Failed Terrorist State of Pakistan: Idiotic Musings

JackBauer

Country flag
Okay. I will provide my "Pakistani Khatirdari" experiences there. I went there as part of a journalist aide/camera man (read security) two times. Once in 2004 and again in 2018. Both times I travelled to Lahore, Karachi and once to Islamabad and Sindh. For Sindh I will write a seprate post.

So both times all the journalists from India were given a grand welcome. Now, I have travelled to some countries and lived in a lot of hotels, but I noticed something off about this hotel. Their staff, their rooms and even management. Because I was a security advisor for some of the journalists, as soon as I entered this posh hotel (they called it 5 star hotel, I wouldn't even call it 3 star), immediately all alarms were ringing in my head. The CCTV camera were weirdly placed, their staff seemed to be concealed carrying something (not a gun), even the management didn't seem to be actually "management people". I suspected they were military/spies brought in for the event. Even the rooms of 3/5 journalist was bugged with microphones and hidden cameras. I kindly advised them to not discuss anything sensitive anywhere in the hotel, don't approach any random woman or men interested in you, and don't take bath in there without clothes. I just didn't want them to know I knew about these devices.

I later came to know years later via a leaked document from Pakistan that 5/6 hotels I stayed at were owned and operated by the Pak military.
I found people following us even when we were outside sightseeing and attending parties with the rich Pakistanis. I would say that we were treated royally if you didn't know any better because we were journalists from India and they wanted our experience there to be better than what we had ever experienced in India. But there always this underhanded attitude that they as a country and people (also religion) were better than India. I realised they even saw Indian Muslims as inferior to them.

Each person I met there, I sensed a level of disgust in them which they didn't want to show out but as soon as they learned my Muslim name, there was a significant change in attitude. They were then genuinely friendly.

skunk works

Country flag
I found people following us even when we were outside sightseeing and attending parties with the rich Pakistanis. I would say that we were treated royally if you didn't know any better because we were journalists from India and they wanted our experience there to be better than what we had ever experienced in India. But there always this underhanded attitude that they as a country and people (also religion) were better than India. I realised they even saw Indian Muslims as inferior to them.

Each person I met there, I sensed a level of disgust in them which they didn't want to show out but as soon as they learned my Muslim name, there was a significant change in attitude. They were then genuinely friendly.
Very interesting. If the staff was not hotel staff, it would seem off right away. Atleast in the subcontinent, it is impossible to let go of the fauji/policiya bearing once trained in it.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
How would you sure about this, may be geo politics change and US start supporting pakis.
People consume too much conspiracy theories of pakistan being the epicentre of anti-India resistance for global powers, everybody looks for profits, IMF isn't even giving them loans since they no longer find them able to payback the debt. USA sanctions sales of weapons to them for the most part except a few cases for which long term commitments were signed, same west helped us greylist porkis. Everything runs around profits not conspiracy theories.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
How would you sure about this, may be geo politics change and US start supporting pakis.
Pakis cannot turn their economy, education system and industry around even if they get the complete support of US, China and EU combined. They are a fundamentally incompetent bunch with no plans to uplift their people. Pakistan will never see a per capita income of 5000 USD, till the end of its existence. It is nearly impossible for them to reach even Indias current 2600 USD per capita income any time this decade.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Pakis cannot turn their economy, education system and industry around even if they get the complete support of US, China and EU combined. They are a fundamentally incompetent bunch with no plans to uplift their people. Pakistan will never see a per capita income of 5000 USD, to the rest of its existence. It is nearly impossible for them to reach even Indias current 2600 USD per capita income any time this decade.
They will never surpass $2000 mark, they're permascrewed.

NutCracker

Country flag
Okay. I will provide my "Pakistani Khatirdari" experiences there. I went there as part of a journalist aide/camera man (read security) two times. Once in 2004 and again in 2018. Both times I travelled to Lahore, Karachi and once to Islamabad and Sindh. For Sindh I will write a seprate post.

So both times all the journalists from India were given a grand welcome. Now, I have travelled to some countries and lived in a lot of hotels, but I noticed something off about this hotel. Their staff, their rooms and even management. Because I was a security advisor for some of the journalists, as soon as I entered this posh hotel (they called it 5 star hotel, I wouldn't even call it 3 star), immediately all alarms were ringing in my head. The CCTV camera were weirdly placed, their staff seemed to be concealed carrying something (not a gun), even the management didn't seem to be actually "management people". I suspected they were military/spies brought in for the event. Even the rooms of 3/5 journalist was bugged with microphones and hidden cameras. I kindly advised them to not discuss anything sensitive anywhere in the hotel, don't approach any random woman or men interested in you, and don't take bath in there without clothes. I just didn't want them to know I knew about these devices.

I later came to know years later via a leaked document from Pakistan that 5/6 hotels I stayed at were owned and operated by the Pak military.
Dayum.. porky establishment's MO is in public because of all the leaks happening in their political system.

No wonder youthia maggots are making these memes now days.
Fk1_NWAXgAANdKX.jpeg

JackBauer

Country flag

Before i went there in 2004, journalists who had been there previously always said India and Pakistan were equally developed. But I found a different Pakistan. Even back in 2004 I found they were at least 15-20 years behind India in any metric.

//Rant on journalists//
Indian journalists were always treated royally both in India and Pakistan and never ventured outside their designated routes in Pak so what they saw was Pak=India. I wouldn't even call journalists as the brightest people I have come across. Just a handful of them are as intelligent as the power they weild. They are good at just talking.
// End of rant//

To be continued

Coalmine

Country flag
Before i went there in 2004, journalists who had been there previously always said India and Pakistan were equally developed. But I found a different Pakistan. Even back in 2004 I found they were at least 15-20 years behind India in any metric.

//Rant on journalists//
Indian journalists were always treated royally both in India and Pakistan and never ventured outside their designated routes in Pak so what they saw was Pak=India. I wouldn't even call journalists as the brightest people I have come across. Just a handful of them are as intelligent as the power they weild. They are good at just talking.
// End of rant//

To be continued
2018 wala bhi batao. Kya dekha

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
Pakis cannot turn their economy, education system and industry around even if they get the complete support of US, China and EU combined. They are a fundamentally incompetent bunch with no plans to uplift their people. Pakistan will never see a per capita income of 5000 USD, till the end of its existence. It is nearly impossible for them to reach even Indias current 2600 USD per capita income any time this decade.
To expand on this:

Pakistan has 1/6th of India's population and 1/5th of India's land area. So to have an economy comparable in health to India today, they will need to have 1/6th of India's figures in metrics such as exports, GDP, Forex and FDI. So let's see what this hypothetical looks like and why it's nearly impossible:

At 1/6th of India:

Exports: 130 billion dollars
GDP: 633 billion nominal
Forex: 96 billion dollars
FDI: 13.8 billion dollars

Real figures (Asli aukat):

Exports: 35 billion dollars
GDP: 300 billion nominal
Forex: 4 billion dollars
FDI: 1.5 billion dollars

They will have to completely reform their governance, education system, financial system, infrastructure, industry, healthcare, R&D and every aspect of their country to reach even 1/6th of where India is today. They're screwed.

TopWatcher

Country flag
To expand on this:

Pakistan has 1/6th of India's population and 1/5th of India's land area. So to have an economy comparable in health to India today, they will need to have 1/6th of India's figures in metrics such as exports, GDP, Forex and FDI. So let's see what this hypothetical looks like and why it's nearly impossible:

At 1/6th of India:

They will have to completely reform their governance, education system, financial system, infrastructure, industry, healthcare, R&D and every aspect of their country to reach even 1/6th of where India is today. They're screwed.
Par unkoo to kashmir chahye.....kashmir ke bina kaise jinda rahen ge.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
vanaspati ghee
= hydrogenated palm oil,
it's not even ghee it's just regular table spread that you may find being used in Bakeries and so

my father used to tell it that in past (talking about 80s at least) this shit was being sold in those govt run ;sasta anaaj ki dukaan; etc here but only poorest of poor used it for daily cooking as in my locality peanut oil was so cheap and readily available nobody needed this impoorted factory made palm oil product; it was like
- rich use sesame seed oil; middle class and even poor use peanuts oil and only nutjobs use palm oil (and related products)

if porks are this low standard to openly use ;hydrogenated palm oil; on daily bases that too in their supposedly 5 star hotels leave low tier roadside ;thelas; aside then lmao they sure shot are poorlets
no wonder it's bhikhmanga desh :lol:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
To expand on this:

At 1/6th of India:

even for all the paki land mass, the productive landmass is that narrow strip of green running thru middle of the country which is basically along the indus river. for the rest, to build and sustain development is going to be costlly and costlier than India in per capita terms.

45% of paki land mass is balochistan.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
There's a sad little scene in William Dalrymple's 'City of Djinns', a book about Dehli in the 1990s where he goes to meet the last surviving direct ancestor of the Mughals, who works at the Delhi public library.
Her Bengali peon still called her 'your highness' and she still repeated 'we built this city, it is ours.'
There was a marked discomfort with partition refugees (punjabees) changing the culture of the city, and Urdu and Farsi not being spoken anymore.
Most of the siblings were living in Pakistan, some in the UK.
She took the writer home to meet her geriatric mother. They were living in squalor and the house badly needed some work.
This was circa 1995.
What a tremendous sense of misplaced entitlement.
Delhi has 7 cities, her ancestors built shahjahanabad.
Which was burnt to ground in 1857.
Then british built new delhi, which we know.
And modern delhi and it's colonies were built by refugees and no mughals were anywhere involved lol
Those refugee colonies were developed and modern city of delhi took rootm

JackBauer

Country flag

//Rant on journalists//
// End of rant//

To be continued
Continuing...

Back in 2004, when I was in Pak, we stopped at a dusty little village for a chai break while travelling. There were no roads but there was a lot of truck traffic crisscrossing the roads. Remember we were just 500 mts from a highway. I asked my driver whats up with the truck traffic in this village. He said it was an industrial area of Lahore.

All I saw were small shops producing small everyday stuff. I literally saw a man disassemble the engine from a 70cc bike to install it into a ganna juice machine.

There was a jameen asmaan ka fark between the rich and the poor. The rich lived a life like they were living in a rich European country and the poor were comparable to a sub saharan nation.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles