IAF Mi-17V5 Crashed Near Coonoor (Tamil Nadu)-CDS Onboard

Op Kahuta

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Also I feel the Raksha Mantri should step down after this tragic fiasco
But why? It isn't like this is his fault and what will it even achieve? They are all shattered by this tragic incident as the rest of us. Please don't post such non sensical and irresponsible statements in this emotional time🙏

Last edited:

destructodisc

Country flag
hearing from sources that Naravane will take over as the next CDS but Modi Govt is known for throwing in last min surprises. Also I feel the Raksha Mantri should step down after this tragic fiasco
No one needs to step down, Neither it was Bad equipment nor any bypass of protocols would have happened. Sulur's weather was clear , so was wellington's , the classic definition of weather is that it chages very rapidly.
see the "extreme flight" documentary of IAF , there is a section in the reel which focussed on the releif OP in a remote Arunachal village. The commander took off the chopper seeing a big hole in the cloud formation - basically an opportunity for delivering supplies to locals. post the chopper was airborne they see sudden change in weather and they landed without delivering the supplies. In IAF these challenges are routine.They must have encountered bad weather suddenly and pilot must have taken decisions - and pilot decision is the one on which he can bet his life on. But still shit happens. The hero currently in ICU had the guts and brains to repel a possible tejas crash.

Roshan

Country flag
Oh man, I hope these people don't end up becoming one of the victims of misplaced anger. Indians, in general, don't care about/don't know much about LGBTQ+, but there is no sense of hatred as such. People consider it taboo and don't want to talk about it, but definitely don't want to kill them. If they continue on this path of American "F*ck you all you Nazis" narrative, they won't help their cause. Because 1) it's an American narrative not an Indian one. People don't relate to it. 2) Nazism, even by the limited educated lot who understands it, is not viewed so severely- so joke is them. Apna ✂ chalao ya ⚔ ladao, we don't care just don't insult our people
as if a phd thesis is needed to care about/ know about them. All the played but ill considered rationalizations of what people do in the privacy of bedrooms aside which is both spurious and irrelevant.

Knowitall

Teared me up, Even with all its flaws I love this country.
We are Hindus we can curse bharat be angry with its people feel hopeless at times but this will always be our home and when the call comes I shall never hesitate for a second before joining giving the ultimate sacrifice for this country my bharat.

There can be no greater on honour than joining the likes of our Bipin and Manekshaw sir's in the heavens.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
We are Hindus we can curse bharat be angry with its people feel hopeless at times but this will always be our home and when the call comes I shall never hesitate for a second before joining giving the ultimate sacrifice for this country my bharat.

There can be no greater on honour than joining the likes of our Bipin and Manekshaw sir's in the heavens.
India is rising and will retake its deserved position in this world , I am not sure this hopelessness part you posted?

India had good 2 decades and is expected to have atleast half century of golden age.

India should help the neighbouring countries to get rid of evils and hopelessness.

Last edited:

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Oh man, I hope these people don't end up becoming one of the victims of misplaced anger. Indians, in general, don't care about/don't know much about LGBTQ+, but there is no sense of hatred as such. People consider it taboo and don't want to talk about it, but definitely don't want to kill them. If they continue on this path of American "F*ck you all you Nazis" narrative, they won't help their cause. Because 1) it's an American narrative not an Indian one. People don't relate to it. 2) Nazism, even by the limited educated lot who understands it, is not viewed so severely- so joke is them. Apna ✂ chalao ya ⚔ ladao, we don't care just don't insult our people
Fact is Nazis or rather Hitler don't at all invoke hatred among young Indians. I used to be fan of Hitler with the little I knew about him when I was in standard 8 or so. I remember trying to read Mein Kamf too, but of course a young me didn't have the patience for such philosophical books. It was basically for 1. the atrocities of Nazis are not known to lay people of India, and 2. Hitler was enemy to British and Netaji Shubhash had met him.

I wouldn't think the situation has changed much. The holocaust is still an alien word to most of the Indians.

The so called intellectuals that throw around words like Nazi, Fascist etc. are way too divorced from the ground and they have little to no impact at all. People don't care for what they don't understand.

But people care for armed forces and they care for the Chief of the military. If such examples of LGBT communities continue to vomit their sick words against the persona who is deeply respected, sooner or later they would reap the seeds.

The LGBT asses who frequent in higher echelon of the societies, don't seem to comprehend that unlike west, Indians often take justice in their own hands. In a nation where 40 million court cases are still pending, they should be careful not to become one of the statistics too.

I never harboured any bad intent towards the homosexuals, but the example of west shows that we shouldn't give them an inch as they would claim the mile next.

Late Gen. Rawat was straight speaking fellow who spoke the words most liked to but couldn't say themselves. Yes, armed forces aren't places for homosexuals. Military doesn't work in a politically correct environment and often works in a minimum support structure environment. It doesn't have the time or luxury to waste around monitoring abuse of sexual nature in the ranks. In modern military there are hardly any individual who cannot be trained to replace even the most talented homosexual individual. Military should be kept out of political correctness, or soon we will be putting out stupid woke ads to recruit to diversify our rank and files like USA is trying to do.

We need men and women who can protect our national integrity and for that we can do without political correctness. I hope the successor to Gen. Rawat is just as much a straight shooter.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles