Genocide of Hindus in Pakistan & Bangladesh.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
The so called "Secular" dream Jinnah dreamed is practically turned into a religious fanatic reality.

A Kafir is who doesnt believe in the supreme force known as "God"... Hindus believe in "God" and can't be termed as Kafirs.Also if somone doesn't want to bleieve in God then he can't be FORCED to believe.This "Kafir" is a false thing these religious fanatics have created to CONVERT and FORCE others.

Zebra

Country flag
Congressman Sherman Brad's Letter to President Asif Zardari in reference to Rinkle Kumari's Case.....

HR Violations

Mr.Ryu

Country flag
No way India should help them they are not Indians but Puki they decided to stay in that sin land ignoring the great India the land of all religions, Now the pay for what they did

But if they wish to come to India leaving all puki belonging and endorse India as their motherland and accept they have done mistake staying in communal pukistan openly to world community may be GoI help them other than that we should not involve in this just my 2 cent :p

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Congressman Sherman Brad's Letter to President Asif Zardari in reference to Rinkle Kumari's Case.....

HR Violations
To me as a US citizen, the idea of a US congressman writing a letter to a president of a foreign country is just bizarre, no matter what the issue is. The matter is for the US Department of State to deal with, if it involves a US citizen, even if it involves a congressman's constituent in some way. That is my personal opinion.

In this case, Rep. Brad Sherman must know his letter will have no effect.

He has his fingers in many pies. That's how congress people stay in office.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brad_Sherman

Last edited:

Galaxy

Country flag
No country for Pakistani Hindus

No country for Pakistani Hindus

By Bhavna Vij-Aurora | India Today – 11 hours ago

On March 26, 19-year-old Rinkle Kumari, from a village in Sindh, told Chief Justice of Pakistan Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry that she had been abducted by a man called Naveed Shah, and pleaded with the highest court to let her return to her mother. It was a brave plea. Hindu women in Pakistan are routinely kidnapped and then forced to convert if they want the respectability of marriage. They are helpless, as they have neither the numbers nor the political clout to protect themselves. As Rinkle left the court, she screamed before journalists, accusing her captors of forcible conversion, before she was hustled away by the police.

The case grabbed headlines, generated impassioned editorials, and highlighted the cause of a persecuted community, the 3.5 million Hindus in Pakistan. It angered liberals in Pakistan and caused the Dawnnewspaper to take a strong position on persecution of minorities.

But Rinkle had dared to raise her voice, and there would be a price to pay. Her parents in Ghotki village were threatened, her 70-year-old grandfather was shot at, gun-toting goons roamed outside her house. When she returned to the Pakistan Supreme Court on April 18, she meekly said she had converted to Islam. At a packed media briefing in Islamabad's Press Club, with Shah by her side, the spunk in her snuffed out, she would only say she wants to become an "obedient" wife.

According to police records, each month, an average of 25 girls meet Rinkle's fate in Sindh alone, home to 90 per cent of the Hindus living in Pakistan. Young Hindu girls are 'marked', abducted, raped, and forcibly converted. Discrimination, extortion threats, killings and religious persecution are driving the remaining Hindus out of Pakistan. They had chosen to stay back after Partition; six decades later, they are no longer welcome.

In India, they are facing a shock worse than catastrophe-betrayal. The Government of India refuses to recognise them as refugees and is unmoved by their plight. In its reply to activist S.C. Agrawal's RTI query on November 1, 2011, on the status of Pakistani Hindu refugees, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) claimed it was an "internal matter'' of Pakistan. In the same reply, the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) admitted that it could not say how many Pakistani Hindus had emigrated.

According to Delhi's Foreigners Regional Registration Office (FRRO), there has been a rapid increase in the number of Hindus coming from Pakistan. Till mid-2011, it used to be around eight-ten families a month. But in the past 10 months, an estimated 400 families have come. They are settling down all over India, in Rajasthan, Punjab and Gujarat. A trickle has become a stream. Hindus, who accounted for 15 per cent of Pakistan's population in 1947, now constitute a mere 2 per cent of its 170 million population. Many have migrated, others have been killed, and yet others forced to convert to survive. In some cases, the dead have even been denied a proper cremation.

Ask Meher Chand, 55. He arrived in Delhi on January 21, 2011, with a delegation of Pakistani Hindus, carrying 135 plastic jars, aboard the Samjhauta Express. The jars contained the ashes of Hindus who had died in Pakistan, some of them way back in the 1950s, and stored in Karachi's Hindu Cremation Ground. The remains were finally allowed their final journey, to be scattered in the Ganga.

Chand did not return to Pakistan. He joined a group of 200-odd Pakistani Hindus settled in Jahangirpuri in Delhi. His voice chokes as he talks about what he faced in Karachi. "My wife died of cancer in 2009, leaving two daughters behind. One morning, soon after my wife's death, I found my younger daughter, 16 at that time, missing. When I made inquiries, I was told that she had eloped with a much older man, known to be a goon. She had converted to Islam overnight. I was allowed to meet her after intervention by some elders. She cried and hugged me without saying a word. I never believed she eloped. The man had been eyeing my daughters. I managed to marry the older one in time. This one was just a child," he trails off. "I wish I had the courage to fight for my daughter. The kidnappers had private armies and threatened me. Even the local police did not pay heed. They mocked me on the streets," says Chand.

The Jahangirpuri camp mostly has people who have come from Sindh, Karachi and Hyderabad. Most of the other refugees from the region are concentrated in Rajasthan and Gujarat. Some have been here since the 1990s and have still not got citizenship and accompanying conveniences like a ration card, driving licence, gas connection, right to buy property and even travelling to another part of the country, other than the one place their visa permits.

"There are thousands like me who want to come and settle in India but are constrained by the border,'' says Chand, sitting in a one-room tenement he shares with three other refugees. Chand was a hakim (medical practitioner) in Karachi. Even though he has acquired a small clientele within the camp and nearby, his income is not even one-fourth of what it used to be.

Others in his camp feel Chand has spoken more than he ought to. They chide him, saying he will face problems with the Pakistan High Commission. "Till we get citizenship of India, we remain Pakistanis, and have to go to the high commission again and again. Earlier, they used to renew our passport for five years, now they are doing it on an annual basis. They ask us uncomfortable questions,'' says a camp resident.

There are many more like Chand, waiting to flee Pakistan for the safety of their daughters. Sitting in a well-furnished drawing room of his house in Ghotki, Sindh, 52-year-old Kishore Kumar is a worried man. Wealth has not provided him any security. Owner of three textile-ginning factories, and father of two daughters and a son, he is preparing to leave Pakistan. "It is hard to leave your place of birth, the place where four generations have been born. But we have to move now as things have become critical. I love my motherland but I am shifting to India for the future of my children,'' he tells India Today.

Kumar expresses concern about his two college-going daughters. "You can't imagine what it means to be the father of two young girls in a land where minorities are treated like third-class citizens. I receive extortion calls from people for hefty sums to ensure my family is not touched, especially my daughters," he says.

He is waiting for his visa, which has increasingly become difficult to get. It took 38-year-old Dr Ashok Kumar Karmani three years to get a visa for himself and his family, enabling passage from Mir Khas in Sindh to Ahmedabad in February 2012.

After the 2009 Mumbai terror attack, India put curbs on visas from Pakistan. Only one out of five visa applications gets cleared. "If visa rules are eased, the majority of Hindus in Sindh would shift to India,'' says Karmani.

Son of a businessman and a medical graduate from Liaquat Medical College in Karachi, Karmani was living in a huge bungalow as part of a joint family. Now he hopes that he, his wife Ramila, a science graduate, and their two children get a long-term visa soon,and permanent citizenship after they complete seven years in India. The family is worried about those left behind. "There are dozens of cases in Sindh where Hindus have become targets of kidnappings and forcible conversions. It was time to say goodbye," says Karmani.

Indeed, the prejudice against Hindus runs deep. Lahore High Court Chief Justice Khawaja Muhammad Sharif is reported to have said that Hindus were responsible for financing acts of terrorism in Pakistan. A March 18 editorial in Dawn pulled him up for it: "It may well have been a slip of the tongue by Mr Sharif, who might have mistakenly said 'Hindu' instead of 'India'- nevertheless, it was a tasteless remark to say the least.''

There are other liberal voices. Dr Azra Fazal Pechuho, member of the National Assembly and elder sister of Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari, told India Today that she believes girls like Rinkle Kumari are being forcibly converted. "It is true that Hindu girls are being forcibly kept in madrassas in Sindh and forced to marry Muslims. We have to take steps to end this practice, including legislation,'' she says.

Among the latest to flee Pakistan is a group of 145 Hindus who arrived in Delhi in December 2011 on a pilgrimage (jattha) visa. They managed to extend their visa and are looking forward to being accepted byIndia as citizens. Staying in makeshift tents at Majnu ka Tilla in north Delhi, Savitri Devi, 32, gave birth to her daughter in the camp two months ago. "When policemen come to remind us we have to leave, I show them my daughter Bharti and tell them to at least accept her as she was born on Indian soil," she says, nursing the infant with her older daughter Rani, 3, sitting alongside.

There is no way that they want to return to Pakistan. "I have been trying for a visa for the past five years and got it only now, that too only as part of the jattha,'' says Krishan Lal, 30, as his wife Rukmani makes chapattis nearby. His three children run around in the camp barefoot, playing with other children. "Hindus are like fish out of water in Pakistan. They all want to come to India, hoping to put an end to their miseries-but it is a different story here altogether,'' he adds.

Krishanlal Bhatar, 54, who came with his family from Mirpurkhas district of Sindh to Ahmedabad in 2009, says with folded hands, "We don't want anything from this country, only security. We shall remain loyal to India forever and die in this land only.'' Tears roll down his cheek as he recalls his life as a grocery shop owner in Pakistan. His is the all-too-familiar story of a daughter, Jaymala, 22, kidnapped, converted and married off to a Muslim farm labourer.

Bhatar and his family went pillar to post to get her custody. Local Pakistan Peoples Party politicians whom he approached were either hand in glove with the group that had kidnapped the girl or too scared. Bhatar managed to file a case and also went to the court. On the day of the final hearing in the court, over three dozen Muslim boys gathered, many of them rifles in hand. A trembling Jaymala was brought before him and his wife. She didn't even look at them and just told the woman judge, "I don't know them.''

Pujari Lal, 31, came from Kohat near Peshawar in 1999 and settled in Khanna, Punjab. He fled after his teenaged sister was kidnapped and raped. He does not feel comfortable talking about it but dwells in detail on the problems in Khanna. There are around 1,200 Hindus and Sikhs settled in Khanna. "It has been 13 years but I still don't have Indian citizenship. My papers have come back a dozen times. They want proof of my parents' date of birth and birthplace. My father is dead; my mother is with me but we do not have all the papers," he says.

Lal sells tomatoes and chillies in the crowded wholesale vegetable market in Khanna. Pakistani refugees run the mandi here. The relatively better-off ones have bigger shops, and can afford to do the running around between the Government offices, the Pakistan High Commission and FRRO. They are thrilled that one among them, Data Ram, 33, recently got a no-objection certificate from both the Pakistan High Commission and the home ministry, making him eligible for citizenship. Now he needs Rs 6,000 each for his five family members as passport forteiture fee and is in the process of "arranging the money". Having finished high school, Ram is one of the most educated persons there. He says he had kept all his papers meticulously, making it easier for him to get citizenship. They all come to Ram for advice. He tells Lala Madan Lal that since he was born in 1946, he is eligible for citizenship according to the Indian Citizenship Act.

In the Al Kausar settlement of Hindu Pakistanis in Jodhpur, Tulsiram talks about the problems in getting a visa from the Indian High Commission in Islamabad. From Tharparkar district in Sindh, where most emigrants in the camp came from, it is a seven-day journey to Islamabad, which not many can afford. "The minimum cost for such a journey is Rs 30,000,'' says Tulsiram, who was a scribe in Sindh. He calls it a policy of discouragement by the Indian ministries of home and external affairs.

In another camp amid the sandstone quarries on the outskirts of Jodhpur, Jamuna Devi, 40, talks about lack of amenities at the camp. "When our children fall ill, Government hospitals refuse to give us medicines, saying we are Pakistanis,'' she says.

Rana Ram, 32, personifies the problems on both sides of the border. He came to Jodhpur in 2008 with his two children after his wife Samdha Ben was kidnapped, raped and converted by religious fundamentalists in Rahim Yar Khan. "I entreated them to return my wife. They just laughed,'' he says. In Jodhpur, the community members got him married again so that his children could be looked after. His second wife died of malaria within two months.

Since they are not a votebank, only a handful of politicians have taken up the cause of Pakistani Hindus and Sikhs. Avinash Rai Khanna, a BJP Rajya Sabha MP, keeps raising questions about their plight in the Upper House. It was in reply to a question raised by him on persecution of Hindus in Pakistan that Minister of State (MoS) in mea E. Ahamed said on March 22: "The Government has taken up the matter with the government of Pakistan. It has stated that it looked after the welfare of all its citizens, particularly the minority community.'' A secular India's mea accepts Pakistan's claims at face value. They claim that since India does not endorse any religion, it cannot be seen as speaking for Hindus in Pakistan.

Data collected by India Today defies Pakistan's claim. More than 90 families migrated to India in 2010, 145 in 2011 while 54 Hindu families have already migrated to India since January 2012. Since 2010, as documents show, 24 Hindu families migrated toNepal while 12 families chose to live in Sri Lanka after fleeing Pakistan. In February itself, 30 Hindus comprising five families left Thul, a small town in Jacobabad district, for India.

In reply to another question by the MP on March 28, MoS in MHA M. Ramachandran said that they had received 148 applications for citizenship of Pakistani Hindus from Punjab state from 2009 to 2011. Only 16 applications were accepted for citizenship; 119 are pending for want of documents and 13 were rejected.

Amid the cold figures of rejection are the scars left on the psyche of refugees. Lala Madan Lal, 66, of Khanna, recently read Toba Tek Singh, a short story by Saadat Hasan Manto in Urdu, and can't stop talking about it. "Like Bishan Singh in the story, we will all die in no man's land as people with no land to call their own," he rues.

No country for Pakistani Hindus - Yahoo! News India

Galaxy

Country flag
Hindus in Pakistan accuse Muslims of kidnapping teens as wives

Hindus say the forcible conversions follow the same script: The victim, abducted by a young man related to or working for a feudal boss, is taken to a mosque where clerics, along with the prospective groom's family, threaten to harm her and her relatives if she resists.

Almost always, the girl complies, and not long afterward, she is brought to a local court, where a judge, usually a Muslim, rubber-stamps the conversion and marriage, according to Hindu community members who have attended such hearings. Often the young Muslim man is accompanied by backers armed with rifles. Few members of the girl's family are allowed to appear, and the victim, seeing no way out, signs papers affirming her conversion and marriage.

Galaxy

Country flag
With these caveats behind us, here is how the problem of Hindus is slightly different from those of Christians or Shias.

When Christians are targeted in Pakistan, the western countries and many Christian organisations, starting from the Vatican, bring pressure upon the Pakistani government to mend its ways. --"The government of Pakistan has failed to protect minorities" - Vatican Insider

In the case of Shias, leave alone the Republic of Iran, there are various Shia parties and organisations which are willing to stand up for their cause. New Shia party emerging | DAWN.COM

But who speaks for the Hindus in Pakistan? Even Nepal is no longer a Hindu Republic, and no one would have listened to Nepal even if it was one. Pakistan doesn't even have a statutory National Human Rights Commission, it no longer has a Federal minister for minorities since Shahbaz Bhatti's brutal murder and the Supreme Court has not given Hindus any confidence with its actions in the recent case.

India has spoken for Sikhs in Europe and for Tamils in Sri Lanka who were not Indian citizens.
The Tribune, Chandigarh, India - Main News
India votes for UN resolution against Sri Lanka - Economy and Politics - livemint.com

Before we look at those ways, leave the government apart, why has the Indian media, Indian NGOs, Indian human rights groups, Indian activists and even Indian social and religious organisations been silent about the atrocities on Hindus in Pakistan. If they can raise issues about Myanmar and Syria, they can surely focus the spotlight upon neighbouring Pakistan too.

There is another reason why non-political, non-governmental groups and media in India must take up this issue on priority. Because if they don't, the issue will eventually be taken up by a political party and the inflammatory mix of politics, religion and nationalism — imagine India, Pakistan, Hindu and Muslims being used in the same breath by a fiery politician — can have potentially dangerous social consequences. That is something India can ill-afford at this juncture.

India can raise it officially during the next bilateral talks with Pakistan. India should make progress in bilateral talks with Pakistan contingent on improved human rights environment across Pakistan. Moreover, India can also offer asylum — on a case by case basis — to Pakistanis Hindus in grave danger on the basis of their faith.

Yes, Pakistan's Hindu community made a choice many decades ago — to stay in Pakistan. It endures extortion, disenfranchisement and other forms of discrimination in that country. But that doesn't mean that they are condemned to live a life of persecution and misery as religious extremism rises in Pakistan. There are ways in which India and Indians can help them. As fellow humans in a neighbouring country, we should not shy away from lending that helping hand. This is more about understanding that because of the history of partition, the case for Hindus in Pakistan will always be a delicate one for India to make. Notwithstanding the difficult nature of the case, it still needs to be made, both by India and Indians.

Last edited:

Oracle

With these caveats behind us, here is how the problem of Hindus is slightly different from those of Christians or Shias.

When Christians are targeted in Pakistan, the western countries and many Christian organisations, starting from the Vatican, bring pressure upon the Pakistani government to mend its ways. --"The government of Pakistan has failed to protect minorities" - Vatican Insider

In the case of Shias, leave alone the Republic of Iran, there are various Shia parties and organisations which are willing to stand up for their cause. New Shia party emerging | DAWN.COM

But who speaks for the Hindus in Pakistan? Even Nepal is no longer a Hindu Republic, and no one would have listened to Nepal even if it was one. Pakistan doesn't even have a statutory National Human Rights Commission, it no longer has a Federal minister for minorities since Shahbaz Bhatti's brutal murder and the Supreme Court has not given Hindus any confidence with its actions in the recent case.

India has spoken for Sikhs in Europe and for Tamils in Sri Lanka who were not Indian citizens.
The Tribune, Chandigarh, India - Main News
India votes for UN resolution against Sri Lanka - Economy and Politics - livemint.com

Before we look at those ways, leave the government apart, why has the Indian media, Indian NGOs, Indian human rights groups, Indian activists and even Indian social and religious organisations been silent about the atrocities on Hindus in Pakistan. If they can raise issues about Myanmar and Syria, they can surely focus the spotlight upon neighbouring Pakistan too.

There is another reason why non-political, non-governmental groups and media in India must take up this issue on priority. Because if they don't, the issue will eventually be taken up by a political party and the inflammatory mix of politics, religion and nationalism — imagine India, Pakistan, Hindu and Muslims being used in the same breath by a fiery politician — can have potentially dangerous social consequences. That is something India can ill-afford at this juncture.

India can raise it officially as a minor talking point during the next bilateral talks with Pakistan. India should make progress in bilateral talks with Pakistan contingent on improved human rights environment across Pakistan. Moreover, India can also offer asylum — on a case by case basis — to Pakistanis in grave danger on the basis of their faith.

Yes, Pakistan's Hindu community made a choice many decades ago — to stay in Pakistan. It endures extortion, disenfranchisement and other forms of discrimination in that country. But that doesn't mean that they are condemned to live a life of persecution and misery as religious extremism rises in Pakistan. There are ways in which India and Indians can help them. As fellow humans in a neighbouring country, we should not shy away from lending that helping hand. This is more about understanding that because of the history of partition, the case for Hindus in Pakistan will always be a delicate one for India to make. Notwithstanding the difficult nature of the case, it still needs to be made, both by India and Indians.
Not our freaking problem. India has not taken 'theka' of Hindus all over the world.

Galaxy

Country flag
If non-political, non-governmental groups and media will not take the issue. It will become serious issue and In next 0-2 years, I am expecting some political parties and Hindu based organisation will take the issue. It's inevitable. It's like inviting them deliberately!

The inflammatory mix of politics, religion and nationalismimagine India, Pakistan, Hindu and Muslims being used in the same breath — can have potentially dangerous social consequences. That is something India can ill-afford at this juncture. Or we will say, Ok we will see when it happens ? Don't wish for because it might happen. Already too many news circulating everywhere!!

Govt ignoring plight of Pak Hindus: BJP -- Govt ignoring plight of Pak Hindus: BJP - Times Of India

BJP to demand discussion on plight of Hindus in Pakistan - BJP to demand discussion on plight of Hindus in Pakistan | Business Standard

Human rights violation against Hindus in Pak: BJP Human rights violation against Hindus in Pak: BJP

If BJP and RSS will raise, then one can expect the issue will become BIG because they are one of the two national political party and India's largest NGO, social and Hindu organisation respectively!!

Last edited:

Oracle

/\/\/\ I only see BJP whining. Relax!

Those traitors be it Hindus, are better served living out of India.

NO to any immigration based upon religion. Only highly skilled people are welcome, those who can contribute to India's growth.

Galaxy

Country flag
If BJP and RSS raising that is enough. At least they are ruling 1/3rd of the country But raising won't solve the problem. Congress is ruling the country. They have to take the initiative.

Congress can raise issue about Myanmar and Syria. They can also do for Sikhs and Tamils living in US and SL when they were not Indian. Ohh wait, It was due to pressure from respective state. Why not Pakistan Hindus ? Ultimately, Pakistan Hindus are coming to India only. Millions of them came to India in last few decades after partition due to killing, kidnapping, Rape and conversion. Delhi, Rajasthan, Gujarat and Punjab have seen lots of migration. In Jaipur alone, lakhs of Sindhi Hindu living.

Who will speak for the Hindus in Pakistan ? Are we more secular than Europe/US ? If this is secularism, Then problem is going to rise in days to come. The solution is we should raise the issue to Pakistan and on international stage. May be by this way, More immigration will stop ? or No, because they are no Vote-Bank like Millions of Bangladeshi and no pressure from few states ? It's ridiculous Congress secularism because they are Hindus!

Last edited:

Oracle

Don't twist words twerp. Illegal immigration from any country is unwelcome.

You are a biased schmuk, who wants only Hindus to immigrate. Not gonna happen, get over it.

Galaxy

Country flag
Congress government gave ration card, ID, address proof and passport to Bangladeshi including large number of Muslims.

30 Million Bangladeshi Living in India illegally due to Vote Bank Politics : Court

What's wrong in raising the issue of just 3 million Hindus of Pakistan? Because they won't vote to Congress if they come to India because Congress Nehru never supported migration of Pak Hindus in India? Even today, many don't have citizenship after living for decades. Congress is party of traitors who always thought of their power only and vote bank politics and not about Hindus!!

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Congress government gave ration card, ID, address proof and passport to Bangladeshi including large number of Muslims.

30 Million Bangladeshi Living in India illegally due to Vote Bank Politics : Court

What's wrong in raising the issue of just 3 million Hindus of Pakistan? Because they won't vote to Congress if they come to India because Congress Nehru never supported migration of Pak Hindus in India? Even today, many don't have citizenship after living for decades. Congress is party of traitors who always thought of their power only and vote bank politics and not about Hindus!!
1. These people did not migrate when they had the opportunity.
2. Even now, none of these people have raised an issue with the Indian Govt. to accept them.

The fact is that these Hindus are attached much more to their belongings out there in Pak than religious freedom and hence happy to stick with whatever they are left with. So, there is no point in poking your finger in individual issues.

Galaxy

Country flag
1. These people did not migrate when they had the opportunity.
2. Even now, none of these people have raised an issue with the Indian Govt. to accept them.

The fact is that these Hindus are attached much more to their belongings out there in Pak than religious freedom and hence happy to stick with whatever they are left with. So, there is no point in poking your finger in individual issues.
Well, They made a choice many decades back. There is no denial in that and i mentioned also. It was not only about belonging. There were various others reasons also, I suppose like Distance, Hope and all that.

But they are still coming to India month after month. Do you know that ? Millions of them are living in various part of country. In Jaipur itself, I came to know that large number of Sindhi Hindu living who came during 1965/1971 war due to fear of Anti-Hindu persecution in Pakistan.

It's not about whether they should come or not. I also understand, we cannot invite them. Not because we are secular but we have large population to feed but If anyone is coming, then we have to accept it slowly and gradually.

What individual case are you talking ? 30 Million Bangladeshi are individual ? Million of Pakistani Hindu who came or still there are individual ? I didn't not talked about any Individual. But Millions in general!

My point was why not raise issue during bi-literal or/and international stage/Human right groups. At least Media, NGO's can do that. Hindus don't have any international recognized organisation unlike Shia/Sunni and Christian have. If India will not care, then which country will care ?

Why Europe/US are concerned about Christian ? They are secular countries too. Secularism doesn't means you can't raise issue related to Human Right violence in neighbor just because they are Hindu.

For point 2 > How can they raise an issue with the Indian Govt. to accept them. ? If they will do, They will be executed very next day in Pakistan by fanatic groups. They first come to India, Throw their Pakistani passport and then raise Indian citizenship. Read the whole article!!

Last edited:

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Well, They made a choice many decades back. There is no denial in that and i mentioned also. It was not only about belonging. There were various others reasons also, I suppose like Distance, Hope and all that.

But they are still coming to India month after month. Do you know that ? Millions of them are living in various part of country. In Jaipur itself, I came to know that large number of Sindhi Hindu living who came during 1965/1971 war due to fear of Anti-Hindu persecution in Pakistan.

It's not about whether they should come or not. I also understand, we cannot invite them. Not because we are secular but we have large no. of population to feed but If anyone is coming, then we accept it slowly and gradually.

What individual case are you talking ? 30 Million Bangladeshi are individual ? Million of Pakistani Hindu who came or still there are individual ? I didn't not talked about any Individual. But Millions in general!

My point was why not raise issue during bi-literal or/and international stage/Human right groups. At least Media, NGO's can do that. Hindus don't have any international recognized organisation unlike Shia/Sunni and Christian have. If India will not care, then which country will care ?

Why Europe/US are concerned about Christian ? They are secular countries too. Secularism doesn't means you can't raise issue related to Human Right violence in neighbor just because they are Hindu.
They can come and apply for citizenship as anyone else, no one stops them. On a side note: The way Bangladeshis sneak in and get the documents done, they too can do the same. There are enough agents in India. Otherwise follow the normal course of 12 yrs. for naturalization.

As far as NGOs go, no one has stopped you from making/joining one. You would do much better to fight the issue in real life rather than picking up word-fights with some jerks out here.

Galaxy

Country flag
They can come and apply for citizenship as anyone else, no one stops them. On a side note: The way Bangladeshis sneak in and get the documents done, they too can do the same. There are enough agents in India. Otherwise follow the normal course of 12 yrs. for naturalization.

As far as NGOs go, no one has stopped you from making/joining one. You would do much better to fight the issue in real life rather than picking up word-fights with some jerks out here.
I think, You didn't not read the News and also what i posted. Isn't it ?

I said " India can also offer asylum — on a case by case basis — to Pakistanis in grave danger on the basis of their faith." Of course, All be based on research and as per law even in that case. We cannot invite them.

NGO ? That also i said, No one can do anything until GoI do something. They have to take initiative. Even BJP or any religious based organisation also can't do anything because they don't have power as of now. Only Government can do by telling Media, NGO's, Non-Political/Non-Government based groups/organisation to raise the issue which they never did and to Pak in biliteral and on international stage. Today, Most of the Indian main-stream media are controlled by Gov. Above two article are from Yahoo and LA times.

It's very easy for Bangladeshi Muslim to come to India and become Indian citizen in no time but almost impossible for a Pakistani Hindu to do the same. May be because of animosity between two countries and vote bank politics. Therefore, Only solution is Government do anything or Nothing will happen. Lately, BJP started pressurizing UPA Gov. but i am not sure whether Gov. will agree because it might hurt their Muslim vote bank.

Last edited:

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
I think, You didn't not read the News and either what i posted. Isn't it ?

I said " India can also offer asylum — on a case by case basis — to Pakistanis in grave danger on the basis of their faith." Of course, All be based on research and as per law.

NGO ? That also i said, No one can do anything until GoI do something. They have to take initiative. Even BJP or any religious based organisation also can't do anything because they don't have power as of now. Only Government can do by telling Media, NGO's, Non-Political/Non-Government based groups/organisation which they never did.

It's very easy for Bangladeshi Muslim to come to India and become Indian citizen in no time but almost impossible for a Pakistani Hindu to do the same. May be because of animosity between two countries. Therefore, Only solution is Government do anything or Nothing can happen. Lately, BJP started pressurizing UPA Gov. but i am not sure whether Gov. will agree because it might hurt their Muslim vote bank.
I have read it before and again today. I mean similar stories.

So, you say Bangladeshis are already given asylum or state protection explicitly. I have heard of no such rule in GOI citizenship act. Most of them make through illegal means and that way is open even for Paki Hindus as well.

NGOs pick up the issue, make people aware and force governments to change their stance. That is why they are called NGOs--non-government org. So, the democratic world works other way round and not as you mentioned. So, create pressure on your government!!!! And if you create enough pressure, government will buckle under your pressure. That is how individual human rights/missionary organizations build pressure on the government even though more than half of the population in the west is not bothered about religion at all. So, do not exhaust yourself completely on this forum if you really care so much about this issue.

Last edited:

Galaxy

Country flag
I have read it before and again today.

So, you say Bangladeshis are already given asylum or state protection explicitly. I have heard of no such rule in GOI citizenship act. Most of them make through illegal means and that way is open even for Paki Hindus as well.

NGOs pick up the issue, make people aware and force governments to change their stance. That is why they are called NGOs--non-government org. So, the democratic world works other way round and not as you mentioned. So, create pressure on your government!!!! And if you create enough pressure, government will buckle under your pressure. That is how individual human rights/missionary organizations build pressure on the government even though more than half of the population in the west is not bothered about religion at all. So, do not exhaust yourself completely on this forum if you really care so much about this issue.
How can you read it before when it was published today ? Anyways, Read Post no #3.

Bangladeshi can come easily. Almost 99% Bangladeshi in India don't even have passport. Politician helps them to provide ID/Address proof and they become Indian citizen in no time. Citizenship act is joke. Do you think Court is fool if they said "30 million Bangladeshi living in India illegally due to vote bank politics". It's major concern but different issue.

For Pakistani, It's very very difficult. They can only come by legal process. The one having passport and got Visa in most of the cases. Most of the Pakistani Hindus are poor and live in Sindh province and that also Tharpakar district which is poorest of poor. That is the reason, They all didn't came here. Now, After covering all legal process when they come. They apply for Indian citizenship and after decades if they are lucky they get citizenship or keep waiting. Process is slow and difficult. If it would be that easy, I am sure most of the Pakistani Hindus would be Indian long long back but Alas many are already forcefully converted in land of pure!!

Most of the NGO's and main-stream media are controlled by GoI. Hence, not possible. L'inde n'est pas la France si vous savez!

This is forum for discussion. We cannot do anything except making our point. If anyone will go with your point. Then there is no need for any thread as we cannot do anything in almost every topic. Discussion is all about knowing or making your point and not solving it because we don't have that much power.

Don't worry about me. I am always cool!! Take care of yourself. Bon courage!! Bonne nuit!! A la prochaine!

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles