Idiotic Musings From Firangistan

gslv markIII

Country flag
Choir singing especially the Gregorian chanting is exclusively a western classical music invention. You won't find it anywhere else in the world mostly . As far as musical styles or innovations go , how's this ?

Gregorian chant was inspired by Greek & Syriac traditions- last one is definitely Asian (From Mesopotamia/ Persia). Indianized version of the latter survives in Kerala's Syriac Churches.

Google "Agni Parthene" @Tactical Doge

Blademaster

This is the closest I can get in terms of singing style that I like.

From a poster:

Context - A woman shares with her lover how she misses him, while he is away.

English translation of the song:

Your memory hurts night and day, O beloved Peace eludes me without you Your memory hurts night and day, O beloved Now, grief peeks through (when I see myself in) the mirror Flowers bloom and fall during the separation Who can arrange (for my) Beloved to meet (me)

Verbal translation:

याद (Yaad, memory) सताये (Sataaye, bothers/hurts), दिन (Din, Day) रैना (Rainaa, Night) मितवा (Mitwaa, Friend/Beloved) हो (Ho, O) मितवा (Your) memory hurts night and day, O beloved आये (Aaye, comes) ना (Naa, not) तुझ (Tujh, you) बिन (Bin, without) चैन (Chain, peace) Peace eludes me without you झांके (peeks through) उदासी (Udaasee, grief/sadness) अब (Ab, now) दर्पण (Darpan, mirror) से (Se, from) बिरहा (Birhaa, separation from beloved) खिल (Khil, bloom) फूल (Phool, flowers) बदरसे (Badarase, fall) Flowers bloom and fall during the separation साजन (Saajan, Beloved) कौन (Kaun, who) मिलाये (Milaye, arrange to meet) Who can arrange (for my) Beloved to meet (me)

Blademaster

Choir singing especially the Gregorian chanting is exclusively a western classical music invention. You won't find it anywhere else in the world mostly . As far as musical styles or innovations go , how's this ?

There is one that I really like. It is the Death March of Andor.

Never heard of such thing before.

Dr_Deep

Country flag
Lol...imagine living in City like San Francisco as some NRI Desi Tech guy paying rent through your bloody nose with human poops on the street, daily car break ins, stores locked like this..basically law and order worse than Gurgoan, Haryana but somehow its worth it...Since Google/Microsoft or other FANG office pays a bit better than your India office etc.. I wont

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Lol...imagine living in City like San Francisco as some NRI Desi Tech guy paying rent through your bloody nose with human poops on the street, daily car break ins, stores locked like this..basically law and order worse than Gurgoan, Haryana but somehow its worth it...Since Google/Microsoft or other FANG office pays a bit better than your India office etc.. I wont
The way these people club Chinese, Vietnamese and Indian immigrants with the deadweight fake refugees that make a beeline for the West for freebies almost makes it look like they do not want to classify the problem and solve it. Ask any European and they respond "oh it's the damn immigrants". Ask them which one, they just zip it without having the guts to call it by either saying "All of them" or just not say anything at all.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles