India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnq

It's important to form economic/defense alliance with Taiwan as well as attacking the Chinese occupation of Aksai Hind, Tibet, Xinjiang, Hong Kong, Inner Mongolia, etc and the Chinese mistreatment of the people there. The Chinese have never hesitated to support Pakistan in Kashmir as well as stealing areas of Karakoram Range, Ladakh and parts of Arunachal from India, so India should not follow Chinese dictates on areas that China illegally occupied (the so called one China policy). India should make the Chinese government's position weaker on all fronts, and that will endanger its leader's position further by putting pressure on him from PLA and other CCP leaders. That may eventually cause toppling of the leadership, with the cracks affecting the PLA as well. Then India can attack and take back all areas as well as freeing Tibet and Xinjiang to create buffer areas.

Blue Water Navy

Zeroed
Country flag
Migrating to the US is like converting to Islam. Most Amreeki citizen-NRIs wipe their asses with India's national interests. They'll vote for dole, and Democrats shit golden dole down NRI throats.
It's a problem with many Indian hindus. Because we are more like 'mind our own business' type.

And you know what are worse. The second generation of NRI's, they exploit every last bit of their Indian heritage but when comes to talking about and/or acting in favor of national interest they totally ditch it. :dude:

Actually it also reflects what their parents are teaching them at home. Which in turn again reflects the 'mind your own business' mentality.

Although nevertheless, the thing is you don't wanna be a Desi that's fine. But then also don't take advantage of it .:facepalm:

I know here are many NRI's present. And I apologize for talking about kids. But it's what I have seen.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
It's important to form economic/defense alliance with Taiwan as well as attacking the Chinese occupation of Aksai Hind, Tibet, Xinjiang, Hong Kong, Inner Mongolia, etc and the Chinese mistreatment of the people there.
Include these countries and one realises the extent of Chinese expansionism....

1603255643860.png

Apart from these China is also laying claim to Russian territory - the territory of Primorsky Krai of which Vladivostok is the administrative capital. They have the gall to claim it (historically) in spite of the fact that Chinese are just 0.2% of the population, the majority Russians having a population of 93%.

The frikkin Chinese seem to have a wild hair up their a**, seeing their indefatigable penchant for grabbing real estate.

bajiraopeshwa

Country flag
Hope we sent the bill for the Chinese soldiers chai-paani and nashta to the Chinese. We are already incurring a big cost for maintaining our force and the last thing we can afford is to feed the Chinese also. This could well be a strategy of the Chinese for maintaining morale of their forces - go to the Indian side and grab some good food.

indiatester

Country flag
okay, a line needs to be drawn here..

:dude:

I understand the sentiments and agree to certain extent. but you are generalizing it now :)

believe it or not, me and my friends in our neighborhood and at work, 796 of them.. we all early voted for trump.

to be honest, I am yet to find a single desi who early voted for sleepy joe in my city (in texas).

we all voted for trump because of Chinese equation.

I observed that NRI's are equally patriotic if not more when compared to people in INDIA. just because we are living outside INDIA doesn't mean we are sluts and we will sell our motherland for peanuts. I am sure there are some who might have voted for biden as well. but please stop generalizing

:)
A few of my friends in the bluest of states California are also voting Trump.

N4tsula67

Country flag
A few of my friends in the bluest of states California are also voting Trump.
I apologise if you think we are generalizing but i would say we are just talking based on our observation which might varies from person to person. Well in my opinion there is a little more fanctionalism than other groups (even in india) among hindus/india in general. There are the Macaulay Putra types who hate india to the core whether they live here or in US and then there are the one who care about india. But in my observation i have seen that 1st gen and few 2nd gen of NRIs tends to be one the second group. While a lot of 3rd and 4th gen and few 1st gens tends to be on the Macaulay Putra spectrum. Its irrespective of US or India.

Cheran

Country flag
Why was a soundbite given that the held Chinese thug would be released after a couple of days & then suddenly released? I believe the source know about the release but choose to give out soundbite in a manner that would paint India has having succumbed to pressure. :rage:. Hope GOI identifies & purge these so called sources.

shade

Country flag
The braves of Galwan have shown India and the world how to take on China - meet China's "anger" with double the fury. The sacrifice of these heroes will be one of the most important in the history of the Indian civilization.

It always burns the heart that such young brave people are no more with us but also makes us feel both proud and humbled that such men still exist in India.All of them deserve a Param Vir Chakra.

The "world" doesn't care beyond a few articles implying how India lost 20 soldiers to 10 foot Chinamen who had 0 losses, over a "disputed territory".
As is expected from anti-Indian foreign media, who are probably on Chinese payroll also.

In India itself by next year everyone including GoI, Italian opposition parties, plebeans, traders doing boycott China drama, startup businessmen all will forget the Galwan attack and it's martyrs, and go back to Jhula Jhuli & Nariyal paani diplomacy, MoU signing, consoom of Chink phone, TV and car, sales of the same items, and prostitution to Chinese VCs for funding respectively.

Soldiers were martyred, land was lost, money was spent maintaining the buildup at the LAC, and at the end of the day nothing will have changed in policy or practice except the same cycle repeating the next time the Chinks appear somewhere and do "surprise" landgrab, and now that they know they can get away by killing our troops without repercussions, even they are on the menu now.

Till GoI stops being afraid of "escalation" and limits the economic influence of China on this country their land grab stunts will continue to take place with impunity.

bajiraopeshwa

Country flag
The "world" doesn't care beyond a few articles implying how India lost 20 soldiers to 10 foot Chinamen who had 0 losses, over a "disputed territory".
As is expected from anti-Indian foreign media, who are probably on Chinese payroll also.

In India itself by next year everyone including GoI, Italian opposition parties, plebeans, traders doing boycott China drama, startup businessmen all will forget the Galwan attack and it's martyrs, and go back to Jhula Jhuli & Nariyal paani diplomacy, MoU signing, consoom of Chink phone, TV and car, sales of the same items, and prostitution to Chinese VCs for funding respectively.

Soldiers were martyred, land was lost, money was spent maintaining the buildup at the LAC, and at the end of the day nothing will have changed in policy or practice except the same cycle repeating the next time the Chinks appear somewhere and do "surprise" landgrab, and now that they know they can get away by killing our troops without repercussions, even they are on the menu now.

Till GoI stops being afraid of "escalation" and limits the economic influence of China on this country their land grab stunts will continue to take place with impunity.
By deploying troops and signalling readiness to fight, India has shown willingness to both give blood and take more blood in return. We may have so far only landed one slap on the bully but it was a hard and stinging slap. We have shown the world that the China bully need not be tolerated and can be dealt with. It is upto the rest of the world to learn from this or meekly surrender to the bully.

Galwan has started the process of India-China disengagement and also the identification of China as a real and imminent threat. The process of disengagement may not be immediate - people may still buy Chinese stuff and take funding from Chinese VC's. But the free run for the Chinese has ended - for example their apps have been evicted from India and elsewhere, Huawei is banned by multiple nations etc.

Great nations never forget their martyrs. How we remember the Galwan heroes will show whether we have it in us to be a great nation or not.

12arya

Country flag

India Crossed LAC At Seven Places To Bring China To The Negotiating Table, Says Report Citing Officials
by Swarajya Staff - Oct 17, 2020 02:31 PM

India Crossed LAC At Seven Places To Bring China To The Negotiating Table, Says Report Citing Officials
An Indian Army convoy in Ladakh. (@jaywankhadejrw/Twitter)

India crossed the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in Ladakh at seven places, a highly placed source has been quoted in the Indian Express as saying.

The report says that Indian forces crossed the LAC to counter transgressions by the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) into Indian territory.

“We have crossed over at seven places. Why do you think China is still at the negotiating table?,” the official has said, hinting that the action taken by Indian forces has forced the Chinese to come to the negotiating table.

The Express report adds that India has refused to vacate the heights it took control of (in late August) in the region south of the Pangong Lake. New Delhi has also said that it will not stop infrastructure development in border areas.

India has said it will not move back from the heights it has occupied till China agrees to move back from the area between Finger 4 and Finger 8.
Chinese forces had occupied the area between Fingers 4 and 8, stretching nearly eight kilometers along the north bank of the Pangong Lake, in early May. The area occupied by China was patrolled by both sides till April.

The positions India took control of on the intervening night of 29 and 30 August in the Chushul sector (south of the Pangong Lake) allow it to dominate the area.

During the seventh round of talks between the two sides, the Indian Army has told the PLA that is not going to withdraw from these heights till China agrees to do the same on the north bank of the Pangong Lake.
The Indian Army has argued that these positions must be vacated simultaneously by forces on both sides to mutually agreed locations

12arya

Country flag

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
The American attitude is to ignore Chinese actions as long as China exports in US dollar.

The day China stops accepting the US dollar, you will get dozens of Hollywood movies depicting China as an enemy.

Anyway, several events can trigger a war between USA and China; Taiwan being the first flashpoint. Second is a naval clash in South or East China sea.

China has not kept its word on Hongkong. So trust between USA/UK and China is gone.
China is a paper tiger and has not shown any resolve to go to war with any country. China's policy is to bully other nation with Propaganda. However, after conflict with India in Laddakh, the reality of China is exposed. India has devised a great Hybrid strategy to deal with china which works on putting a very strong defense, forming an International coalition against china, economic measures to block china is participating in Business and deprive china from a huge market of middle class and military coalition (At least in term of supplying weapons as and when required). This is a master stroke and it seems that China is clueless against this multipronged hybrid approach and doesn't know what to do. I am sure that this policy of India will be studied and praised by strategic thinkers when they will seat down and study.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles