DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Arihant Roy

Country flag
Nice knowing you all here, all I can say is DFI had a huge impact in Indian Defence in total. Before going let me share an update new tests of SLCM were successful, in Total 4 tests were conducted: 3 success 1 was aborted. Soon tests of Lr-AshM with HGV will be conducted, PDV MK-2, LR-LACM, NASM-MR, Astra MK-2 and 3, Rudram-2 and 3 etc be conducted in 24-26 timeframe.

LR AsHM has already been tested atleast once successfully. It doesn't have a high L/D HGV. It has a MaRV.

Astra mk2 has been tested successfully more than 10 times. It will soon head for user trials.

RudraM II has also been tested a good no of times. Guidance and seeker functioning has been evaluated. A test with a live warhead is yet to be conducted. RudraM 2 was last tested on 29th May.

The Asat interceptor is labelled as PDV Mk2. The second phase interceptors are AD-1 and AD-2. AD-1 has already been tested in Nov, 2022. AD-2 will most likely be tested in the end of this year or early next year. Another test of AD-1 against a live target is on the cards once the launch site near Digha is completed. In service PDV already uses the same enhanced KKV that was used by the Asat interceptor.

SFDR bvraam - Astra 3 will most likely have its first flight next year.

There may be a test of one of the long range sams in Project Kusha in the coming months.

There may be a public test of K5 once S3 is commissioned in service. K5 has already been tested many times under the guise of K4 test. Its in limited series production.

Brahmos NG captive carriage trials will start later this year or early next year.

RudraM III first test firing is most likely in January next year. Tenders has been issued for modification on a Su-30MKI for carriage of the the RIII. It will be a watershed moment in our history. A high supersonic low hypersonic long standoff range maneuverable air launched ballistic missile. A mini Kinzhal you may say.

Satish Sharma

Country flag
Dang what was surprising for me was 45km range eo sensors. That's great now.
it will make it less susceptible against old anti radiation missiles of Pakistan. they can work passively..
Will also be very effective against stealth aircrafts.
With prior guidance from s400 it can work passively and score kills.

Last edited:

Blood+

Country flag
Nice knowing you all here, all I can say is DFI had a huge impact in Indian Defence in total. Before going let me share an update new tests of SLCM were successful, in Total 4 tests were conducted: 3 success 1 was aborted. Soon tests of Lr-AshM with HGV will be conducted, PDV MK-2, LR-LACM, NASM-MR, Astra MK-2 and 3, Rudram-2 and 3 etc be conducted in 24-26 timeframe.
In the meantime, join the DFI discord server

Satish Sharma

Country flag
See the justification man , he is another paid youtubers.
We need to protect our indigeneous Industry at any cost.
Striker is killing whap
Hermes killing tapas
Now javelin killing MPATGM.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Weight is exactly why the M1128 MGS failed. With the 105mm autoloaded gun turret it reached the max load bearing capacity of the chassis. Hence they couldn't fit additional armor on it. The autoloader takes up too much dead space and the gun has limited traverse angles and even more limited firing angles. Limited space inside also meant that the cooling system was inadequate and it was a sauna inside during ops. A 105mm mobile gun attracts too much attention, and this thing has fuckall armor, unreliable autoloader and limited firing capabilities. I suspect the WhAP will go through similar issues if a 105mm autoloaded gun turret is selected. There won't be any capacity left to give them frontal protection against 30mm autocannons at the least.
Now do you think IA will be interested in that with all these issues? Or would IA be interested in a particular version in a limited number for a specific role under a specific category?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles