HAL Prachand - Light Combat Helicopter (LCH)

singhboy98

Country flag
At this point, i would say given our economy, population, and size, impossible to completely invade us. At most, we will lose some border areas or a few states if things get super bad.
Few states? Lol... We will go nuclear (I mean literally) well before that. In the words of the (in)famous sullo ka Kasai (as per the librandis) from a border state, "humaare paas kya hai bhai, ye diwali ke liye rkha hai kya?".

abingdonboy

Country flag
Then its the RM and PM and FM not doing their job to set a clear policy on getting it locally. No whistle blowers in Indian system that actually can expose some of this stuff....
It’s a collective failure for sure (why CCS has yet to sanction AMCA and IMRH is cannot understand) but when you see the nonsense of not ordering LCH until 5 years after it has entered production or committing to only 6+6 LUH when your requirements are 400++ when all they want to talk about is MRFA then I really can’t help but question wtf is going on inside IAF other than a lust for imports

itsme

Country flag
So, today I was lucky enough to spot the IA LCH when I was stuck in traffic. It was flying somewhat low and the time between hearing and visually identifying was just a couple secs, 3-4 at max. I heard the heli, looked in the direction and it just whizzed past the traffic, 9'o clock to 3'o clock direction, could only see it for another 3-4 secs. Was an awesome sight, looked much more fiercer than the IAF's, cause of the IA camo and I felt it was fast than what I 've seen Dhruv/Rudra do, its a common sight in those parts of Blore.
Hope we can get to see it with its complete weapons package soon.

flanker99

Country flag
Makes sense since we have a stockpile of 1600+ Hellfire missiles.

180 AGM-114L-3 Hellfire Longbow missiles(IA)
90 AGM-114R-3 Hellfire II missiles(IA)
812 AGM-114L-3 Hellfire Longbow missiles(IAF)
542 AGM-114R-3 Hellfire II missiles(IAF)
That many really?..can u post the source?

Aniruddha Mulay

jai jaganath

Country flag

It seems IA and iaf is interested in integrating hellfire than dhruvastra or helina

Javelin_Sam

Country flag
It’s a collective failure for sure (why CCS has yet to sanction AMCA and IMRH is cannot understand) but when you see the nonsense of not ordering LCH until 5 years after it has entered production or committing to only 6+6 LUH when your requirements are 400++ when all they want to talk about is MRFA then I really can’t help but question wtf is going on inside IAF other than a lust for imports
CCS didn't clear yet because the dev agency didn't complete the CDR yet

Super falcon

Country flag

Why IAF has more stockpile than indian army where as attack halos heavily used by armies

Super falcon

Country flag

Light Combat aircraft is a crown jewel of DRDO HAL and indian hi tech build up of
such complex halos

This is a major gap between Pak and India these are far more capable to be used on Ladakh and Sachin standoff these will serve indian army by flying highest peaks of Himalayas where air are very thin

Great job by indian govt investing in such halo and getting it a achievement

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles