India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Shrike

Country flag
Looks like there will be disengagement at gogra hotspring , aka PP17A

anyone wanna bet what buffer zone will be like ???

yellow text IA , PLA =>> current positions , PP17A was old patrol point , red line is google LAC

View attachment 103138

😎 i think it will be , IA at 4 , PLA at 9.

@The Shrike @mist_consecutive , @Deadtrap , @Jimih , @Knowitall , @ezsasa , @FalconSlayers , @FalconZero rest of you fellas

wat u say.

i propose that winner be banned from this forum
I have found that Openstreetmaps to be a great resource, some Chinese user has helpfully added the "Chinese Claim Line May 2020 (link)". I have added the approximate claim line in yellow below (as you can see it hardly makes any sense). Going by this we are already outside or just at the edge of their claim line. I will place my bet on both sides remove their camps (as PLA also thins out their build up up river) and we agree to some restrictions on patrolling in the area - Either we both get to patrol or neither does (at least for the time being) - i.e. converting this into a "Grey Zone".
HSprings.png

Jimih

Country flag
Some Updates:

1) China has agreed to step back from PP17A, also known as the Gogra Post, but is “not inclined” to move back from PP15 or the Hot Springs area.

2) But on PP17A, there is an agreement to disengage. On PP15, China continues to insist that it is holding its own side of the Line of Actual Control (LAC),

3) The issue of Chinese ingression in the Depsang Plains and Charding-Ninglung Nallah (CNN) in the Demchok area were not discussed.

4) The disengagement at PP17A is likely to follow the process that was adopted for PP14 in the Galwan Valley and Pangong Tso where a time-frame was set for withdrawal, temporary structures were removed and a physical verification was done.

5) Platoon-sized units have been present on the Indian side of the LAC, at PP15 and PP17A, since the Galwan clashes of June last year, but the forces are no longer in an “eyeball to eyeball” confrontation.

6) Parallel to the talks, China is also engaged in pin-prick tactics. They are building permanent structures very close to the border at many places and have quickened the pace of infrastructure development on their side.

Jimih

Country flag
Depsang, they really have no incentive to pull back or agree to our demands.

Yet again the pullback can be a farce, and China is known to pull such tricks. Even during Galwan, they first agreed to resolve, then pitched a tent in the disputed area.
In 1962, they agreed to resolve issues and then suddenly attacked us in early winter.
In Depsang Plains, Chinese troops are blocking Indian soldiers from accessing their traditional patrolling limits, PP10, PP11, PP11A, PP12 and PP13.

mokoman

Country flag
I have found that Openstreetmaps to be a great resource, some Chinese user has helpfully added the "Chinese Claim Line May 2020 (link)". I have added the approximate claim line in yellow below (as you can see it hardly makes any sense). Going by this we are already outside or just at the edge of their claim line. I will place my bet on both sides remove their camps (as PLA also thins out their build up up river) and we agree to some restrictions on patrolling in the area - Either we both get to patrol or neither does (at least for the time being) - i.e. converting this into a "Grey Zone".
View attachment 103191
nice dude , :( we got kicked out , like in galwan and pangong tso.

would be interesting to see where they move back too.

The Shrike

Country flag
Some Updates:

1) China has agreed to step back from PP17A, also known as the Gogra Post, but is “not inclined” to move back from PP15 or the Hot Springs area.

2) But on PP17A, there is an agreement to disengage. On PP15, China continues to insist that it is holding its own side of the Line of Actual Control (LAC),

3) The issue of Chinese ingression in the Depsang Plains and Charding-Ninglung Nallah (CNN) in the Demchok area were not discussed.

4) The disengagement at PP17A is likely to follow the process that was adopted for PP14 in the Galwan Valley and Pangong Tso where a time-frame was set for withdrawal, temporary structures were removed and a physical verification was done.

5) Platoon-sized units have been present on the Indian side of the LAC, at PP15 and PP17A, since the Galwan clashes of June last year, but the forces are no longer in an “eyeball to eyeball” confrontation.

6) Parallel to the talks, China is also engaged in pin-prick tactics. They are building permanent structures very close to the border at many places and have quickened the pace of infrastructure development on their side.
Can some one post locations of PP17A and PP15, just want to reconfirm what I have, TIA.

Mantospace

Country flag
Serious Issue

Indian Army busts a massive conspiracy involving China's PLA and Arunachal youths. Reportedly, the PLA plans to recruit Arunachal youths at the cost of sacks along the areas surrounding India-China border. More details on this awaited.

It means chineze trying to revive terrorism, india also need reciprocate in same way.

Mantospace

Country flag
If we see whole process is india getting benefit from disengagement or we loosing our terittory rights ?

Jimih

Country flag
The Chinese Xi Xinping, like Chairman Mao before him, is trying to propose himself as an object of worship worthier than God.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles