F-18 Advanced Super Hornet

Country flag
Elaborate that red color part and explain why it is good. Please.
After ten years of testing with other warplanes this was selected . I cannot remember any other country testing as extensively a diversity of planes for length of time as India did in mrca. Along with it the French were flexible to tot and make in India.
Also other weapons like meteor bvr , glide bombs etc were a side bonus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
After ten years of testing with other warplanes this was selected . I cannot remember any other country testing as extensively a diversity of planes for length of time as India did in mrca. Along with it the French were flexible to tot and make in India.

Indeed,
Indian MMRCA tests are known to be fair, hard, without external pression. The result is the same than swiss eval, but in this case with 3 planes instead of 6.

Country flag
Many ? Only Australia uses SH18. for a US plane it's far from a success.
Canada choosing between f18 and f35
Super hornets never met the expectations
Boeing had for the plane . F16 are the biggest export /success in warplanes for USA . USA had hoped pacific allies would buy but Australia only operator Denmark and Poland suppose to be buying/deciding soon.
Finns non NATO ally are also looking to replace f18

http://www.ibtimes.com/amid-trudeau...boeing-fa-18-super-hornets-could-save-2334235

I like the hornet better than f16 . It is a bomb truck

Last edited:

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Canada choosing between f18 and f35
Super hornets never met the expectations
Boeing had for the plane . F16 are the biggest export /success in warplanes for USA . USA had hoped pacific allies would buy but Australia only operator Denmark and Poland suppose to be buying/deciding soon.
Finns non NATO ally are also looking to replace f18

http://www.ibtimes.com/amid-trudeau...boeing-fa-18-super-hornets-could-save-2334235

I like the hornet better than f16 . It is a bomb truck

To day : one non US Customer.
Canada? Rafale will compete also.... but chance = +/- 5%
Denmark? And why not Super Gripen to link with Swedish AF?
Poland? need a more agile fighter not to be ridiculous when SU27 will train near border.
Finland? Why not.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
some body please change the misleading title please.

IAF is already flying with low numbers. Want two more decades to decide new fighters. So what has been getting done please complete it fast. That's what IAF wants.

Rest F-18 or F5 or etc can be seen later. But current need is to replenish the depleting air fleet of mig 21.

Country flag
To day : one non US Customer.
Canada? Rafale will compete also.... but chance = +/- 5%
Denmark? And why not Super Gripen to link with Swedish AF?
Poland? need a more agile fighter not to be ridiculous when SU27 will train near border.
Finland? Why not.

I agree many countries already rejected sh
I don't expect too many countries to buy when production is ending (including India)

Country flag
some body please change the misleading title please.

IAF is already flying with low numbers. Want two more decades to decide new fighters. So what has been getting done please complete it fast. That's what IAF wants.

Rest F-18 or F5 or etc can be seen later. But current need is to replenish the depleting air fleet of mig 21.

Could have placed a larger rafaele order

Zebra

Country flag

After all that you said, (see the red color part), we selected an aircrafts based on purely on political reasons.

What about that...........?

Rafale lost the MRCA tender.

GoI closed their eyes and let them in back again. Don't forget that.

garg_bharat

Country flag
The problem with the super hornet is that it is a too old deign. It can do in today's date what after 10 years? Will it be good enough? On other hand if w go for rafale than it will remain contemporary for atleast next 20 years.
Both are planes with similar technology. I would trust the Americans more in electronics.

Americans are also better source of weapons - less price and capable of delivering more quantity.

Zebra

Country flag
Both are planes with similar technology. I would trust the Americans more in electronics.

Americans are also better source of weapons - less price and capable of delivering more quantity.
Sir, it will be a huge benefit.

But first, just check and tell us please, what are the price difference in buying US aircrafts.

WolfPack86

Country flag
F-18 Super Hornets In Action - Experience The Awesomeness Of This Jet

Last edited:

garg_bharat

Country flag
Sir, it will be a huge benefit.

But first, just check and tell us please, what are the price difference in buying US aircrafts.
Off the bat I can tell you the following:

1. Rafale is around 90M, F18 around 65M
2. Weapons like AAM, ASM will cost less for American planes.
3. F18 will have more localized content compared to Rafale. The proposal accounts for 50% by value to be built in India. This represents huge opportunity for Indian partner.

WolfPack86

Country flag
US Navy: F-18 Hornet/Super Hornet Documentary: The F-18 With Over 35 Years of History in the Fleet

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles