India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

mokoman

Country flag
I was referring to this area as Y Junction in Galwan Valley where clashes broke,which overlooks DBO road and can be used to target convoy.
I am not aware of full withdrawal.I checked Def Minsiter statement again. There is no mention of it. Even Google did not reveal.Last Satellite photos showed roads leading to it having military convoys and same in hinterland. Do u hv info on it.Pls share as i am not aware.

View attachment 78529
Thats not Y junction , thats 'triangle' base camp from galwan valley , Y junction is in depsang.

PLA withdrew from there at least partially , they destroyed everything they build up and moved back 2km.
You can see it on sat images. I think they may have grabbed some area which was earlier a buffer zone.but i am not sure.

But

But in any case what responsibility do the troops of the WTC have in the SCS region ?
I was thinking of a scenario where there is escalation between US and China.

And India makes a military push in ladakh against PLA with US military help.

You now have two large nations fighting against you from either side.

Maybe they wanted to remove that possibility.

vasusuman

Country flag
They have left because they couldn't sustained the logistics for that long. India army knew it from the very start and played the waiting game.

At very start of this thread this point was discussed. After first wave of kinetic action they might have gained some advantage but after that it would have been a slaughterhouse scenario for them.

The golden rule to decode any military action or lack of it to understand the logistics. Rest every thing is just a noise.

The joining of Rafale can be added as one more factor but it connects back to same sustaining of the logistical lines. They left because air superiority upon which second wave would have been mounted became near impossible.
I hope i can be so positive.

I accept that cold is a big factor. Plus their aim is not India. India is part of a larger game plan which is overtaking USA. That's why i remember words of Chinese here in this forum - (a) China is using the same path that US used to be No 1 (b) China will bide time till it is sure of victory by economic and military (c) It may loose small war but will come back to win big war.He quoted fm history

I also believe that this myth of Chinese Superiority has been busted- of technological advancement of weapons n military might.They need more time to be sure of a convincing victory

Also,Taiwan may be their priority now and with US carriers in SC Sea - no use of wasting money in months of the standoff.

DownWithCCP

Country flag
I hope i can be so positive.

I accept that cold is a big factor. Plus their aim is not India. India is part of a larger game plan which is overtaking USA. That's why i remember words of Chinese here in this forum - (a) China is using the same path that US used to be No 1 (b) China will bide time till it is sure of victory by economic and military (c) It may loose small war but will come back to win big war.He quoted fm history

I also believe that this myth of Chinese Superiority has been busted- of technological advancement of weapons n military might.They need more time to be sure of a convincing victory

Also,Taiwan may be their priority now and with US carriers in SC Sea - no use of wasting money in months of the standoff.
"China doesn't care about India, China's focus is on USA" this is the most generic line you will see coming from all CCP bots that visit this forum, this is the only line they have been told to repeat everywhere they go and hence you see every chinese man in this forum telling you that.
Facts and Chinese actions say otherwise, in reality if the Chinese were never insecure about their position vis-a-vis India, there was no need for them to do what they did, if they really believe that India will never rise to compete with China for its space and it can be ignored they would've never done what they did, by repeating those above lines it is their mechanism of coping with their insecurities while trying to beat India into submission because they know that once they take down the US then their only competitor that can arise in the future can be India and if India is "taught a lesson" then they can finally realize what they have been repeating through their bots and their spokespersons.

indiatester

Country flag
Extremely short sighted analysis
1) Depsang will be taken up next so don't draw conclusions on mere assumptions looks stupid imo, in any case both parties have blocked each others' patrol points in the Depsang valley.
Watch Lt General Rakesh Sharma's explanation on stratnewsglobal to get a clear understanding of the positions in Depsang Valley
2) Men won't be removed from the Kailash range only tanks and arty are being removed, from what I know infantry won't vacate the range till other places are discussed and sorted out
source : @Hellfire
3)There haven't been any new developments in Y junction near Galwan after the incident on June, so that part of it remains as it is.
Its amusing to see folks who have no skin in the game make sweeping statements.
We have seen how our political will was on display with decisive action on trade. That resulted in substantial loss of access to the Chinese and an actual loss of revenue.
We have seen our forces make fantastic maneuvers which took everyone by surprise. These took the wind out of arguments of critics like Panag, Shawney, Shukla etc. Not to mention Chinese and the world took note.
Diplomacy was also handled deftly.

Does it mean that we can't be surprised or we won't make mistakes. No.
But, have trust in the ability of our own leaders who have brought about a decent outcome for all. I mean getting the Chinese to withdraw upto Finger8 in Pangong Tso is better than status quo ante for me.

sunshine

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
There is also a sinister unofficial version, which is to push India into a soft arms race through constant border friction. The resources are limited, the investment military expenditure become more, may cause to invest in the scientific research, the education, in the agricultural resources to reduce.Can effectively slow down India's development potential. After all, military spending now exceeds 2.5% of GDP and 15% of the government budget. After all, most Indian equipment is imported.This is a non-mainstream view.

DownWithCCP

Country flag
There is also a sinister unofficial version, which is to push India into a soft arms race through constant border friction. The resources are limited, the investment military expenditure become more, may cause to invest in the scientific research, the education, in the agricultural resources to reduce.Can effectively slow down India's development potential. After all, military spending now exceeds 2.5% of GDP and 15% of the government budget. After all, most Indian equipment is imported.This is a non-mainstream view.
Thanks but we are well aware of that as well so under the new indigenization program a lot of things are going to be manufactured in India so that will reduce international development and roping in private players will only help that further, unlike the older Make In India program, the new "Aatmanirbhar Bharat" project will be followed quite closely(again thanks to the Chinese) and with it will accompany many structural and economic reforms to boost domestic manufacturing and making India an export powerhouse as well, granted it won't happen overnight and will take time but this time around things look different(again thanks to the Chinese) the budget was also a growth budget and the govt has realized the importance of pvt sector participation and the PM himself has openly praised the pvt sector in the parliament, showing strong signs of reforms and growth ahead for India, It is my personal opinion that partly why Make in India was not that big of a success was lack of reforms and Chinese goods, Modi initially(like many other PMs) thought that trade can keep China at bay, India even put the Doklam issue under the carpet but China's treachery did not end and finally we are at this point.

ninja hattori

Country flag
Folks you missed this,

Meenakshi lekhi is the deputy speaker of lok sabha. Also the front runner in tibet and taiwan card played by ruling party. She has made some important statements in Parliament.
Excerpt of her statement " Wuhan produced Virus"

Y is important?

It's actually equally important just like news headlines make noise when US Congress discusses something. Would give u an idea what the ruling dispensation has for in china. And it's not just over yet with disengagement. Or say something is still cooking.

Last edited:

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
I was referring to this area as Y Junction in Galwan Valley where clashes broke,which overlooks DBO road and can be used to target convoy.
I am not aware of full withdrawal.I checked Def Minsiter statement again. There is no mention of it. Even Google did not reveal.Last Satellite photos showed roads leading to it having military convoys and same in hinterland. Do u hv info on it.Pls share as i am not aware.

View attachment 78529
The point you are referring to is called patrol point 14 (PP14).

What is the situation in Galwan???
Both sides agreed to pull back troops 2 km away from this triangle (PP14), and any Chinese structure or tent has been removed from this position. Both sides have pitched their positions 2 km away from this point, creating a buffer zone.

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
The point you are referring to is called patrol point 14 (PP14).

Both sides agreed to pull back troops 2 km away from this triangle (PP14), and any Chinese structure or tent has been removed from this position. Both sides have pitched their positions 2 km away from this point, creating a buffer zone.

So since july there is a no patrolling zone, no developments after that?

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
So since july there is a no patrolling zone, no developments after that?
No new development, Galwan is essentially de-escalated. In fact BMPs inducted to protect Galwan has been moved to South Pangong Tso.

You can check the same in the Sentinel-2 satellite image, Chinese tents are visible around 2 km away from the flash point.

Hari Sud

Country flag
Does this fast paced Chinese withdrawal show that unacclimatized troops were the reason to move back fast for China. Reports were there that too many Chinese troops who have been herded into very difficult circumstances after a falsified exercise were victims of cold as well unusual circumstances. The previous Chinese general did not care about the bad circumstances hence kept on. He had to be transferred away to implement this change just one month after he was gone. Indian Army better trained had made their home better on the heights although not a pleasant one but they were trained for that.

What a loss or prestige for China.

Bravo Indian Army .......... You were great.

shade

Country flag
They're so blue-pilled by their fauj, that everything bad is Raa ki saajish.
I haven't seen a single Blackpilled paki, I can't help but think their brains don't know how to introspects 'cause if they did every single on of them would've been blackpilled.
redpill, bluepill, blackpill only for Kaffirs.

Momins worldwide only take the greenpill.
All other pills are haram.

Remember that qaum cares only about one thing, Destruction of Bharat, and death of kaffirs, that is the basis on which their country was formed, and how it has been moulded the past 70 years.

The hold of religion is too strong on them, it ensures their "survival" in sense, but hinders their progress and well being( except Jernails, Afsars and other elite )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles