HAL Prachand - Light Combat Helicopter (LCH)

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Have been thinking about this for a while.

At this point delaying LCH will bring us no good.
Army should order some 150 odd helicopters and air force some 100 and be done with it.

The amount we are spending on 6 Apaches if Invested in Heavy combat Helicopter would give us better reuslt. Target should be to have a first prototype of Heavy helicopter flying by 2025-27.

Also they should start working on indigenous 1000 hp engine to further upagrade the LCH in the future.
I don't know why they are using a downgraded version of the engine to begin with.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
At this point delaying LCH will bring us no good.
Army should order some 150 odd helicopters and air force some 100 and be done with it.
@Defcon 1 just defended them by saying, having no attack helicopters (22 is as good as none) is better than having attack helicopters with no armament presently cleared for operation... Beat that! Lol.

abingdonboy

Country flag
That blue digital camouflage is far better and looks cool than the black coating.
It could be the air force version but IMO the LCH TD-2 was the only one that had good digicamo. View attachment 43681
The Army LCHs will be black (most likely), or maybe dark green (to match their Apaches?)*

The IAF ones will be in the standard Tipnis grey

*army needs to standardise their paint schemes, ALHs have different paint jobs depending on the command they are from, Apaches will be dark green but Rudras and LCH(?) will be all black? Indians sure do love zoos.....

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
*army needs to standardise their paint schemes, ALHs have different paint jobs depending on the command they are from,
Why?..It is just paint. Dark green in Ladakh or Thar would sure look odd.
TD-2 looks lovely, it will be a shame if they do not adopt that!

Also, India still uses Mirage 2000 in the blue-gray colours from France instead of Tipnis Gray. I doubt LCH & Apache will have same colour schemes.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Hopefully this completed LSP will be inducted soon. I think it's for army by looking at its camouflage.
1) LSP can only be completed when IA/IAF actually place the order
2) The LSPs are still in their primer paint so no camo is there hence we can't predict who they are destined for

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
What do you see to the left and right? Unfinished LSP units that HAL has made using their own funds whilst MoD/IA/IAF play stupid games with this project.
This stuff keep me hopeful that HAL/OFB too can change their acts under proper leadership!
The twitter handle hinted at official orders following soon. If already decided in MOD then that is just a formallity.Add much as I hate seeing it carry those puny pods of dozen unguided rockets, SANT or HELINA can follow and be integrated later on... Bulk orders need to come ASAP.

Atcjurvin

1) LSP can only be completed when IA/IAF actually place the order
2) The LSPs are still in their primer paint so no camo is there hence we can't predict who they are destined for
But black paint should be for army as it will match rudra.

abingdonboy

Country flag
The twitter handle hinted at official orders following soon
They don't know anything, it's just speculation
This stuff keep me hopeful that HAL/OFB too can change their acts under proper leadership!
They need more autonomy and they'll achieve big things for sure

Add much as I hate seeing it carry those puny pods of dozen unguided rockets, SANT or HELINA can follow and be integrated later on... Bulk orders need to come ASAP.
The ATGM issue is such a red-herring, what's important is getting production started, stabilising it and working out any in-service issues

Weapons can and will be added on at a later date with little issues

But black paint should be for army as it will match rudra.
Like I said, none of the LSP are painted yet

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles