India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimih

Country flag
China has recently released rare details about Sino-Indian negotiations. According to China's habits, this is a shift in Chinese policy.
Who cares? China is all talk and no action.

Once brass falls to the ground with a clink-clink sound and bodybags returning to mainland China, the day CCP will execute Xi Jinping and his inner circle members. The day is not so far.

mokoman

Country flag
What rare details?
we asked chinese to move back from PP15

from the video someone else posted , problem is if u go north from there , u reach chinese galwan strong hold and then from there eventually the galwan valley but from behind.

which is militarily good for us , bad for them.

so chinese said "LOL NO"

we probably also asked them to move back in yjunc as well . i guessing at this point they stopped eating the octopus and just started laughing at us.

i keep thinking there has to be a limit to growling , but no limit . keep growling - begging - more talks.

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
we asked chinese to move back from PP15

from the video someone else posted , problem is if u go north from there , u reach chinese galwan strong hold and then from there eventually the galwan valley but from behind.

which is militarily good for us , bad for them.

so chinese said "LOL NO"

we probably also asked them to move back in yjunc as well . i guessing at this point they stopped eating the octopus and just started laughing at us.

i keep thinking there has to be a limit to growling , but no limit . keep growling - begging - more talks.
Really surprising after releasing pics and aggressive statements (sort of threats) from their official mouthpiece, we have just released that 1 regular presser?

The Shrike

Country flag
If I’m not wrong it is also the opinion of @Hellfire, and some other vets also have questioned it (apart from the great Saurab Jha ;) ) . I am also coming to the same conclusion.
Now if our aim was limited to just get the PLA off the F3/F4 ridge then it was a success. However if it was a gambit to get the Chinese to deescalate the whole situation, then it has failed, not only are they still deployed in the region, they have brought in even more forces. IMO it was the latter, Snow leopard was a large op with multiple brigades involved, happening over ~80km salient, and opening up the southern bank of Pangong So - basically a high risk move to force the Chinese to start a fight proper of retreat. The Op itself was successful with Chinese finding themselves in a tactically disadvantageous position, but they were able to negotiate their way out of it - they retreated from the front lines but are still not de inducted so they can come back once again and try their luck.
In any negotiations we need leverage, Op Snow leopard leverage has been used up, and just stationing a large number of troops in the area or having to brave the winter does not seem to have incentivised them, so we need something new.
I think in hindsight, pulling back from Kailash range will seem like another "Masterstroke" like the Balakot strike, we took the initiative at the start but did not have the balls to take it to its logical conclusion. Now the Chinese have got out of a sticky position, settled (for the time being) the less significant areas with buffer zones (some that are more in our territory) and have refused to negotiate in areas where it does not make sense for them.

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
View attachment 114383
A screenshot from CCTV footage shows Chinese army tank exercises in the Karakoram. Photo: Handout

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/mil...s-tank-drills-indian-border-ladakh-talks-fail

I wonder how the Chinese think they can contain the reaction to their provocations. A few skirmishes can be contained... but, if tanks or rockets end up being used, there is no way things can be contained.

Considering their belligerence, we should not trust the NFU by Chinese. Hope GoI has made sure of chain of command for such an possibility.
A tank regiment in Xinjiang, the older 88A tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles