Idiotic Sinking state of Bangladesh

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Very good data analysis and backed by credible sources.

I would suggest to add per capita steel consumption also. India is 5 times that of Bangladesh. Also, corruption index ranking to show how corrupt the country is to provide credence to the fact that their data collection system is fudged.
Yes, I’ll add it.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Very good data analysis and backed by credible sources.

I would suggest to add per capita steel consumption also. India is 5 times that of Bangladesh. Also, corruption index ranking to show how corrupt the country is to provide credence to the fact that their data collection system is fudged.
Yes, I’ll add it.
Updated

Longewala

Country flag

Crazywithmath

Country flag
What does their long term outlook look like?
Beyond 2030.
Lower middle income trap maybe? TBH there is very little work on BD economy. As harsh it might sound; no one really cares much about them. This is the reason you will find occasional anti-establishment Indian columnists hyping them up but no serious analysis on them or what their nation will be, like 20 years from now?

Their TFR is well below 2 and in another 8 years their population will start stagnating and yet their ECI rank is abysmally poor and their market is still heavily tariff protected. It is 2021 and they have one of the most tariff protected economy in the whole of developing Asia. But does anyone care? No! They are too busy celebrating their economic 'success'!

Their economic data is fudged on such a massive level that they do not even measure quarterly GDP! IMF and WB accuse them of manipulating GDP numbers. Apart from a bunch of Bloomberg columnists literally nobody takes their GDP numbers seriously! Does anybody care? No!

A fast developing economy starts delivering on many fronts. It starts innovating, conducts high end research works, diversifies industrial base to make the economy more and more risk averse. A growing economy establishes its own entertainment industry, educational institutions, churns out world class athletes and commercializes sports, extends soft power across the globe. What are the rankings of Bangladeshi universities? Where are their research papers? Where is their soft power? Where are their Olympic medals? Does the Bangladeshi Government care? No, not much. Do the people care? Idk.

A developing nation requires massive infrastructure upgradation. It needs freeways, subway systems, semi high speed/ high speed railways, new airports, massive townships, giant special economic zones and what not! Bangladeshi infra projects are fucked on so many different levels that I cannot even sum up. I still remember that discussion where folks here pointed out that per km cost of construction of a certain single track railway bridge over some river there was coming up to be more than those of Delhi-Meerut RRTS and Mumbai-Ahmedabad HSR. Does the BD Government even care? Who knows! Do the people even know? Nope!

Honestly Idk why we even discuss on their economy. If truly meaningful discussions are to be held then do it on Indonesia, Vietnam or Ph. If lessons are to be learnt then do it from the previous Asian tigers - Japan, Korea, Taiwan, PRC, Malaysia. Why even bring BD here?

Last edited:

Adrian Corvus

Country flag
Updated
Great article!!
Here's a suggestion: at the start of the article, can you mention, why a analysis is needed for the average readers, as in how their data seems to be fudged and even IMF subtly accused them of data doctoring and hence comparing their performance in these fields is necessary.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Great article!!
Here's a suggestion: at the start of the article, can you mention, why a analysis is needed for the average readers, as in how their data seems to be fudged and even IMF subtly accused them of data doctoring and hence comparing their performance in these fields is necessary.
Corruption part, and I’ll add their data fudging as well.

Crazywithmath

Country flag
How many cars do they even buy annually? Srinagar city mein Bangladesh se zyada gadiya bikti hai saalana.
View attachment 104818
Lmao
View attachment 104819
Tell him that KTM is partly Indian and some of its parts are designed and manufactured in India.
Edit: Do not bother. Bangladeshi 2nd gen immigrants are mostly ignorant and knows very little about the subcontinent, personal experience.

Last edited:

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
How many cars do they even buy annually? Srinagar city mein Bangladesh se zyada gadiya bikti hai saalana.
View attachment 104818
Lmao
View attachment 104819
Mahindra Branch company just catering to the Canadian market, they sell mostly utility vehicles
The same for Tata, but they sell actual vehicles
This particular one is very interesting
defence-combat support vehicles
Bajaj
Hero Motocorp just launched in US and Canada 7 years ago

Royal Enfield 💓
In Latin America the brand is fast growing as well, hitting new records months after months and with actual sales up an impressive +120.5%, booming in Brazil, Argentina and Colombia.

Sales are going up even in North America, Asia, Pacific

but yes, the poor Kanglu is probably washing toilets there, so makes sense to not have acquainted with anything

But I'm sure vehicles made by Bhaaltonnnnnn is selling like hot cakes in North America, Latin America and Europe

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Mahindra Branch company just catering to the Canadian market, they sell mostly utility vehicles
The same for Tata, but they sell actual vehicles
This particular one is very interesting
defence-combat support vehicles
Bajaj
Hero Motocorp just launched in US and Canada 7 years ago

Royal Enfield 💓
In Latin America the brand is fast growing as well, hitting new records months after months and with actual sales up an impressive +120.5%, booming in Brazil, Argentina and Colombia.

Sales are going up even in North America, Asia, Pacific

but yes, the poor Kanglu is probably washing toilets there, so makes sense to not have acquainted with anything

But I'm sure vehicles made by Bhaaltonnnnnn is selling like hot cakes in North America, Latin America and Europe
They can only scam.poor kanglus with 50 iq brains anywhere else even in poor countries people will not even fall for it

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag

Global Defence

New threads

Articles