India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
So CCP couldn't take the loss of South bank pangyong tso
Most definitely. PLA will fire "warning shots" with artillery within 50 m of the Indian positions at Black Top, to intimidate the ground troops. India will respond with artillery warning shots of its own beyond F4, at the North Bank.

PLA is blissfully ignorant of Indian counter-buildup at Chushul, and assumes that it's just a small Indian detachment on these heights, with nobody to back them up.

Lancer

Bana
Country flag
Most definitely. PLA will fire "warning shots" with artillery within 50 m of the Indian positions at Black Top, to intimidate the ground troops. India will respond with artillery warning shots of its own beyond F4, at the North Bank.

PLA is blissfully ignorant of Indian counter-buildup at Chushul, and assumes that it's just a small Indian detachment on these heights, with nobody to back them up.
We should respond on target.

UZI™️

Country flag
Unconfirmed Sources says that Cheenese were trying to gain access to black top but Alerted Indian Army spotted them in the middle,after which Cheenes side tried to Repeat Similar Action like they did in Galwan valley but This time our troops had clear orders to use weapons,So without wasting time we fired warning shots after which cowards went back to their positions.

omaebakabaka

There is no reason to think they are ignorant about our build up and vice-versa. India just decided it will make a stand consisting both offensive and defensive stands. For now they limited it to the scale of Chinese offensives but obviously both are prepared for full blown war. If anything beyond mmg and hmg are used in the warning shots from either side, I think the bets are off.....Modi govt is not Vajpayee like and certainly not congress like and world is also different now and India is also.....I would be very surprised if we really gained in these offensives then they would be given up easily without getting something strategic in nature somewhere else on the border in any negotiations

omaebakabaka

This is all about Psy warfare I guess,If I'm not wrong then IA getting their supplies through Helis, Armoured truck/Jeeps etc.
Actually this is quite normal in those areas for many reasons, helicopters don't fly 24 hrs nor in all weather conditions. Yaks and Mules are frequently used....these could be scouts also.....winter is where it gets tricky but I am sure they have it planned. I just hope no excuses or negligence happen in the logistics for any reason that effects soldier's performance in those harsh conditions where morale is very difficult to keep up.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Indian Army's logistics😐

Transporting food and water on foot in this day and age. An ATV or UGV could have done the job efficiently.
India's attempts to turn this into an "evil communist Chinese against Tibetan+Indian resistance" is paying off huge dividends. No amount of CCP-approved ethnic Tibetan tamasha from their side can counter this.

If shit hits the fan and western politicians deliberate on whether to intervene, the Tibetan angle will bear down heavy on them. Not that it will come to that. Chinese are miscalculating both the Indian strategic depth and the Indian political resolve to use it. This won't end well for them.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
chinis started removing some military related site access to chini internet for outside world.
So they're creating echo chambers for the aam-cheeni in case the war doesn't go their way. They know how Galwan PLA casualties blew up on their faces.

Chinese will get their information one way or the other. Xi's detractors within the CCP will make sure of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles