India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

LETHALFORCE

Country flag
US elections: whether Trump or Biden wins, China policies won’t change much, experts say

Mikesingh

Country flag
Can
Can I ask what were in the MREs? Really curious. Why isn't the Indian MREs well known, is there any reason for it?
That's because they keep changing depending on availability! The responsibility of providing the forces operating under extreme conditions lies with the Mysore based Defence Food Research Laboratory (DFRL). DFRL has developed various rations including the 'Main Battle Tank (MBT) ration', 'submarine rations' and 'survival rations' for the Army, Navy and Air Force as well as the paramilitary/CAPF.

The types issued varies. The MRE rations do not require any cooking since the contents are thermally processed having adequate calories and nutrition. Many are freeze dried too meaning you just add a little water, mix and eat. It can be consumed readily after a little warming if required. DFRL had supplied 50,000 survival rations and 30,000 MRE rations to the Army during Kargil ops within 48 hrs!

MRE can include......

1599480607170.png

1599480828959.png

There's even packaged Biryani for the fauj deployed in Siachen and Kargil which include mutton and chicken biryanis! But unfortunately, one doesn't feel like eating this delicious stuff in high altitude areas! You feel full most of the time. And that is a frikkin tragedy!!

By the way, keeping environmental concerns in view, the DFRL has developed edible cutlery for the forces too. Yep! You can eat the spoons forks and bowls also after or even during the meal!! Lol! I haven't tried this one!! 🥴

1599481266601.png

More here...

Burrrrppp! 👍

Last edited:

Kumata

US elections: whether Trump or Biden wins, China policies won’t change much, experts say
Thats a try to tell the US voters that they shud vote for joe fella. Picture abhi baaki hai ...

Kumata

That's because they keep changing depending on availability! The responsibility of providing the forces operating under extreme conditions lies with the Mysore based Defence Food Research Laboratory (DFRL). DFRL has developed various rations including the 'Main Battle Tank (MBT) ration', 'submarine rations' and 'survival rations' for the Army, Navy and Air Force as well as the paramilitary/CAPF.

The types issued varies. The MRE rations do not require any cooking since the contents are thermally processed having adequate calories and nutrition. Many are freeze dried too meaning you just add a little water, mix and eat. It can be consumed readily after a little warming if required. DFRL had supplied 50,000 survival rations and 30,000 MRE rations to the Army during Kargil ops within 48 hrs!

MRE can include......

View attachment 58287

View attachment 58288

There's even packaged Biryani for the fauj deployed in Siachen and Kargil which include mutton and chicken biryanis!

By the way, keeping environmental concerns in view, the DFRL has developed edible cutlery for the forces too. Yep! You can eat the spoons forks and bowls also after or even during the meal!! Lol! I haven't tried this one!! 🥴

View attachment 58297

More here...

Burrrrppp! 👍
I don't remember the brand name but their tech is in use for in Private sector as well. I remember buying few ready to eat and seeing DRDO Stamp there...

Gandaberunda

Country flag

MRE can include......

View attachment 58287

View attachment 58288

There's even packaged Biryani for the fauj deployed in Siachen and Kargil which include mutton and chicken biryanis!

View attachment 58297

More here...

Burrrrppp! 👍
My home is stone throw away from DFRL.. never knew all these things😳

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles