Electric cars & bikes discussion

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
http://jalopnik.com/anyone-can-open-tesla-front-trunks-with-no-key-1792149106

Anyone Can Open Tesla Front Trunks With No Key

First, I just want to go on record stating that I love front trunks, or, as Tesla likes to call them, ‘frunks.’ Despite my love for frunks, I have to admit that a frunk that’s not really able to be securely locked isn’t that useful a trunk. And it appears that all Tesla frunks from 2014 on are not secure, so be careful what you put in there.

This came to our attention from this video, but the truth is that this information has been available, on the public internet, for quite a while. The video shows the trunk-opening process on a Model X:

Attachments

Krusty

Country flag
http://jalopnik.com/anyone-can-open-tesla-front-trunks-with-no-key-1792149106

Anyone Can Open Tesla Front Trunks With No Key

First, I just want to go on record stating that I love front trunks, or, as Tesla likes to call them, ‘frunks.’ Despite my love for frunks, I have to admit that a frunk that’s not really able to be securely locked isn’t that useful a trunk. And it appears that all Tesla frunks from 2014 on are not secure, so be careful what you put in there.

This came to our attention from this video, but the truth is that this information has been available, on the public internet, for quite a while. The video shows the trunk-opening process on a Model X:
:pound:

Damn I would have loved to have attended the meeting where they went ' ok we can open the front trunk with no key? Ok. Approved. Just print the information and make it public.'.

airtel

Country flag
Saar just because something is small and cheap doesn't mean it must lack quality.

Did you know Tata tried to market the indica in Europe via Rover. Infact, drastically modifying it and adding a lot more safety features and refinement?
View attachment 19475

The project was shutdown in just a few months. Europe tried it and spat it out. How do the Koreans and Japanese manage to hold on to that market where quality is of utmost priority and we cannot? Check out the smart car. It's tiny, well built and thoughtfully designed. If you invest these qualities people in the west will pay for it gladly. The Japanese did it. The Koreans are doing it even after a late start. We failed and didn't even try it again. Our 'latest' cars are latest only by chronology. Our engines, chassis, suspension and everything that is important to the car are still stuck in the late 90s at best. is it wonder that Hyundai is selling like hot cakes in India?

This is what I mean.

Again these cars are dirt cheap ..............

TATA is also owner of jaguar landrover Motors ..............and they make costly & Good cars .

pay more money and Get Better quality .

and yes in India , maruti suzuki cars are selling Like Hot cakes ............just one model of Hundai is successful i10 because it is extremely cheap

under 10 lkh rupees most selling car is Dzire .

and above 10 lakhs Honda civic /city .

Last edited:

SKC

Country flag
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
In May 2004, Rover refused to lend a CityRover to motoring show Top Gear to test it. In order to answer the question of "just how bad could it be?" James May went undercover and test drove one at a dealer while carrying a hidden camera. May went on to say, "that is the worst car I have driven on this programme".[9]
Do Not believe what top gear says. They have history of Bias against Non European Cars. Their lead had openly abused Indians and Indian cars repeatedly.

Krusty

Country flag
Do Not believe what top gear says. They have history of Bias against Non European Cars. Their lead had openly abused Indians and Indian cars repeatedly.
Bruh, I follow TOP gear since their first season with the fat guy. They shame every car. It's more like a personal preference.

But the point is, our product didn't sell in Europe at all. That is what's to be noted.

Krusty

Country flag
Again these cars are dirt cheap ..............

TATA is also owner of jaguar landrover Motors ..............and they make costly & Good cars .

pay more money and Get Better quality .

and yes in India , maruti suzuki cars are selling Like Hot cakes ............just one model of Hundai is successful i10 .

Don't look at jaguar.

Bro you are missing the point here. Hyundai manufactures their cars in chennai and ships them to Europe where they are sold. Including small cars and 'cheap' hatchbacks and small saloons.

How have they caught the European market? Do you think their cheaper models compromise on quality and still manage to sell in Europe?

I am talking about quality and reliability. Every model should have it. Maruti makes nothing. Suzuki Develops the cars. And they are reliable. The same Suzuki swift sells in Europe too. Unlike our own Tata or Mahindra. They look good. They are reliable. Ofcourse they will sell. This has nothing to do with the fact they are cheap and small. It's just that they are better than our own interms of design, quality and reliability.

Why do you jump immediately to jaguar which has no Indian contribution except the money. Jaguar development and R&D is entirely British.

SKC

Country flag
Bruh, I follow TOP gear since their first season with the fat guy. They shame every car. It's more like a personal preference.

But the point is, our product didn't sell in Europe at all. That is what's to be noted.
I saw their episode of Review of Suzuki Swift, the version sold in Eu in 2006-7. It was really bad review. It seems they were deliberately driving the car bad. They pitted it against a 125cc racing scooter and made it loose to the scooter on track. that was the end of Top Gear for me. Height of Bias.

airtel

Country flag
Don't look at jaguar.

Bro you are missing the point here. Hyundai manufactures their cars in chennai and ships them to Europe where they are sold. Including small cars and 'cheap' hatchbacks and small saloons.

How have they caught the European market? Do you think their cheaper models compromise on quality and still manage to sell in Europe?

I am talking about quality and reliability. Every model should have it. Maruti makes nothing. Suzuki Develops the cars. And they are reliable. The same Suzuki swift sells in Europe too. Unlike our own Tata or Mahindra. They look good. They are reliable. Ofcourse they will sell. This has nothing to do with the fact they are cheap and small. It's just that they are better than our own interms of design, quality and reliability.

Why do you jump immediately to jaguar which has no Indian contribution except the money. Jaguar development and R&D is entirely British.
the people who are designing Jaguar cars can also make cars for TATA , but do you think Europeans will buy TATA cars ?? no , even if they make Good cars ...........just launch the same Jaguar cars with TATA brand name @ Half the Price ...............and nobody will buy .

Korean/Japanese Car market is very Big and they do mass production and thus they reduce cost .........

and for Your Kind information , all these cars of Suzuki & TATA use the same diesel Engines made by Fiat (American company ).......................because this Engine is mass produced and cheaper than their own Engines .
Tata cars are not stuck in 90s technologies .

http://motorbash.com/fiats-1-3l-multijet-diesel-engine-list-of-all-indian-cars-that-run-on-it/

why companies like general Motors , Ford ,Skoda & Volkswagen failed in India ??

instead of making cheap inferior cars , Indian companies should concentrate on luxury , high-end costly cars for western market .
.............this is what tata is doing with JLR and other Indian Companies should also do that .

square

Strategic Issues
why companies like general Motos , Ford & Volkswagen failed in India ??
coz we indian test the cars on its actual performence not on its media made reputation or advertisment....????

whats your view , why they fail here ?

airtel

Country flag
coz we indian test the cars on its actual performence not on its media made reputation or advertisment....????

whats your view , why they fail here ?
their performance are not that bad .............These cars are extremely successful in China but not in India .

in India Maruti suzuki cars are extremely successful ..................because of they are an established a reliable brand name , Better after sales services , more service centers , cheaper spare parts (because of mass Production ) .

especially these Two Models Swift & dzire are selling Like Hot Cakes ..............these cars are mass produced in India and Provide Value For Money .............

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles