Idiotic Musings From Firangistan

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
This is the problem with people who fundamentally don't understand India and its enemies. He has played right into the islamists hands while having good intentions. This is also related to the post I made last time about the ignorance of Indian monuments in favour of invader monuments. No other civilization has to face this trend where its own buildings are never shown by outsiders. The average normie has no clue how much damage this has done to our civilization.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag

It's another matter that those 4th year senior students would mostly be of Indian & Chinese origin.

Alhamdulillah once more
I read the report. Few strange points in their research

1) The test they used to judge software skills was a series of multiple choice questions that "does not assume knowledge of any particular type of software or programming language" in their own words. A software exam that doesn't require software knowledge. Hmm.

2) They classified students into "elite institutions" and "general institutions". Indian, Russian and Chinese males, from elite institutions such as IIT, performed not only worse than American males in this test, but American *females*. I am now extremely skeptical about what exactly this test is testing. Anyone who has spent time with Russian coder bros and IIT grads, and on the other hand seen American quotachaap females in STEM should have serious questions.

3) The research is from Stanford University, and they very carefully ensured that all the researchers in this paper were of Indian, Chinese and Russian ethnicity, to perhaps avoid racism accusations considering what the paper aims to conclude. Stanford has been up to the same nonsense as Harvard in their research quality and agenda. Which brings us back to point 1 about what exactly was this testing in the first place, which they have conveniently called software skills?

I don't doubt that Indian students from regular colleges are behind their American counterparts in software skills. But to see a paper say that Indian males from IIT and Russians and Chinese males from their elite institutions are significantly behind not only American males but also American females from their ivy leagues in software, is a bridge too far to sell.

My theory is they modeled this multiple choice test in such a way that it closely resembles whatever format they test at US universities and is unfamiliar to the students from the other three countries, to come to this conclusion. A true test would have been to give them actual software tasks and analyze the results.

Last edited:

nongaddarliberal

Country flag

1) The test they used to judge software skills was a series of multiple choice questions that "does not assume knowledge of any particular type of software or programming language" in their own words. A software exam that doesn't require software knowledge. Hmm.

2) They classified students into "elite institutions" and "general institutions". Indian, Russian and Chinese males, from elite institutions such as IIT, performed not only worse than American males in this test, but American *females*. I am now extremely skeptical about what exactly this test is testing. Anyone who has spent time with Russian coder bros and IIT grads, and on the other hand seen American quotachaap females in STEM should have serious questions.

3) The research is from Stanford University, and they very carefully ensured that all the researchers in this paper were of Indian, Chinese and Russian ethnicity, to perhaps avoid racism accusations considering what the paper aims to conclude. Stanford has been up to the same nonsense as Harvard in their research quality and agenda. Which brings us back to point 1 about what exactly was this testing in the first place, which they have conveniently called software skills?

I don't doubt that Indian students from regular colleges are behind their American counterparts in software skills. But to see a paper say that Indian males from IIT and Russians and Chinese males from their elite institutions are significantly behind not only American males but also American females from their ivy leagues in software, is a bridge too far to sell.

My theory is they modeled this multiple choice test in such a way that it closely resembles whatever format they test at US universities and is unfamiliar to the students from the other three countries, to come to this conclusion. A true test would have been to give them actual software tasks and analyze the results.
Ok, this is the outline they provide for the test they took, which is called the Major Field Test. I'm not a coder, so I'd like anyone in the software field to tell if this is a fair assessment of real world programming skills. Again, keep in mind it was in a multiple choice format.

Screenshot_20240314-052313_Drive.jpg

GaudaNaresh

Country flag

For the bolded part :
I am in my early 40s, i have been a code coolie for nearly 20 years. Last 5 years i've been in a hiring position as the 'technical interview guy'. And i have never met any IIT grad- even 22 year old ones- who knew less than me in coding.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

since obama, their govt has been trying to revive their citizen's interest in taking up STEM subject in schools, which perhaps is not happening at the levels they would want to, then there is the issue of mixed signals from their govt itself, they say they want to encourage STEM, and at the same time they keeping giving more funds to libtard agendas in academia.

as far as this study goes, it falls within their accepted norms of western comparative studies which is premised on cold war thinking i.e paint others as the bad guy to achieve own goals.anyways existence of a academic study has merit, only when it's results can be corroborated with real world data .

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Ok, this is the outline they provide for the test they took, which is called the Major Field Test. I'm not a coder, so I'd like anyone in the software field to tell if this is a fair assessment of real world programming skills. Again, keep in mind it was in a multiple choice format.

View attachment 244220
3rd year civil engineering students in my college would mog them easily, I'm still a CSE grad. Sure my college was a Tier-1 one, but still, the outcomes are questionable.

slayingheaven

Country flag
3rd year civil engineering students in my college would mog them easily, I'm still a CSE grad. Sure my college was a Tier-1 one, but still, the outcomes are questionable.
Heck even Tier-2 college guys would maul females in Stanford/Harvard CSE. Now-a-days due to democratization of Internet, even a Tier-4 collage guy had access to top notch resources, they are no longer limited by that.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles