Idiotic Musings From Firangistan

Cheran

Country flag
Amerimutt musings - First they took our jewrbs, then they stopped giving us rice...the final straw was when they emptied our stores of whatever was left.

Thats it! I'm goin to India! #Biryani #rajmachaval #pulav #curdrice #bisibelebath #pakhalabhath #lemonrice #tamrindrice #jeerarice #kuska #pongal #khichdi #coconutrice #vangibath #kashmiripulav #tomatorice #methirice #palakpulav .....
Do Gorasahebs even eat rice? THey are mostly on wheat based stuff? No?

another_armchair

Country flag
Do Gorasahebs even eat rice? THey are mostly on wheat based stuff? No?
Agree, rice is not the staple diet of most amerimutts but I thought the purpose of this thread was light headed banter.

Anyways, Amerimutts here covers all Americans regardless of color, nationality etc. so whether an Asian eats rice or an Italian eats risotto, underline remains - India supplies 25% of US rice imports and though it may not include the variety fancied by Italians, it is still significant and will not be easy to plug that shortfall overnight by sourcing the same variety though they can get the qty.

Atavistic

Country flag
Still 4.4 Million in USA is a big number. (Approx 44 lakhs NRI and OCI folks are there). In US there seems to be very limited outlets for Indians regarding purchasing desi products. This may be the reason for why this sudden hoarding is happening. Based on few experiences shared by relatives and other internet peeps.
Its not just NRIs who eats rice, there are subcontinent sullas from pakistan, Bangladesh, Afg, nepalis, chinkis, japanese and other Asian folks as well. Subcont sullas buy their desi stuff from Indian stores only. Even the middle east katuas eat alot of rice. It's not just NRIs who are hoarding rice but also the anglos.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Its not just NRIs who eats rice, there are subcontinent sullas from pakistan, Bangladesh, Afg, nepalis, chinkis, japanese and other Asian folks as well. Subcont sullas buy their desi stuff from Indian stores only. Even the middle east katuas eat alot of rice. It's not just NRIs who are hoarding rice but also the anglos.
Rice is a growing staple among muricans.
Numbers might be low but it's still significant.

Azaad

Country flag
I wonder what's wrong with Americans or Indian Americans to be more precise . GoI has temporarily banned the export of non basmati rice . I wonder how many Indians in the US consume non basmati rice & if the argument is they can't afford basmati rice , I wonder what's the point in moving to the US .

Shuturmurg

Country flag
I wonder what's wrong with Americans or Indian Americans to be more precise . GoI has temporarily banned the export of non basmati rice . I wonder how many Indians in the US consume non basmati rice & if the argument is they can't afford basmati rice , I wonder what's the point in moving to the US .
Basmati rice is not popular as daily eating rice for South Indians.

Azaad

Country flag
Nothing to do with where it's grown, people are used to eating different rice and texture, taste differs. Basmati rice probably doesn't go as well when eaten with rice, sambar . Price is not the only factor involved.
Well too bad. If it's rice & sambar some South Indians prefer in the US, time to switch to basmati now till such time as the ban is revoked.

Indrajit

Country flag
Well too bad. If it's rice & sambar some South Indians prefer in the US, time to switch to basmati now till such time as the ban is revoked.
I'm sure that's what they will do if they have to but doesn't change the fact that they don't prefer it. Texas, where a lot of Indians stay is a large rice growing state along with Louisiana. Clearly most Indians choose Indian rice because of familiarity .

Freedom Thru Firepower

Country flag
Neoaloids will thrown a tantrum and say that India is encroaching lands and won't allow us to construct a proper border.
So be it, India has right to safeguard it's border so we will fence the damn border, which will reduce the flow of non state actors in India, from little bitch Nepal.

What nepaloids gonna do about it, cry victim let them cry or military stand off with India.
I would welcome the latter one, so we can finally bitchslap them to oblivion like '67 to their sugar daddy china, whose schlong they continue to deepthroat to this day

Last edited:

Sanglamorre

Country flag
Amerimutt musings - First they took our jewrbs, then they stopped giving us rice...the final straw was when they emptied our stores of whatever was left.

Thats it! I'm goin to India! #Biryani #rajmachaval #pulav #curdrice #bisibelebath #pakhalabhath #lemonrice #tamrindrice #jeerarice #kuska #pongal #khichdi #coconutrice #vangibath #kashmiripulav #tomatorice #methirice #palakpulav .....
You know an American didn't wrote this when the tags have more dishes than just #GarlicNaan #ButterChicken #PalakPaneer

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles