India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

omaebakabaka

In mountain warfare manpads are best sam due to it's light weight and small crew can handle it.manpads can easily be brought upto mountain heights and easily take down jets taking advantage of mountain heights
Medium range and short range sam system are less effective due to mountains barrier most of radar don't work properly. For these type of sam we need flat land for for operation. Aircraft can easily do mountain screening and easily target these sam system .
qrsam will be also effective in mountain since weigh less and have quich reaction time.
Akash will be only used to protect strategic targets like hq, airbase, alg, etc
I think they are almost useless against modern jets with counter measures....helis also could be hit and miss depending on their counter measures but they are generally vulnerable

ladder

Country flag
have this

I would have liked a better source but anyways....

Now let's take a hypothetical scenario, Akash NG has SSKP of 95%. But you want KP of 97%. How many would you fire?

So my question is what is the magical SSKP beyond which I don't need to salvo/ ripple fire?

Also what is the per unit cost of one missile of Akash 1, Akash NG or for that matter MRSAM/LRSAM.

THESIS THORON

Country flag
I would have liked a better source but anyways....

Now let's take a hypothetical scenario, Akash NG has SSKP of 95%. But you want KP of 97%. How many would you fire?

So my question is what is the magical SSKP beyond which I don't need to salvo/ ripple fire?

Also what is the per unit cost of one missile of Akash 1, Akash NG or for that matter MRSAM/LRSAM.
you initially asked where it is stated aakash ng has kp of greater than 90%. I have stated the source

now you are asking that "Now let's take a hypothetical scenario, Akash NG has SSKP of 95%. But you want KP of 97%. How many would you fire?"

you will fire 2 to get that kp, but you can make many hypothetical scenarios like this. This does not mean that you will not do advancement in your tech. Like akaash ng will destroy the target for which we need kp of 92 or 93 but when you will use akaash then you have to salvo launch. At this time which is more economical??
like this you can say that every missile is not economical after certain limit.

then you are asking that "So my question is what is the magical SSKP beyond which I don't need to salvo/ ripple fire?"

well this is pure nonsense question, my ans will be 100% but that is not technically feasible with current tech.

ladder

Country flag
you initially asked where it is stated aakash ng has kp of greater than 90%. I have stated the source

now you are asking that "Now let's take a hypothetical scenario, Akash NG has SSKP of 95%. But you want KP of 97%. How many would you fire?"

you will fire 2 to get that kp, but you can make many hypothetical scenarios like this. This does not mean that you will not do advancement in your tech. Like akaash ng will destroy the target for which we need kp of 92 or 93 but when you will use akaash then you have to salvo launch. At this time which is more economical??
like this you can say that every missile is not economical after certain limit.

then you are asking that "So my question is what is the magical SSKP beyond which I don't need to salvo/ ripple fire?"

well this is pure nonsense question, my ans will be 100% but that is not technically feasible with current tech.
😁 Keep following that youtube guy and post the gist of his video here for our service.
If you would copy paste after understanding, it would have been good for you. Otherwise who am I to say no. POST AWAY DEAR IN ALL CAPS.....

THESIS THORON

Country flag
😁 Keep following that youtube guy and post the gist of his video here for our service.
If you would copy paste after understanding, it would have been good for you. Otherwise who am I to say no. POST AWAY DEAR IN ALL CAPS.....
aah c'mon man I have just started learning about defence related topics, I come here to learn not to give. And caps thing is due to touch typing which I have just started learning it will improve in coming months.
:smile::smile::smile:

ladder

Country flag
aah c'mon man I have just started learning about defence related topics, I come here to learn not to give. And caps thing is due to touch typing which I have just started learning it will improve in coming months.
:smile::smile::smile:
If you really want to learn check @porky_kicker , @Chinmoy and @IndianHawk 's and many other's post on this topic in DRDO thread.
Alternatively you can visit BR as well.

mokoman

Country flag
Got some new sat images.

PLA forward most post in Depsang - y junction , its the small structure in left side middle of image , at base of mountain terrain.

Guessing PLA forward post since road on right going to camp is from chinese side. The dirt track road goes all the way back to their large military complex 20 km north east .

the tiny black things maybe solar panels.

Left is India , right is China , our border patrols used to travel along this path from left to right until 2013,
when they started blocking our patrols , now they seem to have build a post.

pub_raki_nala_start_c.png_stripped.jpg

Was looking at old sat images in that area, turns out this new post was build in jun last year ,atleast before jun 18.Doesnt look like it was there before jun , maybe build after june galwan clash.

:hmm: funny thng is it doesnt look like your typical PLA post , they cover most forward post structures with a red net (like one below) . making it very clearly visible on sat imagery , looks like "if" this is a PLA post , they want to keep it low key.

Z2gyn1b3lx07MMc8EtSE01041201qQES0E010.mp4-00_01_00.640.jpg_stripped.jpg

PLA large military complex 20 km north east . Most of the structures below was build in last year.

pla_base_pub.png_c.png_stripped.jpg

:dude: really want to know what our next move is . _IF_ that post is PLA then its serious escalation , plus the dirt road and this large complex means it could lead to another pangong tso finger like situation in future.

i checked peaks around y junc in depsang , cant really see any our fellows holding anything.
maybe i missed something or it may be not be visible.

looks like they are basically taking over area in slow motion.step by step , each step too minor to cause a strong reaction from our side.

mokoman

Country flag
@mokoman @mist_consecutive Any option to check live satellite images @ ngari and Hotan airbase. Checked out Google earth found 4 J11s, but it should be old. some of the twitter handles reported almost 20 fighters involved in the exercise.

i think they deployed it months back.

can see their jets lined up on google earth too.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
@mokoman @mist_consecutive Any option to check live satellite images @ ngari and Hotan airbase. Checked out Google earth found 4 J11s, but it should be old. some of the twitter handles reported almost 20 fighters involved in the exercise.
Don't expect catching fighter jets in satellite images, they keep rotating and onto base they will be kept under HAS.

Got some new sat images.

PLA forward most post in Depsang - y junction , its the small structure in left side middle of image , at base of mountain terrain.

Guessing PLA forward post since road on right going to camp is from chinese side. The dirt track road goes all the way back to their large military complex 20 km north east .

the tiny black things maybe solar panels.

Left is India , right is China , our border patrols used to travel along this path from left to right until 2013,
when they started blocking our patrols , now they seem to have build a post.

View attachment 93787

Was looking at old sat images in that area, turns out this new post was build in jun last year ,atleast before jun 18.Doesnt look like it was there before jun , maybe build after june galwan clash.

:hmm: funny thng is it doesnt look like your typical PLA post , they cover most forward post structures with a red net (like one below) . making it very clearly visible on sat imagery , looks like "if" this is a PLA post , they want to keep it low key.

View attachment 93790

PLA large military complex 20 km north east . Most of the structures below was build in last year.

View attachment 93794

:dude: really want to know what our next move is . _IF_ that post is PLA then its serious escalation , plus the dirt road and this large complex means it could lead to another pangong tso finger like situation in future.

i checked peaks around y junc in depsang , cant really see any our fellows holding anything.
maybe i missed something or it may be not be visible.

looks like they are basically taking over area in slow motion.step by step , each step too minor to cause a strong reaction from our side.
Dude can you check one thing, I looked at Y-junc images from Sentinel of today, seems like there is Chinese buildup (red tents), cannot positively verify because the hills around that area are also red.

We also seems to have erected 1-2 tents forward towards Y-junc.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Weekly satellite image newsletter directly from Eastern Ladakh -

Indian -
  • First time since last year, there is an increase in buildup in backward areas/basecamps in Ladakh (Nyoma). What it means is we are pushing more men & material to be acclimatized, they will be probably moved to forward locations in the coming weeks.
  • Slow buildup in north Pangong Tso. I have my reason to believe we have moved tanks/armoured vehicles like last year.
  • A slight increase, but more like solidifying positions in Galwan (roads and bridges).
  • Depsang/Murgo, a slight increase. Nothing significant.
Chinese -
  • Their buildup in back areas continue. Including Gogra, Depsang and Pangong Tso
  • Some troops being pushed in front (little east of Sirijap) in Pangong Tso, also their base at Sirijap keeps in getting bigger.
  • They seem to be a buildup at Y-junction. We have reciprocated weakly (at least to satellite imagery, but then we don't have flashy red tents). @mokoman please confirm.

mokoman

Country flag
Don't expect catching fighter jets in satellite images, they keep rotating and onto base they will be kept under HAS.

Dude can you check one thing, I looked at Y-junc images from Sentinel of today, seems like there is Chinese buildup (red tents), cannot positively verify because the hills around that area are also red.

We also seems to have erected 1-2 tents forward towards Y-junc.
best hi res image i can get for that area is from may 15,

daily images i only can get from planet.com , but they look like crap , worse than sentinel.

🤷‍♂️ hav to wait 3 weeks , but ill see if i can get anything clear from planet.com

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Weekly satellite image newsletter directly from Eastern Ladakh -

Indian -
  • First time since last year, there is an increase in buildup in backward areas/basecamps in Ladakh (Nyoma). What it means is we are pushing more men & material to be acclimatized, they will be probably moved to forward locations in the coming weeks.
  • Slow buildup in north Pangong Tso. I have my reason to believe we have moved tanks/armoured vehicles like last year.
  • A slight increase, but more like solidifying positions in Galwan (roads and bridges).
  • Depsang/Murgo, a slight increase. Nothing significant.
Chinese -
  • Their buildup in back areas continue. Including Gogra, Depsang and Pangong Tso
  • Some troops being pushed in front (little east of Sirijap) in Pangong Tso, also their base at Sirijap keeps in getting bigger.
  • They seem to be a buildup at Y-junction. We have reciprocated weakly (at least to satellite imagery, but then we don't have flashy red tents). @mokoman please confirm.
build up on the north☝, build up on the west👇.

mokoman

Country flag
best hi res image i can get for that area is from may 15,

daily images i only can get from planet.com , but they look like crap , worse than sentinel.

🤷‍♂️ hav to wait 3 weeks , but ill see if i can get anything clear from planet.com
Found our forward post at y junction , its behind google LAC , its been there since atleast september , probably june.

:hmm: if there is a face off , it will be visible in next 2 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles