Greetings from North East, Seven sisters and one brother.

doreamon

Country flag
India really unique .. All kind of climate topography including islands and all those ancient caves , temple , dance , songs.. places cultural importance .. If someone travel all around india i think he/she wld nt miss much in life . ..
I think there shd be a NRI travel package for 1 month long bharat darshan . To connect with those who left countries or their children .

Last edited:

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Yeah, lately lots of people from the rest of India are coming here, especially during the pandemic as international options are limited and the vlog they made seems to open a new horizon to fellow Indians that there are more to explore in our country. There was a guy from Mumbai, he seem to have explored many remote places than me and his no-frill vlog is one of my favorite very honest, lemme share one of his.
do watch his vlog it is good stuff.
the number of tourists coming to north east is not even 10% of what the potential is
the poor rail and road connectivity with new delhi is the reason why tourism in north east is not growing the way it should

Last edited:

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Tourism in India is the major revenue generating industry, Here is the list of top 10 states of India in number of foreign tourist visits in 2015.
  • Tamil Nadu – 4,684,707.
  • Maharashtra – 4,408,916.
  • Uttar Pradesh – 3,104,062.
  • Delhi – 2,379,169
  • Rajasthan – 1,489,500
  • West Bengal – 1,475,311
  • Kerala – 977,479
  • Bihar – 923,737.
  • Karnataka – 636,502
  • Goa – 541,480
if the connectivity between new delhi and north east is improved we will see north eastern states easily coming in this list

NotASussyBoi

Country flag
the number of tourists coming to north east is not even 10% of what the potential is
the poor rail and road connectivity with new delhi is the reason why tourism in north east is not growing the way it should
for sure even in my place mizoram people could go to Thenzawl,really beautiful and Sikkim,sad our tourists is rock bottom in Ne

BlackViking

Country flag
Thank you so very much mate just came back from cycling. Honestly, people in the Hills I mean who are remote places these things are daily diet I mean, Bruce Wayne alter ego are hard to get by these days, as kids I still remember flying in the bunch, in my language it is called Sekpi, we generally don't eat but hey back in the days there no phone and it was just slingshot and cycle ball bearing for leisure and only electronic was dad's calculator which he worships like a god. So, on occasion, the senior would shoot some of these sekpi and we will just bbq and have with a local drink, was way too small for legal age but a frog, is common among many tribes here, there are frog and toad, toad you can't eat it rather some are very poisonous some frog their legs are as good as chicken if you go border town in Moreh or some local market in Kohima you will see these big long frogs. Yeah, these the government and education game animal hunting as gone down significantly.
That's the place. If I remember right, we went to place called Kira Market, unable to find that place now though.

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
for sure even in my place mizoram people could go to Thenzawl,really beautiful and Sikkim,sad our tourists is rock bottom in Ne
compared to north east such a huge number of foreign tourists visit nearby bengal and bihar there is no reason why they wouldnt like to visit north east given that their is good rail and road connectivity between patna and guwahati
and i guess 90% of the foreign tourists visiting bihar are Buddhists they would love to visit north east region of india as it borders tibbet

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
It is also due to the messed-up air operations in our region. Despite route dispersal guidelines mandating airlines to fly, there is not viable 'economies of scale' in our region for many airlines. Aviation has just started to catch the drift here but most of the flights are very expensive. Try catching an Imphal-Mumbai flight or Imphal-Bengaluru flight. Freaking expensive.

The problem is that since there are fewer businesses, there are less 'mass flights' or corporate flights. For example, the reason why Delhi-Mumbai fights are cheap is that you have 3 dozen flights between them daily. That makes economies of scale for airlines. But we don't get this in most of the states in the northeast. Agartala has an impressive frequency (still very costly flights), but it is not enough.

tomthounaojam

Country flag
@Chandragupt Maurya when I was in Mumbai every time I check my flight to Imphal, I was like I rather go abroad and on a few occasions going to Malaysia, as I have some good scale modeler friends. Yeah, sadly air ticket is freaking expensive. Airlines have their reason for doing that, but the best thing about Imphal airport is it is just in the city you can reach the check-in in like 10-15 mins.
Rail is there, it is connected well in Assam which is known as the gateway of the northeast and from there it is pretty much a detour, Guwahati-Shillong has one of the best motorways, it is just amazing to see the huge roads in such hilly terrain.
One suggestion would be if there is an international festival in the capital where foreign people are there, the NE state should have strong representations and show what huge tourist potential is there. Lately, Manipur is trying to promote besides other tourist spots, war tourism as know Battle of Imphal/Kohima was one of the deadliest battles of ww2.
Also, Travelling to NE there are still some restrictions due to being very closed to international borders.

tomthounaojam

Country flag
I am woshiper of beauty. Such natural scenery excites me. I want to be there.
Please do visit if you like mountains and waterfalls, plus the largest fresh water lake in India.

This time I intentionally took a flight from Shillong to Imphal cause I want to ride an ATR-72 been a while I last flew a one and shot some aerial photos, you will never see a landscape like these while landing hehe, a visual treat for your eyes.

IndianSpiderman

Country flag
There is no reason for the northeast not to be the tourism hub of India. Arunachal is called "Switzerland of the east", which is a shame IMO. If anything, Switzerland is watered down Arunachal in terms of natural beauty. Consider this, untouched Arunachal is more than twice the size of Swiss with 1/7th its population. The fact that it's somewhat difficult to get to and not touristy just makes it more inviting to me, and I know it would be the same for many others like me if the state was marketed properly.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
Sure, Mate, See my parent are Hindu, or Meitei-Vaishnavism but also we tend to follow our traditional God called Sanamahi, but as for me I am not much into religion, I keep it to myself so sometimes I get in conflict with parents about foods habit of mine. Cusine there is lots but as winter is approaching and people here like vegetables so mustard leaf with pork is very popular now, but Most mainstream Indian tends to like Manipuri foods as it is not simply a broth there is some influence from rest of India, so coming here and having foods is not a problem. Music, well my choice of music is very bad so I will keep shut lol. Life is not so easy when you are born in a far-flung area but with power of the internet and Amazon life is changing fast here. I have live almost 14 years in Mumbai but am here due to the Chinese flu. So I shot some footage of here and sharing with you all. Cheers
Nice thread. We need more threads like this to understand diversity of the country. I'm happy that you are following tribal religion and didn't fell into conversation propaganda of xtians.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
Tourism in India is the major revenue generating industry, Here is the list of top 10 states of India in number of foreign tourist visits in 2015.
  • Tamil Nadu – 4,684,707.
  • Maharashtra – 4,408,916.
  • Uttar Pradesh – 3,104,062.
  • Delhi – 2,379,169
  • Rajasthan – 1,489,500
  • West Bengal – 1,475,311
  • Kerala – 977,479
  • Bihar – 923,737.
  • Karnataka – 636,502
  • Goa – 541,480
if the connectivity between new delhi and north east is improved we will see north eastern states easily coming in this list
If we are going to talk about our indigenous tourism i would like to point out few problems -

I believe to support tourism you also need robust police security structure and law and order basically what happens is when people go to tourist places tourists create some type of havoc like partying hard and doing crazy stuff. And this causes disputes between locals and tourists and that causes bad blood.
For example to me a basic delhite after my kashmir leh trip. I felt much more safer in kashmiri tourist spots rather than in leh rouge driver's try to harras you because they think that we are stealing there business. i reached leh around 10pm and everything was locked streets empty not even one single person or police employ was on the road that resulted drunken thugs to harras outsiders like us.

Whenever we start construction of some state with tourism in mind we also need to construct robust law and order soo that disputes doesn't happen. Tourist move and do things accordingly to the law. Drugs being monitored. Heavy police presence in tourist area's.

In kashmir you would find army crpf in every 2km radius making environment safer.

IndianSpiderman

Country flag
To be fair, domestic tourism has only taken off in India in the last 10 years or so. Even Manali, which is a stone's throw away from Delhi, was virtually unknown to domestic travellers till even 10 years ago. It's only with the advent of social media and a growing middle class that domestic tourism has taken off. I feel that with improved connectivity tourism in the Northeast is going to take off in a big way in the coming decade how destinations like Himachal Pradesh blew up during the last decade. It's already happening to an extent in Meghalaya. Places like Shillong, Mawlynnong and Dawki are now rife with typical tourist traps you'd expect when you're on the beaten path. The time to travel to the NE is now, before it becomes less pristine due to the pressures of tourism.

tomthounaojam

Country flag
To be fair, domestic tourism has only taken off in India in the last 10 years or so. Even Manali, which is a stone's throw away from Delhi, was virtually unknown to domestic travellers till even 10 years ago. It's only with the advent of social media and a growing middle class that domestic tourism has taken off. I feel that with improved connectivity tourism in the Northeast is going to take off in a big way in the coming decade how destinations like Himachal Pradesh blew up during the last decade. It's already happening to an extent in Meghalaya. Places like Shillong, Mawlynnong and Dawki are now rife with typical tourist traps you'd expect when you're on the beaten path. The time to travel to the NE is now, before it becomes less pristine due to the pressures of tourism.
Very rightfully said enjoyed before it becomes overrated, many places are quite virgin and fresh and you will awe by the rawness of the place, tho involved bit of trekking.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

tomthounaojam

Country flag
@ezsasa
Can we have a Tourism thread
Trip recommendations and Pictures took by memberans themselves

@Haldilal @Lonewolf @FalconSlayers @FalconZero @HariPrasad-1 @Blue Water Navy @gslv markIII @Pig benis on sushy @asaffronladoftherisingsun @Marliii @Bhumihar @Optimistic Nihilist and all others

It would be a killer thread
Yeah, please do that but my only suggestion is Members only pictures only cause if we upload google images might have copyright problems later to the site.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles