from firm base to firm base and it is not a walk to Khurnak Fort. Even Airborne or Helliborne troops can not do that unless there are good means to link up with them..
I agree, our goals should be realistic. There is a lot of anger against the Chinese and people become emotional. Aksai Chin or Hind can be retaken but at the right time and after due planning. Consolidating our new positions is important. Whatever be the final outcome, the Chinese and the PLA have been made to realise that they cannot underestimate the Indian Army.

1971ftw

Country flag
Do you have a verifiable source? What value does such statement add to the discussion? Every 3rd person can come and say they heard something from someone somewhere.

" I heard Modi & Xi will play PUBG to resolve the conflict"
Some Chinese website via baidu ,used Google translate so not sure if anything was lost in translation. it said India fiered first and China took countermeasures to stabilise the situation

mokoman

Country flag
Indian Army's logistics😐

Transporting food and water on foot in this day and age. An ATV or UGV could have done the job efficiently.
From video and pics i seen of the place , you can only climb on foot.

The chinese have a trail on their side , they patrol only on foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles