Imported Single Engine Fighter Jet Contest

WARREN SS

Country flag
LCA MK 1A is at par with the block 70. Sparing the F - 16 A/Bs low turn rate and lower Gs pulled, its a great munitions carrier.
No it's not

Compare the radars and

Combat radius in hi-to-hi missions payload

Low powered engine's

And more on that its only exist on paper

Kay

Country flag
No it's not

Compare the radars and

Low powered engine's

The point here is that LCA will get better with iterations. Wars are not decided on paper also.

WARREN SS

Country flag
The point here is that LCA will get better with iterations. Wars are not decided on paper also.
Tell that IAF pilots Who Flying Mig-21 till 2025

Lol Hal babus What do you know really know about them lol They not ready to stretch there work beyond 4 pm you think they can build World class aircraft

You take there Words seriously Lol CAG Not

Kay

Country flag
Tell that IAF pilots Who Flying Mig-21 till 2025

Lol Hal babus What do you know really know about them lol They not ready to stretch there work beyond 4 pm you think they can build World class aircraft

You take there Words seriously Lol CAG Not
If that is really the problem, the solution need not be buying foreign planes. As I said multiple times before, production can be ramped up with more assembly lines and private industry can be roped in for Tejas production.

WARREN SS

Country flag
If that is really the problem, the solution need not be buying foreign planes.
Yes it If that suits the Purpose To take on PLAAF might

Security is First concern than Aviation industry Our Pilots Deserve best what available to us Weather indigenous or foreign

Even if We have to buy 150 F-16s blk 70 for next 2-3 decades Its Suits the purpose To take on PLAAF Might

Kay

Country flag
Yes it If that suits the Purpose To take on PLAAF might

Security is First concern than Aviation industry Our Pilots Deserve best what available to us Weather indigenous or foreign

Even if We have to buy 150 F-16s blk 70 for next 2-3 decades Its Suits the purpose To take on PLAAF Might
Weapons do not win a war alone... soldiers do...and logistics, economy are extremely important...there is a good reason PLAAF is building its fighters. .and also we have regularly beaten weapons with better specs on paper. . indigenous weapons means less worrying about logistics...not having indigenous weapons compromises our national security..the Iranian F14 pilots will vouch for this...

WARREN SS

Country flag
indigenous weapons means less worrying about logistics.
Like Arjun , And Insas

It today's world all are totally interdependent others No one truly claim there product indigenous Not even US

I don't know our fetish about indigenous even if its substandard Which LCA is right now Sorry to say until ADA correct its mistakes I reserve my claims

Like I too Prefer BMW over Maruti swift its all about taste And performance

AmoghaVarsha

Country flag
other then tcs and tata steel , all other tata group companies are in lose , the debt burden on them is too high and will hamper their position against LM.......also they are too ethical when it comes to adoptation....

i have more confidence in adani....
Can you mention which Tata companies are in loss?Some losses in couple of quarters may be.LM is nowhere near the Tata Group.

TCS alone has a market cap of 72bn usd LM group whole is capped at 86bn.Add Just tata motors and tata steel mcap and see which is bigger.

FactsPlease

Country flag
A friend at Loheygaon airforce base, currently undergoing combat jet training has said to me and I quote, "we aren't ready yet, cause there aren't many birds fit enough to take up a war", and in his own words and I quote again, "Tejas was inducted in the IAF to make some of the top brasses, and people higher on the food chain happy, we at IAF think it's just an hour of the need, it's no special plane at all, but a indigenous manufacturing have high hope for us in future".
I wonder why your quote was skipped, NOT arousing enough attention. As far as I can see, this quote is critical to several assumptions here people deemed
1) It says how even young IAF pilots think of LCA. While many members here can't wait to shoot IAF top brass under treason charge, and based on which think all India need is more production lines of LCA, instead acquiring F16 (or other single engine crafts) . But young pilots' perception is telling another story.
The famous quote "if you don't want rotten apple, go to the apple tree. Forget the barrel!!".
But here we saw even young pilots regard LCA "...think it's just an hour of the need". Means it's totally contrary to what most members think only IAF top brass try to discourage LCA.
2) The hope is "in future". In this case, means India may not have too many choices "right now".
As a foreigner (and also someone who deem Canada defense industry prone to USA MIC abuse), I wholeheartedly agree that India should build up its self-reliance. However, as a son of veteran, I also want to stress on fulfilling the needs of first-line combatant - easy: it's they are risking their lives. They have every right to ask for best equipment.
I don't think I need to go further. The conclusion is clear there!!

mayfair

^^So as per this hearsay, a couple of pilots claim that "we at IAF think it's just an hour of the need, it's no special plane at all, but a indigenous manufacturing have high hope for us in future".

Do they speak for the entire airforce?

Have they handled the plane themselves? As far as I know, Lohegaon does not even have a Tejas squadron.

All our fighter planes are imported and if there are not enough planes ready for a war then what's so special about the imported maal?

Krusty

Country flag
Like I too Prefer BMW over Maruti swift
OT: swift is Japanese. Man don't mess up when trying to make a serious point. It becomes hilarious :)

Coming to your point, if you can afford BMWs then by all means, go ahead. But the majority can't, so swift it is.

Last edited:

Krusty

Country flag
^^So as per this hearsay, a couple of pilots claim that "we at IAF think it's just an hour of the need, it's no special plane at all, but a indigenous manufacturing have high hope for us in future".

Have they handled the plane themselves? As far as I know, Lohegaon does not even have a Tejas squadron.

All our fighter planes are imported and if there are not enough planes ready for a war then what's so special about the imported maal?
Saaar no one is talking about the Long term fix. The situation is a result of slack from our side. That is not being targetted for a fix. Instead we have boxed ourselves in a situation where the F16 is the only option. Is the root cause for this squadron depletion being targeted? No. again they want fooraan maal. And the people who do passionately for it will hang their faces in shame when LCA goes the Arjun way. And eventually in an other 30/40 years like an oscillating wave, we will be back to square 1 where the IAF will complain about depleted squadrons and ask for the latest Amreeki/Roosi maal and the babus of HAL will be busy sketching AMCA MK2....

Filtercoffee

Country flag
No it's not

Compare the radars and

Low powered engine's

Your point and problem is it's not upgraded as much is it? Please wait for some great new reveals for the short comings stated by you. I am convinced my point is fact. Further waiting will prove it.

FactsPlease

Country flag

Sure they do not. You do...:bounce:

Sarcastic aside, I'm pointing out a basic fact: young pilot (at least one) is questioning LCA. So it's not just IAF top brass as people claimed. The only legitimate argument will be ratio of young guns welcome it (or not).

Krusty

Country flag
That's how we started our IT journey. Now we are offered same in this sector also.

@Krusty @mayfair
Trust me when I say this, our IT industry is a joke and is headed for a crash. We do not offer anything great interms of quality and innovation. We do the maintenance job far too cheap. When someone else comes along who can do it cheaper our IT industry will collapse. BTW china has already started making inroads and so is Philippines. Not to mention countries are starting to wake up and putting the needs of their citizens first. Our IT industry is headed for some very bad times.

It is again just cheap screwdriver tech. What IT company do we have that can challenge Microsoft/Oracle/SAP/Computer associates/Salesforce/Google/Apple ? Absolutely nothing. I have a many more in mind.

Reactions: Kay

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
Trust me when I say this, our IT industry is a joke and is headed for a crash. We do not offer anything great interms of quality and innovation. We do the maintenance job far too cheap. When someone else comes along who can do it cheaper out IT industry will collapse. BTW china has already started making inroads and so is Philippines. Not to mention countries are starting to wake up and putting the needs of their citizens first. Our IT industry is headed for some very bad times.

It is again just cheap screwdriver tech. What IT company do we have that can challenge Microsoft/oracle/SAP/Computer associates/Salesforce/Google/Apple ? Absolutely nothing. I have a many more in mind.
All starts with baby steps. We have no knowledge about computers just two decades back.
What we achieved so far is without institutional support from our country. It is all individual excellence.

I think it is enough progress considering the situation. Only ignorant Indian thinks India is best out there.

Krusty

Country flag
All starts with baby steps. We have no knowledge about computers just two decades back.
What we achieved so far is without institutional support from our country. It is all individual excellence.

I think it is enough progress considering the situation. Only ignorant Indian thinks India is best out there.
Nope. We had benchmarked our own Super computer in Zurich back in 1991. Oh we had the ability. Then businesses found easy money in providing screwdriver support. Which eventually became the industry trend. Now it's a rot. This isn't Baby steps anymore. The danger facing the IT industry is very real..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles