India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tridev123

Country flag
Your posts are quite interesting and very familiar in some sense that people who are indecisive and do not want to take any responsibility end up in an eternal suspended state till the system around them either collapses or changes their state. I do not think any answer would be convincing to you as you will see pros and cons. Great leaders think a little bit different and would not shy away from a risky situation and that does not mean they are stupid. PMO and RM and IA all said they are ready if the enemy escalates the situation. It is not like China is giving us a choice but this time we made a grand stand win or lose. I am not discarding your post....valid concern.
I have been advocating a robust response from us to Chinese aggression. There was no chance of the Chinese withdrawing to April 2020 positions.

But it seems that the situation has changed in the last few days as there were meetings between the Defence Ministers and a meeting is proposed between the Foreign Ministers. India would not have agreed to the meetings unless the Chinese had agreed to compromise. The official statement of the Government of India has been that a return to April 2020 positions is necessary for peace to prevail.

So the question arises. Will we be willing to accept a return to status quo ante.

Please answer the question first. According to you what should happen and what would be acceptable to India. Do not be vague. Do you want the Indian Army to advance by a few kms into Tibet across all sectors. Or do you want us to retake Aksai China or Hind first. Simply stating that we are ready to fight is very vague. Be decisive in stating your objectives. List out what areas of Tibet you want us to occupy.

Please share your vision of what should be the contours of an acceptable solution for India.

In international relations official positions of Governments can change over time. If suddenly the Chinese want peace and agree to withdraw how should we react. What are your war objectives in concrete terms as you accuse me of being indecisive. I would like to see your decisiveness.

Mangal

Country flag
Chinese could start by giving ultimatum to vacate followed by a serious attempt of taking back the peaks by force. Any fire fight could then escalate to pounding those tops by rockets and artillary followed by ground assault like India did in Kargil. Once the chinese take control of the heights the onus of escalation will then fall back on India.

In all this al lot of media management will be done by china to blame and humiliate India.
This is what I think can happen similar to what has happened in conflicts around globe but it could be not necessarily true.

Last edited:

omaebakabaka

So the question arises. Will we be willing to accept a return to status quo ante.

Please answer the question first. According to you what should happen and what would be acceptable to India. Do not be vague. Do you want the Indian Army to advance by a few kms into Tibet across all sectors. Or do you want us to retake Aksai China or Hind first. Simply stating that we are ready to fight is very vague. Be decisive in stating your objectives. List out what areas of Tibet you want us to occupy.

Please share your vision of what should be the contours of an acceptable solution for India.

In international relations official positions of Governments can change over time. If suddenly the Chinese want peace and agree to withdraw how should we react. What are your war objectives in concrete terms as you accuse me of being indecisive. I would like to see your decisiveness.
I will ignore the meetings part, as that's drama which may lead to meaningful result or not. Just par for the course.
It all depends on having the ground level facts to answer your questions.....withdrawing from heights means in future they may have upper hand as our plans and strategy are kinda exposed along with their chinks but if we keep them then are they sustainable in winter? I think best result is to outfox them by all means without getting into full war....meaning take some more areas around those heights so we have more control over the area and in a position to vacate heights in winter but get to keep them. Then go in front of the world for peace....as for going for full Aksai, we should postpone that into future and focus on Tibet uprising....larger gains by military is not a good strategy.

prasadr14

PrasadReddy
Chinese could start by giving ultimatum to vacate followed by a serious attempt of taking back the peaks by force. Any fire fight could then escalate to pounding those tops by rockets and artillary followed by ground assault like India did in Kargil. Once the chinese take control of the heights the onus of escalation will then fall back on India.
And what would you think our response would be when Chinkies are doing all that?

What is easier to pound?
Top of a mountain from bottom
or
Bottom of a mountain from top?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles