Electric cars & bikes discussion

airtel

Country flag
Tata Motors to launch their First Ever EV – the Tata Tiago EV
Tata Motors, in collaboration with its subsidiary, the UK based Tata Motors European Technical Centre (TMETC), has been working on battery-operated electric vehicles for quite some time.ETAuto | July 26, 2017, 11:39 IST

VIEW IN APP

The carmaker has used the Tiago as a base for the new EV, as the hatchback’s relatively low-cost platform should help offset some of the costs of the battery and related components.

NEW DELHI: Tata Motors is all set to reveal its first ever Electric Vehicle (EV) for the Indian market in September this year. The Tata Tiago EV is expected to borrow heavily from the Bolt BEV prototype, the electric version of the Bolt, according to reports.

Tata Motors, in collaboration with its subsidiary, the UK based Tata Motors European Technical Centre (TMETC), has been working on battery-operated electric vehicles for quite some time.

TMETC commented on the LCV 2017 (a Low Carbon Vehicle event, scheduled in Millbrook, UK, on September 6-7, 2017) with a post on the micro-blogging site, Twitter, that they will soon be launching the Tata Tiago EV in the market.

The carmaker has used the Tiago as a base for the new EV, as the hatchback’s relatively low-cost platform should help offset some of the costs of the battery and related components.

The government’s recent push towards electric vehicles is sure to have given a boost to Tata’s plans to roll out its own range of EVs sooner rather than later.

Also Read: Tata Tiago crosses 1 lakh bookings

Along with the Tiago EV, the carmaker is also working on the electric versions of Nano, which has been caught-on-camera, being tested near Coimbatore.

Tata Motors is also testing a fully electric bus for eventual roll-out. With this, Tata Motors took another initiative to reduce vehicle emissions.

Along with the Tiago EV, the carmaker is also working on the electric versions of Nano, which has been caught-on-camera, being tested near Coimbatore.

The automaker recently showcased the first Bio-CNG or Bio-Methane bus at the Urja Utsav in Pune, Maharashtra.

Tata has been developing their buses, the Tata Marcopolo, for public transport solutions for India for a considerable time now and has introduced a number of new safety technologies for CNG engines.

http://auto.economictimes.indiatime...heir-first-ever-ev-the-tata-tiago-ev/59768794

TATA is doing all the research with European scientists (they have to Invest Billions of $ in both JLR & TATA motors )

Krusty

Country flag
do You think Indians will Invest their Lakhs of Money on rubbish Cars ?
Categorical yes. A lot many aren't educated enough on automobiles. And most of The modern Indian in metros wouldn't buy a Tata. Unless he wants to save money and want a cheap car.... as of now.

I agree this is a very good opportunity. I don't deny it.

airtel

Country flag
Tata: electric cars will boost steel industry

Electric cars on charge on a London street Credit: Miles Willis/Getty Images Europe
27 August 2017 • 9:37pm
The drive towards greener cars will provide growth opportunities for the steel industry, as electrification of transport creates new markets for suppliers whose fortunes are heavily dependent on conventional cars.

Research from Tata laying out how it expects steel makers to respond to the electric revolution suggests that rather than turning away from steel, car companies are likely to use more of it to try to keep the price of cars down.

Tata’s research indicates that electric vehicles will drive an increase of 4.2m tons a year in demand for steel in Europe between 2015 and 2050 to almost 22.5m tons a year.

The Tata steelworks in the town of Port Talbot, Wales Credit: REBECCA NADEN
About 1.6m tons of this is expected to come from expensive electrical steels used in batteries and electric motors, with the rest being used in structural parts of cars.

Aluminium is already used by some manufacturers because of its lightweight properties to counteract the weight of batteries in electric cars. However, it is expensive and manufacturers could look for cheaper alternatives as electric cars become mainstream to prevent cars rising in price.

Electric cars currently command a premium which early adopters are ready to pay. But, with new regulations being imposed in parts of Europe banning the sale of new cars with petrol or diesel engines by 2040, electric cars will become the norm and cost effective solutions need to be found.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/08/27/tata-electric-cars-will-boost-steel-industry/

airtel

Country flag
Tata Power launches electric vehicle charging facility
By PTI | Updated: Aug 21, 2017, 03.17 PM IST

NEW DELHI: Tata Power today said it has installed its first electric vehicle charging facility at Vikhroli in Mumbai.

Tata Power's aim is to build a network to make it easier for people to adopt to electric vehicles and be future ready, the company said in a statement.

Such an adoption of smart charging infrastructure will help the country achieve its ambitious plan of mass scale shift to electric vehicles by 2030, it said.

Tata Power has taken this initiative of providing charging stations at Tata Power Receiving Station, along with Mass - Tech Controls.

Commenting on this, Anil Sardana, CEO & MD, Tata Power, said in the statement, "We are proud and happy with the launch of electrical vehicle charging stations as Tata Power continues to set a high standard in adopting sustainable practices by using innovative technology, providing customers access to energy-efficient processes."

He further said, "We are moving towards clean power for all and it is our endeavor to provide best of the solutions for our country to achieve a greener tomorrow."

These chargers would facilitate electric car users to charge their cars (battery electric vehicles such as the Mahindra e2o, Nissan Leaf, etc) at any time safely and conveniently. The chargers can also monitor the car battery charging status and units consumed while charging a car.

The company plans to set up charging stations at various locations in Mumbai and is already in discussions with various stakeholders, it added.

http://m.economictimes.com/industry...le-charging-facility/articleshow/60157205.cms

Reactions: Kay

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
The main problems of an EV is its range and charging time, rest can be made luxurious. Tork T6X is a luxurious E Bike with 27 nm torque :megusta: but only 100km range which is a real deal breaker...

singhboy98

Country flag
ICE are going to be relics within the next 20 years. The next generation will laugh at our attachment with ICE. Most of the people are forgetting that the battery tech we have right now is fairly primitive (a la ICE in the 1940s). But there are going to be some fairly fantastic disruptions in this field very soon. Lucid Motors already claims to have tested an all electric luxury sedan (Lucid Air) to 350 kmph. They say, that with its current tech, it is capable of 370kmph. Don't you see, the v1 of EVs are already outmatching acceleration and speed of the latest ICE.

God, it is going to one exciting time for science lovers and motorheads.

singhboy98

Country flag
ICE are going to be relics within the next 20 years. The next generation will laugh at our attachment with ICE. Most of the people are forgetting that the battery tech we have right now is fairly primitive (a la ICE in the 1940s). But there are going to be some fairly fantastic disruptions in this field very soon. Lucid Motors already claims to have tested an all electric luxury sedan (Lucid Air) to 350 kmph. They say, that with its current tech, it is capable of 370kmph. Don't you see, the v1 of EVs are already outmatching acceleration and speed of the latest ICE.

singhboy98

Country flag

Berkut

Country flag
I drive a Nissan Leaf. Owned It for 6 months now. It is fully electric, does NOT have an internal combustion engine.
Absolutely love it.
Positives:
1. It's quiet. No noise.
2. No servicing required.
3. Due to regenerative braking, brake pads last a life time.
4. Warrant of Fitness (WOF)gets done in minutes rather than hours.
WOF is like a bi-annual check of your vehicle required by NZ law. Similar to the MOT in the UK. I haven't needed a WOF as my car is new. Will only require it next year.
5. No servicing required. The only fluid that requires replacement really is the wiper fluid.
6. Because the safety rating of an EV (Due to no IC engine) is off the charts, I save heaps in insurance.

Downsides:
We still use the family SUV for road trips out of town as unlike the US or Scandinavia super chargers are a rarity in NZ.

Additional info.
I have not used a public super charger till now. I only charge by plugging my car into the normal plug point in my garage every alternate week day.
From say 5 pm till 5 am you get about 60% to 70% charge(roughly).
Due to my pattern of commute, I never go down below 40 to 50% anyway(that's like max), normally I only use 20% on a week day so my batteries are almost always around the recommended 80% charge level.
The vehicle range depends on the type of terrain you drive on and the range numbers the dash shows is damn accurate.(unlike petrol cars)

I suppose once the EV eco system is fully built around the country I wouldn't hesitate taking the leaf out on road trips either. My monthly electricity bill has gone up by 10%, so heaps cheaper than petrol.

Oh and the acceleration is NUTS!!! you feel the Gs

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
I drive a Nissan Leaf. Owned It for 6 months now. It is fully electric, does NOT have an internal combustion engine.
Absolutely love it.
Positives:
1. It's quiet. No noise.
2. No servicing required.
3. Due to regenerative braking, brake pads last a life time.
4. Warrant of Fitness (WOF)gets done in minutes rather than hours.
WOF is like a bi-annual check of your vehicle required by NZ law. Similar to the MOT in the UK. I haven't needed a WIG as my car is new. Will only require it next year.
5. No servicing required. The only fluid that requires replacement really is the wiper fluid.
6. Because the safe rating of an EV (Due to no IC engine) is off the charts, I save heaps in insurance.

Downsides:
We still use the family SUV for road trips out of town as unlike the US or Scandinavia super chargers are a rarity in NZ.

Additional info.
I have not used a public super charger till now. I only charge by plugging my car into the normal plug point in my garage every alternate week day.
From say 5 pm till 5 am you get about 60% to 70% charge(roughly).
Due to my pattern of commute, I never go down below 40 to 50% anyway(that's like max), normally I only use 20% on a week day so my batteries are almost always around the recommended 80% charge level.
The vehicle range depends on the type of terrain you drive on and the range numbers the dash shows is damn accurate.(unlike petrol cars)

I suppose once the EV eco system is fully built around the country I wouldn't hesitate taking the leaf out on road trips either.
But.. but that nose bro.. It looks like a frog. :facepalm:

upload_2017-8-30_19-55-42.png

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
^^^^^^^^^^^kis nalle ne ye gaadi design ki hai}¿¿¿

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
Instantaneous torque makes the acceleration feel way more than it is lol

0-60 on that car is 10.4 seconds. For reference, my 4 cylinder turbo gets there in 4.8
Ninja her does that in 2.4seconds only...

Internal combustion engine fuck the world.

Electric car gays.........******s

Krusty

Country flag
Jap bikes are for people who cannot afford 50l ducati.(zx-10rr costs 25l)
Well, it's like a Ferrari. But there are many cheap cars that can keep up with a Ferrari. But if you aren't a pimp, or a rapper or a rich persons kid, you can't have one.

You know what they say, Ferrari (Ducati in this case) isnt 10x faster, it is just to compensate for their small .... feet :scared1:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles