India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

another_armchair

Country flag
Our company once exported a batch of auto parts to India. They are very talkative. During the negotiation, Indians will give a large order to lower the price, but the final order is small and cannot be paid on time.
Copies ... replicas... suits... rinse repeat.

Jaymax61

Our company once exported a batch of auto parts to India. They are very talkative. During the negotiation, Indians will give a large order to lower the price, but the final order is small and cannot be paid on time.
And what about your mysterious "Additional charges - documentation, export approval, inspection, handling fees"

Not to mention products not built to signed off specs... Bitch please.. I have seen enough of your mujra in Shanghai, Shenzhen and Guangzhou.

Even before my exit my old client decided to to just hold on all Chinese plans and diversify sourcing across Indo China.

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
And what about your mysterious "Additional charges - documentation, export approval, inspection, handling fees"

Not to mention products not built to signed off specs... Bitch please.. I have seen enough of your mujra in Shanghai, Shenzhen and Guangzhou.

Even before my exit my old client decided to to just hold on all Chinese plans and diversify sourcing across Indo China.
I think of a past story I heard from my boss. Around 2000, Renault was preparing to choose the future production center between China and India. At that time, the Indian representative said a lot about how bright the future of India was, and the Chinese representative said a lot of truth about the Chinese economy. Development may have a soft landing, and the real estate bubble may burst. As a result, Renault chose India
Today, Renault is silent, and Volkswagen has become the world's largest automaker by relying on the Chinese market.

another_armchair

Country flag
What China does with most foreign brands.

Have not even scratched the surface here. The entire country's manufacturing base rests on designs, manufacturing processes, automated equipment handed down from the West. What follows are much cheaper counterfeits pushed into developing markets including most of Asia, South East Asia thereby undercutting and beating the original brand owner.

The past decades are rife with similar instances as above.

Another famous one - Huawei vs Nortel.
Eets ok honi, I cudn't steel ur brand so I stole ur IP. Hail CCP!

another_armchair

Country flag
I think of a past story I heard from my boss. Around 2000, Renault was preparing to choose the future production center between China and India. At that time, the Indian representative said a lot about how bright the future of India was, and the Chinese representative said a lot of truth about the Chinese economy. Development may have a soft landing, and the real estate bubble may burst. As a result, Renault chose India
Today, Renault is silent, and Volkswagen has become the world's largest automaker by relying on the Chinese market.
Ever heard of Hyundai Motors which set shop in 1996?

Ford Motors entered India in 1995. They packed off.

How is it that both Hyundai and Ford make awful cars ,simply ignore feed back from their customers yet Hyundai continues to grow while Ford sinks deeper?

Last edited by a moderator:

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Ever heard of Hyundai Motors which set shop in 1996?

Ford Motors entered India in 1995. They packed off.

How is it that both Hyundai and Ford make awful cars ,simply ignore feed back from their customers yet Hyundai continues to grow while Ford sinks deeper?
Korean cars are about to be driven out of the Chinese market by Chinese brands

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaymax61

I ll give you another story from a Punjabi bizman whom I used to meet for drinks after work.

He wanted to place a recurring order for luggage pieces - you know the 3 piece sets with his own branding.

He was struggling to maintain quality and hence was there few weeks each quarter to randomly test pieces from his lot. If more than 40 pieces per 500 had problems he rejected the lot. (He wanted 10% the chinese guy pushed back they settled on 40).

He bought close to 5000 pieces, threw away close to 500 (which meant he ate the cost). He did not lose any money but he now buys largely from Thailand where the options are less but the bad pieces are like 10 in a 1000

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
and the real reason is Angela merkel:truestory:

Jaymax61

What China does with most foreign brands.

Have not even scratched the surface here. The entire country's manufacturing base rests on designs, manufacturing processes, automated equipment handed down from the West. What follows are much cheaper counterfeits pushed into developing markets including most of Asia, South East Asia thereby undercutting and beating the original brand owner.

The past decades are rife with similar instances as above.

Another famous one - Huawei vs Nortel.
Eets ok honi, I cudn't steel ur brand so I stole ur IP. Hail CCP!
I call BS on this. The joys of modern ERP and Supply Chain systems is I can predict with a very low error margin how much chips I have issued to you, how much boards you got. You cannot build more.

What happens usually is - items that fail the manufacturers diagnostic and are a potential fail they are not sent out and are meant to be destroyed. Those ones are sold in India and other markets in the grey market. Failing a diagnostic means there is a >30% chance the product will fail in year 1. Issuing a replacement costs more money. Its cheaper to destroy the bad item. But they are not destroyed but rather passed on to sellers who export them.

Which is why your friends grey market phone works for years like the original but the one you get dies in 3 days.

another_armchair

Country flag
I call BS on this. The joys of modern ERP and Supply Chain systems is I can predict with a very low error margin how much chips I have issued to you, how much boards you got. You cannot build more.

What happens usually is - items that fail the manufacturers diagnostic and are a potential fail they are not sent out and are meant to be destroyed. Those ones are sold in India and other markets in the grey market. Failing a diagnostic means there is a >30% chance the product will fail in year 1. Issuing a replacement costs more money. Its cheaper to destroy the bad item. But they are not destroyed but rather passed on to sellers who export them.

Which is why your friends grey market phone works for years like the original but the one you get dies in 3 days.
Say 10 years ago, when USB flash drives or the ubiquitous 'memory sticks' were in high demand, one would often find them being sold by the roadside or outside banks, atms by well dressed young men who would often push 8-16 GB drives at 30% discount. They still cost upwards of Rs. 1200.

A lot of people I know bought those USB flash drives only to plug it in and learn that it simply overwrote data once it reached 32-64 MB. These were nothing but counterfeits.

Gray electronic products have existed for decades. There was a time when I bought gray Pentium 4 processors at 30% of MRP. Same with HDD. The HDD squeaked and died one day. The processor ran for a good 3-4 years. So yes, a hit and a miss. The seller always told me if I was buying a genuine product or a gray product. If it failed within a month, he would give a replacement. No returns, no warranty beyond 30 days. Fair enough.

SCM, ERP penetration was quite low about 10-20 years ago. Even today, few take it seriously other than OEM's and big suppliers who are certified for BBP.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles