IAF Mi-17V5 Crashed Near Coonoor (Tamil Nadu)-CDS Onboard

angryIndian

Country flag
We forget that there are two types of recruitments one through CDS, NDA, AFCAT.
Another trough Bharti Rally.
Difference between the two is huge one gunning for officer rank are mostly well to do families as even cracking all these exam require certain degree of resources that favour well educated folks.
Noticed this myself in SSB, kids who had good educational background would clear all rounds rather easily.
The one who get in through Rallie are from weak background, most won't even be able to afford NDA books not to mention the pedigree to clear SSD.

But all hope isn't lost Sir BiRa was the light of hope for the commoners.

This is how more Army jawans can become officers under new Bipin Rawat plan.

BiRa words.

“Many of the jawans joining the force are actually very intelligent. They could not study further because of economic and other reasons,” he said in an exclusive interview to ThePrint. “Hence their focus was to get a job and (they) joined the Army. I strongly feel that if these people are encouraged and trained well, they can make it to the officers level.”

He was called Peoples General for a reason.
Becoming an officer in the Indian Army is not about getting NDA exam books or clearing the examinations alone.You need to have the officer like qualities in you.

Further even if you become an officer,life is not settled.Infact becoming an officer is beginning of an arduous journey.Apart from operational duties you will have to clear many promotional examinations and attend various courses.So you must be mentally prepared for working 14-15 hours a day non stop for months together.

daya

Country flag
We forget that there are two types of recruitments one through CDS, NDA, AFCAT.
Another trough Bharti Rally.
Difference between the two is huge one gunning for officer rank are mostly well to do families as even cracking all these exam require certain degree of resources that favour well educated folks.
Noticed this myself in SSB, kids who had good educational background would clear all rounds rather easily.
The one who get in through Rallie are from weak background, most won't even be able to afford NDA books not to mention the pedigree to clear SSD.

But all hope isn't lost Sir BiRa was the light of hope for the commoners.

This is how more Army jawans can become officers under new Bipin Rawat plan.

BiRa words.

“Many of the jawans joining the force are actually very intelligent. They could not study further because of economic and other reasons,” he said in an exclusive interview to ThePrint. “Hence their focus was to get a job and (they) joined the Army. I strongly feel that if these people are encouraged and trained well, they can make it to the officers level.”

He was called Peoples General for a reason.
No to direct recruitment. no IAS/IPS, no COs. OLQ is a very fancy word. Only a good soldier can be a good officer. Aaj se 70-80 saal pahle padhe log nahi milte the. Aaj har ghar me 4 graduate hain. Soldier bharti hona chahiye... sipahi bharti hona chahiye aur time to time course pass karke aage badhne ka mauka milna chahiye. Ek GD soldier adhiktam kahan tak pahunch sakta hai aur ek commissioner officer...

Last edited:

angryIndian

Country flag
A very trickle definition and that to becomes perpetrator of elitism.
Hence the sahayak system.
I wonder how developing officer like qualities perpetrates elitism. Being an officer requires excellent leadership skills,having a good foresight,strong willpower and determination,rational decision making abilities and having a strong knowledge base.

The fact that officers lead from the front.One slight mistake from their end can lead to loss in a battle and cost the lives of soldiers.So even if you become an officer by sheer luck and you are unable to meet upto the standards ,you will be shown the door.

Besides officers are just 3% of the Army's strength,so given that there are limited vacancies,The competition is really tough.

Now you have spoken about Sahayak system,it's sad that this archaic colonial practise continues till date and little effort has been made by the army to end it.
Unfortunately elitism exists in all section of the society and therefore no one sees it as a wrong thing.

Alfalfa

Country flag
Splendid effort , I thank all those patriots who brought these buggers to justice
Why are people after Panag man? I just dont get it... he just posted a premature RIP... he probably had the information from unofficial sources, so many of us did... I knew by around 1-30 PM he is no more....

I'm just trying to figure why all this anger directed on him thats all

Narasimh

Country flag
Why are people after Panag man? I just dont get it... he just posted a premature RIP... he probably had the information from unofficial sources, so many of us did... I knew by around 1-30 PM he is no more....

I'm just trying to figure why all this anger directed on him thats all
It was out of protocol.. when such incidents happen unless there is official confirmation it is courteous and army honor to keep the mouth shut! Either this guy has no honor, sensitivity or is down right stupid asshole . He may be a dissident of the govt and CDS but as a fellow serviceman there should be some respect. For eg, Adm Arun Prakash is also a dissident but he does not show such disregard. So it's apt that he gets a response in kind.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
It was out of protocol.. when such incidents happen unless there is official confirmation it is courteous and army honor to keep the mouth shut! Either this guy has no honor, sensitivity or is down right stupid asshole . He may be a dissident of the govt and CDS but as a fellow serviceman there should be some respect. For eg, Adm Arun Prakash is also a dissident but he does not show such disregard. So it's apt that he gets a response in kind.
He blabbered his mouth even before the next of kin were formally notified by the RM. It’s a common courtesy that is expected from all veterans and civilians. I don’t know what his intentions were but that was a very crass move.

captscooby81

Country flag
Officers like suckla swiney and ketchup col and many others who sold army secrets for few bobs and vagene or someone sitting in top and screwing his own men for political reasons ? This blanket term called officers like qualities has long past its expiry date .

Latest SSB recruitment scam has broken that myth even more .

Someone appearing for his 5th SSB and getting conference out is far far better officer than someone who made his way with using his links .

.You need to have the officer like qualities in you.

captscooby81

Country flag
We should not confuse the quality of officers with officers like Gen Bira . He was commissioned in 80s wait till another 15 years and you will see the impact of westernised mindset officers who got commission in 2010 entering the leadership level then you will see the impact.

I know people with Master degree line up for soldier recruitment rallies. So education is not any more the factor its just the cracking interview skills of SSB which needs to be polished for these small town boys .

No to direct recruitment. no IAS/IPS, no COs. OLQ is a very fancy word. Only a good soldier can be a good officer. Aaj se 70-80 saal pahle padhe log nahi milte the. Aaj har ghar me 4 graduate hain. Soldier bharti hona chahiye... sipahi bharti hona chahiye aur time to time course pass karke aage badhne ka mauka milna chahiye. Ek GD soldier adhiktam kahan tak pahunch sakta hai aur ek commissioner officer...

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Unbreakable fauji bonds.
Lt Col Harjinder Singh's wife Maj Agnes attended the funeral of Gen & Mrs Rawat 2 days ago when her own husband's body was yet to be identified.

Today, Gen Rawat's daughter's Kritika & Tarini were at the Singh home to be with Agnes & daughter Preet, 12.

1639298788764.png

https://twitter.com/rahulsinghx/status/1469949970069426177/photo/1

daya

Country flag
We should not confuse the quality of officers with officers like Gen Bira . He was commissioned in 80s wait till another 15 years and you will see the impact of westernised mindset officers who got commission in 2010 entering the leadership level then you will see the impact.

I know people with Master degree line up for soldier recruitment rallies. So education is not any more the factor its just the cracking interview skills of SSB which needs to be polished for these small town boys .
This commissioned officer system/IAS/IPS system should be abolished. One can see the discrimination and colonial behaviour clearly. Moreover they have developed a caucus so that their elite group may enjoy all the luxuries and rest be rotten. Why should all not be given a level platform? What is the problem if a soldier becomes a General? What is the problem if a commissioned officer spends 10 years in lower rank for becoming a lieutenant? Jo jis eliteness ko pahuch gaya hai wo uski entry ko restrict karna chahta hai, wo nahi chahta ki neeche se aakar koi bhi uske saamne khada ho jaaye... and yes, exceptions are everywhere.

angryIndian

Country flag
Officers like suckla swiney and ketchup col and many others who sold army secrets for few bobs and vagene or someone sitting in top and screwing his own men for political reasons ? This blanket term called officers like qualities has long past its expiry date .

Latest SSB recruitment scam has broken that myth even more .

Someone appearing for his 5th SSB and getting conference out is far far better officer than someone who made his way with using his links .
I was just mentioning about the desired qualities that the army is looking for .What the individual does after joining the services or if there is a corruption scandal in selection process is altogether a different matter.

Human nature changes with time,situation and environment. Just because someone has received the training does not mean he will remain ethical for the rest of his life.Some remain the same upright as they used to be at the time of joining while some turn to corruption and crime,few even became extremists (eg Gen Saheb Singh).

Therefore there must be checks and balances.For this firstly the culture of holding an organization as sacroscent must be put to an end and there must be an accountability at all levels.

As for SSB,Frankly speaking it has become a game of chances simply because the available candidates is exponential times the required quantity.

angryIndian

Country flag
What is the problem if a soldier becomes a General? What is the problem if a commissioned officer spends 10 years in lower rank for becoming a lieutenant? Jo jis eliteness ko pahuch gaya hai wo uski entry ko restrict karna chahta hai, wo nahi chahta ki neeche se aakar koi bhi uske saamne khada ho jaaye... and yes, exceptions are everywhere.
There is no stopping a soldier from becoming an officer if he has the will and the motivation.Many soldiers take time from their duties to study for the ACC exam.

Your proposal for everyone to start from Junior rank before becoming a commissioned officer will not work out because by the time they become one they would lost much of their prime and the motivation.

Serving in the army is not a regular 10-5 office job.It's extremely tough job that would drain you physically and mentally. This is the reason why many prefer VRS over continuing the full term.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles