HAL Prachand - Light Combat Helicopter (LCH)

Punya Pratap

Country flag
I did say I saw the LCH at Jodhpur Airport in my Aug 1st Post ... I saw it conducting howering and sharp turn maneuvers and that was 31st July '15!!

San-E

why hal lch not carry 4 round missiles on each wing station even it also powered by 2 × Shakti turboshafts engine similar to dhruv and its weight also less then dhruv.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
why hal lch not carry 4 round missiles on each wing station even it also powered by 2 × Shakti turboshafts engine similar to dhruv and its weight also less then dhruv.
what is that means 4 round mijjile

San-E

i mean 4 missiles on each wing station like ah64 apache

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
i mean 4 missiles on each wing station like ah64 apache
currently we have Mistral air to air missiles ..Helina and Rockets in LCH

It can carry four Missiles in each wing or combined missiles and Rocket pods

San-E

and its rocket pod is also small then apache's rocket pod, and its turret gun is 23 mm rather apache has 30 mm

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
and its rocket pod is also small then apache's rocket pod, and its turret gun is 23 mm rather apache has 30 mm
Apache is something heavy powerful Attack Helicopter ...don't compare it with our Small Light Combat Helicopter

San-E

okk i got your point that it is small and light weight but thats not mean it will be light in firepower..it should be capable to carry 16 Air to ground missiles on 4 stations

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
okk i got your point that it is small and light weight but thats not mean it will be light in firepower..it should be capable to carry 16 Air to ground missiles on 4 stations
Your wish may come true if LCH uses lahat Atgm, lahat pod has four missiles.

The question you should ask your self is whether your wish list should be carried out at the cost of indigenous defence development.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Dear SAN, along with missiles there would be the weight factor. LCH is designed primarily to engage enemies in Himalayas. So the important factor here would be the altitude and range. Heavy weapons would mean more weight, which in turn would mean more fuel consumption and less range and serious jeopardize in high altitude.

But I liked your thought. May be next combat heli would be at par with Apache. :)

San-E

along side the himalayas we also also have thar desert where biggest tank battles are fought after ww2 where air to ground missiles are very important weapons, we also have punjab sector where from i and punjab is alway on top of hit list of pak army

Chinmoy

Country flag
along side the himalayas we also also have thar desert where biggest tank battles are fought after ww2 where air to ground missiles are very important weapons, we also have punjab sector where from i and punjab is alway on top of hit list of pak army
I do agree with you and it is nowhere mentioned that it cant carry that much of fire power to engage a tank and armored vehicle which it is most likely to engage in Rajasthan or Punjab. I think for any Al-Khalid et al, HELINA and LAHAT are more then enough. Moreover you have to also take into account the presence of T-90's and Arjun in the battle field. In that scenario I think its primary role would be to assist the infantry and and provide close air support, both to infantry and mechanised version.
Now if we take into account the role of Apache, it is more of an weapon which is designed to invade rather then defend. Its role is somewhat extensive then LCH as of now. So to be a heavy machine is a need for it. Now just imagine an Apache or Chinook at Siachen!!!!
These heavy gunners and lifters are not made to operate extensively at such altitude. Although it could attain it, but the important fact to take into consideration is the amount of time it would be able to sustain itself at that altitude. LCH did came into existence after Kargil, where MI-17, Mig's and Mirage and Jaguar were unable to provide required close support to troops. Its not a surprise for me when I came to know around 2007/08 that there has been a Tug of War in between IAF and IA for LCH and its been decided that the primary user of LCH would be IA's aviation wing.

San-E

you are right, this is made for fullfill high altitude strikes against infantry and bunkers. by successfully landing at siachin its become the first attack chopter to land at such high altitude. i read somewhere iaf going to buy apaches to replace mi35 but in case of war we have to completely depend on US for its ammo but in the other hand i we have indigeous copter then we should mass produce its weapons and copter also.

pmaitra

Thursday, September 03, 2015

India's Light Combat Helicopter Gets Hot & High

HAL LCH being tested in Ladakh

LCH Progress:

With the extensive trials carried out on three prototypes at Bengaluru, sea level at Chennai in November 2013, cold weather at Leh during January/February 2015, hot weather at Jodhpur in July 2015 and hot and high altitude trials at a few days ago at Leh, the performance and handling qualities of the helicopter have been established for basic configuration (with EO Pod, Rocket launchers, Turret Gun and Air-to-Air missile launchers). The system functionalities have been assessed and found satisfactory during the trials and long-duration ferry across India. Further development activities are under progress and the weapon firing trials are planned during in the middle of 2016.

The advantage of indigenous development of helicopters such as ALH, LCH and LUH at HAL is that the users’ requirement are well captured right from early design stage and are fine-tuned as the project progresses with the involvement of users so that the product complies to the stringent operational requirements at high altitudes (Himalayan and North Eastern terrains).

San-E

can anybody have HQ pictures of indian military, coz i want to make some hd wallpapers for indian military

pmaitra

San-E

thanks to you #pmaitra for sharing link with me of some really cool stuff, now i show you my work on Hal LCH i made this pic last year but i didn't upload it anywhere, now i think this is perfect place for showing the new look of lch... i am going to upload it in small size for now but in future i'll post pictures in full HD.... this for those all engineers who make LCH a flying reality.
Mumbai-City-India copy.jpg

Srinivas_K

Country flag
thanks to you #pmaitra for sharing link with me of some really cool stuff, now i show you my work on Hal LCH i made this pic last year but i didn't upload it anywhere, now i think this is perfect place for showing the new look of lch... i am going to upload it in small size for now but in future i'll post pictures in full HD.... this for those all engineers who make LCH a flying reality.View attachment 5939
Thanks for the wall paper !

San-E

i also think about to make a blog for my wallpapers and your suggetuon of open a new thread is also good, please keep supporting me and give me some hq pictures so i can make some cool wallpapers like other armies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles