IAF Mi-17V5 Crashed Near Coonoor (Tamil Nadu)-CDS Onboard

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Possibily off topic alert!

What is the correct meaning/use of the word martyr?

Had a discussion with someone today who said that martyr word as per definition is strictly used for death in line of religious pursuit. I googled and the results broadly agree with what my friend mentioned. Although, it also shows that in practice it is also being used for death in line of action for national interests.

What is the Indian Army's official policy? Does Army consider only those who die fighting the enemy as martyrs or are even those who die during regular discharge of duty considered as martyrs?
not officially recognised.

Jor_Se_Bolo_PKMKB

Country flag
not officially recognised.
Yes that is exactly what my friend said while I argued with him. Ended with google proving me wrong.

KIA is official and martyr is for media etc

Sridhar_TN

Country flag
Rangamannar (@rangamannarji) Tweeted:
@arunkm91 @ani She is crying https://t.co/MfHxNsmHLg

Army folks have a larger than life status in the south. Even if you’re a regular infantry man, you’re treated with much more respect than the average person. Rawat was a top top military offficial. Obviously it would have shaken the local peoples morale to hear of the news.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Army folks have a larger than life status in the south. Even if you’re a regular infantry man, you’re treated with much more respect than the average person. Rawat was a top top military offficial. Obviously it would have shaken the local peoples morale to hear of the news.
Ya'll Nibbiars probably all of India.

pipebomb

Country flag
CCP mouthpiece,
I could think of a thousand rebuttals
These fucks aren't worth it, even the Pakistani COAS didn't stoop this low, instead offered his condolences
But why post from gt anyway, everyone knows its for propaganda outlet of ccp. I think for gaining knowledge of Chinese pov gt is not a good source at all.

nixin

Possibily off topic alert!

What is the correct meaning/use of the word martyr?

Had a discussion with someone today who said that martyr word as per definition is strictly used for death in line of religious pursuit. I googled and the results broadly agree with what my friend mentioned. Although, it also shows that in practice it is also being used for death in line of action for national interests.

What is the Indian Army's official policy? Does Army consider only those who die fighting the enemy as martyrs or are even those who die during regular discharge of duty considered as martyrs?
Similarly, Shaheed is used for people died during or for Jihad.
Though this word's true meaning is yet unknown to mass that we all know..

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
That's a real Son of Mother India going.
It has again united Indians as one, shattering all the propaganda and negative paid news and politics of hate, breaking all divides, something that they always fear.
Even in his death he is dangerous for her enemies.
See this.

Two pictures in one frame. The first represents ornamental filth of a clogged gutter, second the true value and wealth of our nation.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles