F-35 Joint Strike Fighter

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
BTW, according to Serbian Commander Dani his team was only able to lock onto the F-117 at 13 miles distance after its bomb bay doors opened amplifying its radar signature.
why opening the door in this quiet part of the flight ? Another valuable lesson for americans ?

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
‘Agile’ strategy fails to deliver as F-35 upgrade two years late and cost rise $1.5bn :clap2::clap2::clap2:

"The Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II’s modernisation is two years behind schedule and its cost has risen by $1.5 billion.

The Block 4 upgrade - a modernisation of the relatively new stealth fighter’s software and hardware - was initially to be delivered by 2024, but now will not be handed over until 2026, according to a report released by the Government Accountability Office (GAO) on 12 May."

Again, again and again. US MoD is a milking cow for LM. Just incredible.

NOT A SINGLE F35 STANDARD WAS ON TIME? ON SPEC AND ON BUDGET.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
F-35 pilot’s helmet costs as much as a supercar

According to a report by Peter Suciu in The National Interest, before you even turn on the switches, the pilot must pull on a helmet that costs upwards of $400,00 — the average price of a supercar.

Is this price include in the dry price of F35?
After all, 0,4 million more or less.... it's quite nothing. As the recent increase of the engine price. Peace of cake for a political only IOC fighter.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
F-35 pilot’s helmet costs as much as a supercar

According to a report by Peter Suciu in The National Interest, before you even turn on the switches, the pilot must pull on a helmet that costs upwards of $400,00 — the average price of a supercar.

Is this price include in the dry price of F35?
After all, 0,4 million more or less.... it's quite nothing. As the recent increase of the engine price. Peace of cake for a political only IOC fighter.
The HMD is the game-changer. Even if the price is separate from the frame that's worth it.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I know :shoot:
But it was not shoot during a bombing. If I remember well it was returning to base.

It just released 2 bombs. As I said the Serbs have noticed the predictable flight path of the F-117s in the Serbian air war. Read the Account of Serb Commander Dani.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
‘Agile’ strategy fails to deliver as F-35 upgrade two years late and cost rise $1.5bn :clap2::clap2::clap2:

"The Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II’s modernisation is two years behind schedule and its cost has risen by $1.5 billion.

The Block 4 upgrade - a modernisation of the relatively new stealth fighter’s software and hardware - was initially to be delivered by 2024, but now will not be handed over until 2026, according to a report released by the Government Accountability Office (GAO) on 12 May."

The Americans are simply extra open with their programs. And given the enormous capability and compkexity of the F-35 issues such as these is expected. The Americans are the only ones capable of undertaking this enormous project. All the rest are just wannabes.

Manticore

Country flag
The Americans are simply extra open with their programs. And given the enormous capability and compkexity of the F-35 issues such as these is expected. The Americans are the only ones capable of undertaking this enormous project. All the rest are just wannabes.
That is obviously untrue. The French stealth fighter--- is superior, it is so stealth

Oh boy. I hope you remember all of this when the French stealth fighter come due. And I mean a new stealth fighter, not a rafale reskin.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
That is obviously untrue. The French stealth fighter--- is superior, it is so stealth

Oh boy. I hope you remember all of this when the French stealth fighter come due. And I mean a new stealth fighter, not a rafale reskin.
What French stealth fighter? Wake me up when that happens.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
I am by no means favoring modern stealth over modern air defenses or modern air defenses over stealth. But here is just my opinion of what advantages they hold over there old counterparts. https://qr.ae/TxA42W for those arguing about what is better cant draw those conclusions to what is not publicly known.
This article is written by you??

Manticore

Country flag
I am by no means favoring modern stealth over modern air defenses or modern air defenses over stealth. But here is just my opinion of what advantages they hold over there old counterparts. https://qr.ae/TxA42W for those arguing about what is better cant draw those conclusions to what is not publicly known.
I hope all those country's building stealth fighters read this. Obviously they are wasting their time otherwise those with these radars and still building stealth fighters know something we don't.

panzerfeist1

Country flag
This article is written by you??
Yes it was.

Obviously they are wasting their time otherwise those with these radars and still building stealth fighters know something we don't.
Stealth can still be improved such as newer material and new stealth methods like transparency. My information with sources does not bash either side.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
NO.
Apollo, Polaris etc... were bigger issues than F35. The americans are just losing their skill in the management of big projects.
It's not without reasons (too many dividends to shareholders ?) than in the same decade Boeing failed its 737MAX and LM failed its F35

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag

first flight 2027, service entry nearly 2035.
F35 FOC was intended in 2006..... 14 years after it is only politically IOC.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Source: [Aviation Week & Space Technology; 11/14/2005, page 27]

“From the front, the F/A-22's signature is -40dBm2 (the size of a marble) while the F-35's is -30 dBm2 (the size of a golf ball). The F-35 is said to have a small area of vulnerability from the rear because engineers reduced cost by not designing a radar blocker for the engine exhaust."

Immanuel

Country flag

LOL. Switzerland and iInland will appreciate.

So sad for Belgium, NL, Italy,.....
He was referring to Turkey. Belgium, NL, Italy will continue to have local parts certainly for their aircraft

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles