India among 128 nations to vote in support of UN resolution against U.S. decision on Jerusalem

AnantS

Country flag
Add another bad move by Modi.

But I think it could be because either bunch of muslim countries asked for return favor (for ICJ support) or India has asked for support for some cause in UN for future

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Add another bad move by Modi.

But I think it could be because either bunch of muslim countries asked for return favor (for ICJ support) or India has asked for support for some cause in UN for future
It's the Oil factor nothing else.

aystle

Country flag
Lol, China will Never do this mistake.. otherwise India have the Taipei, honkong, Tibeat cards..
Modi is only interested in barking during Election rallies.

And Sushma Swaraj saving sole hunter missionaries abroad.

What a shame.

Do you think world will support us if tomorrow China declares Kashmir independent territory ?.................................... Modi will lose his heels going door to door begging for support.

The world has now entered era of post Crimea annexation. The myth of multi polar world has shattered and its all about power that can look after its own interests by force. Rest of the mental gymnastics at UN comes late.

Not resolving Issues like Palestine and Kashmir by arbitration or force is only strengthening Islamist world and rogue Communist China where Russia will simple opt out or most probably side with them.

UN and its Left leaning powerful western members are waiting for us to reach a break point where we yield to pressures, insurgencies and then compromise. This is the same reason these matters have been not solved for last 70 years at UN.

Look what we have done even after winning 3 wars. Now Pakistan has become nuclear monster and our government is clapping on its stupidity of not support USA and Israel. By not supporting we have actually given legitimacy to Pakistan as a party.

We must learn to use use words carefully. Pakistan is not a PARTY and Kashmir is not a DISPUTE. They are the aggressors who must be chase out.

If Geo-Politics is fluid then we could have easily changed the course given supporting USA on this had become counter productive. Far seeing things in advance using same pink Nehruvian spectacles is not long term contingency but lack of understanding of current drifts.

Also it reflects our weakness on Kashmir when we should have been unapologetic about our stand. Heck same Modi and party used to sound hawkish now 'Purring' when real message and signals were ought to be sent.

HeinzGud

Country flag
Forget India, US treaty allies such as UK, France, Germany and even Japan voted in favour of this resolution. Maybe everyone is just fed up with Trump's absolute stupidity. yeh president is an absolute mockery of the both American democracy and the rules based order that past US presidents have so craftily created.

He may end up destroying the image of the US as an effective power.
I thought he would make a difference after all being an outsider to politics. But, now he seems to be stupider than the rest of the hardcore politicians.

Bharat Ek Khoj

This guy is no real PM. I laugh everytime i read his tweet on kim jong un
"Why would Kim Jong-un insult me by calling me "old," when I would NEVER call him "short and fat?"

Indian Sniper.001

Country flag
He may end up destroying the image of the US as an effective power.
I really wish he does so. For far long they have had the hegemony.

jerusalem is a part of Israel then how come it became an international issue?

The day you build Ram Mandir in Ayodhya, Pakistan will take the issue in UN
Please tell me you are kidding.

Indians screwed up by not abstaining from this trap. I hope there were some undisclosed benefits offered for doing this. (I highly doubt though). May be Mr. Modi got scared of Muslim nations.
Yes.. yes the Mudi has got scared of Muslim nations. They had threatened to nuke us into oblivion if we had voted against them.

Yes, as a friend and a close ally of Israel, in the perfect world India would have abstained. But is it a perfect world? Geopolitics is not what we see, it is what happens behind doors. We can always try to decipher what has happened, or why such a decision has been taken, but we may/may not be close to what might be the actual reason.
When we raise the Palestinian issue, it is not a stand-alone country, it has got the huge might of the muslim world against it, and dare I say a support from a few or major European powers itself. Palestine has always backed Pakistan, and Israel has always backed India, and we can never forget that, but we always forget the major point that Israel in particular has nothing to do with Pakistan per se. In geopolitics, no one is a true friend, nor an enemy, it is all a matter of convenience. Israel has been a friend of India, and they want us equally as much as we want them. India is one of the biggest market for Israel and buyers of their weapons.
When we say India should have abstained from the vote, it is not equal to not voting against US, and that's what ME wanted us to do. First off, they are the biggest oil suppliers to us. And off late, they are buying our defence weapons or should I say, they want us to export our weapons to them. So does anyone here want us to miss that offer. Well, Israel knows our govt.'s limitations, and this they have known for some time, in fact, the decision of not voting in favor of Jerusalem would have been conveyed in advance to them.
And also, I don't have to tell you about Iran's enmity with Israel. One wrong move from our side and we might lose Chabahar. We almost every other day discuss about the potential threat Cheena is to us, and what would happen if they set their foothold there? Think before outraging. Weigh the scale.
We have to do some things for fulfilling our domestic needs, we haven't transcended above it yet.

desicanuk

The Nehru-Congress amateurs and their chelas must be in charge at MEA.No wonder Indian foreign policy is all f _ _kd up.No wait.Do we have a foreign policy.It seems Indian foreign policy is to please all and sundry at all the time.Needless to say we end up loosing any friends we have.In this case Israel.Arabs and Iranians are
not and never will be friendly towards India.They are just using us.Muslim countries will never support infidel
nation like India.For India to vote against the resolution is unforgivable.GOI betrayed Israel just as they betrayed Tibet when chacha acquiesced to PRC annexation of Tibet.Most of us have no idea how much
Jerusalem means to the Jewish people.Despite almost 2000 years of forced absence from what is now the land of Israel,the Jewish people never forgot Jerusalem - the eternal capital of Israel.This verse from Psalms 137:5 sums up the grief Jewish people felt upon first loosing their beloved capital.
“If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning.”

Tactical Frog

Country flag
This resolution was never for or against Israel. It was for or against Trump. Do you even realise that Trump’s main motive was to honour a promise made to his evangelical christian wing supporters?

Why India should be ashamed to vote with 128 other countries including almost every country with influence in Asia, Europe, Africa and South America ?

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod

Compersion

Country flag
and bhutan abstains and who dictates its foreign policy:biggrin2:

taking advantage from both sides
many of middle east voting yes actually have to when they are no (in color and spirit). fantastic and fascinating - i am sure we are knowing the same.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Would the Zionist jews fund India if we voted for them?
Now that is the real question?

Compersion

Country flag
Israel is surrounded by Islamic states. I would still put all my money on Israel.

But we are not playing such a game ... and people that are surrounding are dancing (and playing)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles