HAL Prachand - Light Combat Helicopter (LCH)

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Worth watching ..

Sir, I think we are moving towards material for stealth than shape, Shape effect the aerodynamic properties but stealthy material don't..
sir in IMHO we should continue R&D no harm in R&D in all areas, stealth, shapes, material etc. More we learn more we can understand and improve upon.

We have started late, so only way we can catch up is to learn more and put in extra effort, that is only way i see, plus no substitute to put in money for R&D if we want to catch up, we do get failures like Kavari, but in the processes we have learn lot, more out of box thinking, fresh thinking is needed. Plus if we have good talent here we need to retain it.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
It said artistic impression, Gud representation really liked it though LCH is design to drop bombs so does cluster bombs..

MCH looks like hammer head shark ..

MCH? Where did you get it?

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
It said artistic impression, Gud representation really liked it though LCH is design to drop bombs so does cluster bombs..

MCH looks like hammer head shark ..
I was asking is there any plans for an MCH? Is HAL designing one? Any sources?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I am not online on MP.net due to password issues..

though @Shaitan aka randy on Mp.net can do..

Hey Kunal bro can you post it on Mp.net. Thanks in advance!!
========================

No, there is nothing but artist own creation..

I was asking is there any plans for an MCH? Is HAL designing one? Any sources?

Last edited by a moderator:

Decklander

Did you guys notice the IN amphi assault LCH? IN is going to order many of them to be based on its helicopter carriers for infantry support. I had told you guys long back and some of the members even doubted my post stating that they have never seen any mention of IN buying these helos.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Naval LCH? Why not say Naval Source

A Naval Source close to idrw.org has indicated that Navy is closely observing development of Light combat helicopter currently under development by State run Hindustan aeronautics limited (HAL).

Source also mentioned that currently Navy is not actually thinking of Inducting any LCH in its fleet , but initial success in the project ,has made Navy take notice of the project , but there are skeptical if a Marine variant can be developed based on it . Air force and Indian army both put together have a current order of more than 150 of this locally developed Light attack helicopter.

Navy is the only armed force in India, which has rejected induction of Naval version of ALH also known has Dhruv due HAL's inability to fix problems of excess vibration and Rotor blade folding issues in its Naval Variant of Dhruv .

Sources also informed that Navy has officially not shown any interest in the project, but is observant on LCH , Defence expert Rajesh Sharma believes that Marine or Naval Variant can be used from amphibious assault ship and also for coastal surveillance , specially for action against pirates ,but then again according to him Indian Army and Indian air force will be inducting close to 700 new helicopters in between them in next decade or so , Navy been the smallest Helicopter fleet operator of the three armed forces , it might be just curiosity of not to be left behind .
Source expired ..

=============================

LCH has a range of 700kms, Its good for observation and ground support for landing troops..

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
I was thinking cant we modification on LCH to carry 4 special forces soldiers in case of special mission or emergency as is the case with MH-6 Little Bird.

wont cost that much if engine is powerful in LCH.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
I was thinking cant we modification on LCH to carry 4 special forces soldiers in case of special mission or emergency as is the case with MH-6 Little Bird.

wont cost that much if engine is powerful in LCH.
It's a dedicated attack helicopter, Saya. No need to add weight, drag, and give it a role it doesn't need,

vram

Country flag
Guys , I work in Chennai and have been seeing a helicopter being flown which looks distinctly like the LCH , but only thing is that it seems to be grey in color. And no doesn't look like the digital camo patterns of the TD-2. So is there another TD up and running or have they repainted the TD-2. Also seems to be quite a bit of testing going on around the time I reach office in the IT area of OMR in Chennai at around 10AM. Almost 90% sure it is the LCH.

Decklander

Guys , I work in Chennai and have been seeing a helicopter being flown which looks distinctly like the LCH , but only thing is that it seems to be grey in color. And no doesn't look like the digital camo patterns of the TD-2. So is there another TD up and running or have they repainted the TD-2. Also seems to be quite a bit of testing going on around the time I reach office in the IT area of OMR in Chennai at around 10AM. Almost 90% sure it is the LCH.
LCH must be undergoing sea level performance trials at chennai.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Get a snap if possiable, will be posting regulary after few days ..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles