France and others weapons: Pacific security?

p2prada

You are contradicting your-self. You claimed earlier that British India contributed 2 million soldiers during the world wars. If deployment has to include aircraft, tanks then India didnt have an expeditionary force either.
I am pretty sure they took their tanks and guns with them. I also mentioned soldiers.

You dont need to have the whole package to be called an expeditionary force.
Expeditionary Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Expeditionary Force is a generic name sometimes applied to a military force dispatched to fight in a foreign country
That's no longer the case today.

An expeditionary taskforce of ships are fine to be called expeditionary, but where are the troops to attack and hold land or aircraft to attack formations and installations.

A small task force of two or three ships isn't an expeditionary force.

Vladimir79

Professional
I love how you use French contribution at her peak to compare with chinese expedition forces. :rofl:

Not to mention how chinese rotate their ships with 2-3 ships and a few hundred soldiers in UN. muhhahahah. There are at least dozens of ships involved. At least 2200 chinese peacekeepers under UN command. Hilarious!

Sorry if I dont care about your "facts" when you cant even count.

Maybe not so surprising coming from the guy who claimed Ex-Varyag will never set sails and there is no j-20. :rofl:

Some people are taking the China bashing to a new level. Keep up the good work. :wave:
China doesn't have any security missions in the UN, except protecting their own engineers and medical teams. UN peacekeepers of any said nation are not usually current members of their home nation's military. They sign on to UN missions after they are done serving, or maybe never served. So actual PLA members would not count more than hundreds out of the 1900 members currently employed by the UN.

As to naval deployments I only know about the piracy mission. PLAN doesn't exercise with many navies like France does.

ice berg

I am pretty sure they took their tanks and guns with them. I also mentioned soldiers.

That's no longer the case today.

An expeditionary taskforce of ships are fine to be called expeditionary, but where are the troops to attack and hold land or aircraft to attack formations and installations.

A small task force of two or three ships isn't an expeditionary force.
You are talking about operational requirements. The term it-self dont dictates whether they have to consist of troops, aircraft or ships.

s002wjh

Country flag
Will you please be consistent within your own post:rolleyes:

And that is what:frusty:?

If you cant understand what I said, Its not my problem, military presence does not always mean exact French military presence. IT can also mean the co-operation and diplomatic support from the French government and their military.

Besides, if not a problem for you guys, why are you lot crying and taking your frustration out here regarding the statement from french govt?:rofl:
i don't care about scs. my response is the way you think taking down china navy is piece cake.

as for economy leverage, every country do that. its naive to think a major power like china won't take advantage of their softpower.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
China doesn't have any security missions in the UN, except protecting their own engineers and medical teams. UN peacekeepers of any said nation are not usually current members of their home nation's military. They sign on to UN missions after they are done serving, or maybe never served. So actual PLA members would not count more than hundreds out of the 1900 members currently employed by the UN.
UN peacekeepers are all military personnel of their armed forces.

ice berg

As to naval deployments I only know about the piracy mission. PLAN doesn't exercise with many navies like France does.

As of December
2008, China had 2,146 officers and soldiers, including
military observers, liaison officials, staff officers and
engineering officers serving in eleven UN peacekeeping operations around the world.

http://www.crisisgroup.org/~/media/F...n_peacekeeping

I guess since they brought engineers and medical teams, then it is not your "security missions".

I dont even want to comment on this sentence:

UN peacekeepers of any said nation are not usually current members of their home nation's military. They sign on to UN missions after they are done serving, or maybe never served.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Wait, you call your-self defence professional? Sigh, the world we are living in today. :tsk:

Last edited:

s002wjh

Country flag
Hmm... I thought it was a Chinese ship which broke a Philli fishing boat.

1 dies, 4 missing as Chinese ship 'accidentally rams' Philippine boat | Inquirer News
hmm google vietnam boat ram chinese fishing boat and subsitude vietnam with other countres name, youll find plenty same type article. all the claim party harassing each other monthly including china, vietnam, philippine, malasia etc etc.

China, Vietnam Vessels Collide At Sea - Literally | Defense News | defensenews.com
Navy ship scares off Chinese towing boat - The Philippine Star » News » Headlines

the fact is these type skirmish gonna happen over and over again for all the claim party

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag

Yeah, there are thousands upon thousand of South Asian members who aren't in the military but serve as police and other logistics. Every national from that flag gets counted as 'peacekeeper.' It is a great place to go if you can't find work in your home country. China has no military presence on an international level and it is pretty pathetic of 50 centers to claim they do.

p2prada

You are talking about operational requirements. The term it-self dont dictates whether they have to consist of troops, aircraft or ships.
Trust me. 3 ships don't make it an expeditionary force. You end up smooching fuel and supplies off Middle Eastern ports when you are running your Piracy missions.

The day you are capable of taking over the Middle Eastern supply ports hold it and use the fuel as spoils of war instead of smooching it off of friends, only then will that make it an expeditionary force. I hope you get the point I am making.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Trust me. 3 ships don't make it an expeditionary force. You end up smooching fuel and supplies off Middle Eastern ports when you are running your Piracy missions.
They had to port at our naval base in Djibouti... mooching off France to maintain their naval presence tells it all. :lol:

p2prada

Oops. The word is mooching not smooching.

Ah! Big deal, you need to be good at smooching when dealing with the French anyway.

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
Dam, you are truly juvenile as they said in other threads. Stop derailing the thread. I hate college kids. :toilet:
which thread man!!

BTW u hate college kids !!!why ???
dont u go to the college or u bunk ur classes :laugh:

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
:humble: :humble:

and before abusing me see wtf you are doing, and i am not going to abuse you as i cant bent down to your standard
LOOLZZ
the level of abusing that i am doing to u is much less in comparision to which i do to those idiot Typhoon fanboys & those morronic paki & chinpanda's boasting that j10b is superior to rafale .Go & check those paki & other forums where u usually spy my posts

BTW u can abuse i wont mind but FOR GOD" SAKE STOP CALLING ME UNCLE

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
Spectra is a highly refined EW kit, but all other EW kits do the same as Spectra, albeit less refined. Spectra was spectacular when it came out. Now it is just another EW kit in the market.
YAWNING

ya ya it can be seen through this report

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
As the United Nations finds its peacekeeping missions stretched around the world, one major power is making a difference. China, a country that once criticized UN peacekeeping operations as interference with national sovereignty, is now a major troop contributor. Close to 2,200 Chinese are now wearing the characteristic blue helmets of U.N. peacekeepers.

Chinese peacekeepers are an increasing and welcome presence to over-stretched UN peacekeeping operations from Sudan to Haiti and Liberia.

China does not provide combat troops, but it does provide medical teams, engineers, civilian police, and military observers.

(This is from info stored in my electronic library)

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
^^^ RAY sir who is this guy in your avatar Btw ur last avatar 's lady was sexy:D

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
What is an expeditionary force?

Is it a group of three to four ships enforcing a mission against fishermen?

Is it three or four combat aircraft loitering around?

Is it forces where a war on land on a neighbour that is waged? For instance was the Sino Vietnam War fought by expeditionary forces?

Expedition means an organised journey or voyage for a specific purpose, esp for exploration or for a scientific or military purpose.

So, what does expeditionary force mean?

It is obvious that such a force is to effect its mission on foreign soil that is not contiguous to the nation executing such a force.

The first core issue is expeditionary readiness. A military ethos that supports an instant response at short notice, the force being ready to respond quickly and which can transit from a peacetime to an operational readiness at a moment's notice without reconstituting its elements or augmenting itself with reserves from elsewhere. Such a force should also be in a position and organisation for mission accomplishment.

It also demands of such a force to operate successfully in an ambiguous and uncertain environment, having inherent internal flexibility to respond to the changing combat and operating scenarios.

It is obvious that such a force must have the entire elements essential to accomplish the mission. Hence, it must be organised on a combat arms operation format to include all the land, naval and air elements so as to synergies the combat power and combat flexibility. It goes without saying, it has to have one Supreme Commander and a multifaceted Staff that can orchestrate the combat as a unified whole.

Composition

The four core elements of the Expeditionary Task Force (ETF) are :

 The Command Element (CE), a headquarters unit that directs the other elements.

 The Ground Combat Element (GCE), usually comprisinginfantry, supported by armour (tanks), and artillery, but may also include special units such as scouts or Recon Battalions,snipers, and forward air controllers.

 The Aviation Combat Element (ACE), which contributes theair power to the ETF. The ACE includes all aircraft (both fixed wing and helicopters), their pilots and maintenancepersonnel, and those units necessary for aviation command and control.

 The Logistics Combat Element (LCE), contains all of the support units for the ETF: communications, combat engineers, motor transport, medical, supply units, and certain specialized groups such as air delivery and landing support teams.

Last edited:

p2prada

YAWNING
ya ya it can be seen through this report
It does not mean anything. Spectra is slightly ahead of the non AESA DASS(subjective since it is not ready yet) and very slightly ahead of a light fighter's ECM. Big deal.

The Americans are ahead. Spectra is just another EW kit, definitely advanced, but it does the same thing as other EW kits do.

ice berg

The day you are capable of taking over the Middle Eastern supply ports hold it and use the fuel as spoils of war instead of smooching it off of friends, only then will that make it an expeditionary force. I hope you get the point I am making.
In that case, only the US can call them-selves an expeditionary force. You dont need to take over and hold a supply port. That is what replenishment ships are for.
It is about the ability to sustain your operations outside your comfort zone.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles