DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

RDXChauhan

Country flag
I think I’ll always have my bias towards mgs because of shoot and scoot firepower on move will be more lethal with less consequences from enemy counter but anyways army works on a entirely different logic also I think if we give them chance they will buy the Israeli one so no point of discussion anyways thanks
I think something with a longer range would help, as we can sit faraway away from the range of the enemy's batteries, maybe wrong here I don't know anything about artillery except that my father is in artillery :playball:.
I guess OFB Dhanush has 42 km range, which may have the longest range in our arsenal correct me if I am wrong.
Also we have some 'Pillboxes' as they call it. 5-6 years ago I saw this concept thate they converted Vijayntas and some T series tanks into artillery boxes, ofc they also have hit and run capabilities.

Samej Jangir

Country flag
I think I’ll always have my bias towards mgs because of shoot and scoot firepower on move will be more lethal with less consequences from enemy counter but anyways army works on a entirely different logic also I think if we give them chance they will buy the Israeli one so no point of discussion anyways thanks
I hope you understand that wars are not fought on paved roads but in deserts, fields, forests, mountains etc. Just go out and try running a 4x4 car in a mountainous area or a forested area and you will understand how "immobile" it will be. Shoot & scoot has limited applications for a MGS on trucks. The artillery already has its own APU that can make it move at about 5-10kmph and that much mobility is enough for moving the artillery around rather than use a heavy truck which will get stuck in the difficult terrains.
This is why towed artillery is most preferred by any army, India or even USA. They are cheap, don't need huge fuel supply, don't jam or breakdown and also has limited mobility enough for the field.

Satish Sharma

Country flag
Dude, in this day and age of cheap FPV drones, you really think that's gonna make a difference, especially along the northern frontiers where there simply isn't much room to maneuver whatsoever??
Are you forgetting EW working in background. Do u think army will send soldiers to die by some cheap fpv drones..
We have samyukta EW, hemshakti ew. This ground based ews have very long ranges.. no drone will work in this coverage all our army operations will happen in coverage of this systems..
Then there is hemshakti ew successor of samyukta the more we the less it is for this systems. The capabilities they have is unparalleled.. nothing can work in coverage of this drones they can do signit,comint, elint.
They can detect any signal emission they jammer to counter at long ranges. They can locate the emission. Disrupt the communication. Things don't end here they can also disrupt sar, & any isr platform..
India is completely prepared to tackle this fpv drones. This systems are inducted in large numbers.. infact quite secretly. Things have progressed for samyukta. Hemshakti was also ordered. Which minituarised unit of 25 vehicle specifically for Kashmir..

Last edited:

RDXChauhan

Country flag
A couple of years back, Navy had some SMASH sites which had anti drone capabilities bought from Isreal what happened to those
download (73).jpeg

Someone from the Navy also told that navy did some jugad with Insas to make some anti drone turret which was controlled by remote, but it failed badly.

Blood+

Country flag
Are you forgetting EW working in background. Do u think army will send soldiers to die by some cheap fpv drones..
We have samyukta EW, hemshakti ew. This ground based ews have very long ranges.. no drone will work in this coverage all our army operations will happen in coverage of this systems..
Ok, fair point. What if instead of the simple FPV drones, the enemy start using something like the Lancet that don't even strictly require a datalink for guidance and navigation?? How are you gonna jam those??

Satish Sharma

Country flag
Then there is hemshakti ew 80-100 vehicle in each unit. successor of samyukta 145 vehicle in each unit the more we the less it is for this systems. The capabilities they have is unparalleled. The hemshakti has longer range than samyukta. nothing can work in coverage of this drones they can do signit,comint, elint.
They can detect any signal emission they jammer to counter at long ranges.
They can locate the emission. Disrupt the communication. Things don't end here they can also disrupt sar, & any isr platform..
India is completely prepared to tackle this fpv drones. This systems are inducted in large numbers.. infact quite secretly. Things have progressed for samyukta. Hemshakti was also ordered. Which minituarised unit of 25 vehicle specifically for Kashmir..
Ok, fair point. What if instead of the simple FPV drones, the enemy start using something like the Lancet that don't even strictly require a datalink for guidance and navigation?? How are you gonna jam those??
Is lancet AI powered. ? Are u saying it work without operator ?

Last edited:

Satish Sharma

Country flag
The latest version reportedly is.
No system works 100% fine.. every system is vulnerable. The fact is we are way less vulnerable today because of our prepadness.

When it comes to ai lancet. It is not gonna work 100% but taking one thing in account as many will be launched it will be a challenge then.. and how will it work precisely its gps will also be jammed as hemshakti is also capable of doing it. I find ai lancet not a that big problem.. it isn't that big succes in Ukraine either initially it did work. But those were controlled.. how will it locate the artillery ?
Even if data is fed in it would it have ins now ? It can't so it can't be accurate. If it would have been certainly it would have made headlines.

Now even if we say it works as published do our enemies have such right now NO.
And what could be the counters for it ?
Lasers & the small hardkill (eo+radar) systems solar industries are making with Israeli help..
Then we have some drone vs drone counters emerging. So they're counter will come it will make battle field even complex..

On first place I dont beleive ai in this small drone with very limited processing power can take down artillery on its own..

Samej Jangir

Country flag
The latest version reportedly is.
How will AI decide the exact location? Many factors like windspeed, turbulence etc play a big role and it is impossible for AI to predict the exact location. Without location, guidance can't function. So, GPS will always be needed and that can be easily jammed. A simple 5W USB device on Amazon can jam GPS for a large area! Jamming GPS or spoofing GPS with larger kW powered systems will be even more deadly

Satish Sharma

Country flag
Are you forgetting EW working in background. Do u think army will send soldiers to die by some cheap fpv drones.
We have samyukta EW, hemshakti ew. This ground based ews have very long ranges.. no drone will work in this coverage all our army operations will happen in coverage of this systems.
Then there is hemshakti ewew 80-100 vehicle in each unit. successor of samyukta 145 vehicle in each unit the more we talk the less it is for this systems. The capabilities they have is unparalleled. The hemshakti has longer range than samyukta. Samyukta is said to have coverage140x70km for ELINT, SIGINT,COMINT, can also locate emissions of signals(not sure). Could have even longer ranges to jamm drone, communication, gps. nothing can work in coverage of this vehicle based ground EW units they can perform ELINT, SIGINT,COMINT at long ranges.
They can detect any signal emission they jammer to counter at long ranges. They can locate the emission. Disrupt the communication. Things don't end here they can also disrupt SAR, GPS & any ISR platform.
India is completely prepared to tackle this fpv drones. This systems are inducted in large numbers.. infact quite secretly. Things have progressed for samyukta. Hemshakti was also ordered. Which minituarised unit of 25 vehicle specifically for Kashmir.
Edit I did major mistakes while typing.. corrected them here

Blood+

Country flag
How will AI decide the exact location? Many factors like windspeed, turbulence etc play a big role and it is impossible for AI to predict the exact location.
They just have to be guided within the vicinity of their targets and from then on, they can look for and home in on their targets autonomously based on the algorithm.
Without location, guidance can't function. So, GPS will always be needed and that can be easily jammed. A simple 5W USB device on Amazon can jam GPS for a large area! Jamming GPS or spoofing GPS with larger kW powered systems will be even more deadly
Ever heard of a certain system known as INS?? You think NATO hasn't been jamming GLONASS navigation system?? Yet there are countless videos of both sides using drones to punt ground vehicles of the other with near impunity. How do you recon it's happening??

Satish Sharma

Country flag
They just have to be guided within the vicinity of their targets and from then on, they can look for and home in on their targets autonomously based on the algorithm.

Ever heard of a certain system known as INS?? You think NATO hasn't been jamming GLONASS navigation system?? Yet there are countless videos of both sides using drones to punt ground vehicles of the other with near impunity. How do you recon it's happening??
If Ins is used them the purpose of it being economical is lost. And still it doesn't guarantee it will hit all the targets on first place putting ins on such small drone is quite complex , not economically viable. It's viable against important targets as artillery but it does not serve the purpose of being a cheap drone As others have..
I don't even can such tiny kamikazes posses ins or not.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
How will AI decide the exact location? Many factors like windspeed, turbulence etc play a big role and it is impossible for AI to predict the exact location. Without location, guidance can't function. So, GPS will always be needed and that can be easily jammed. A simple 5W USB device on Amazon can jam GPS for a large area! Jamming GPS or spoofing GPS with larger kW powered systems will be even more deadly
Not true. As long as you have ample training data, you can train eo tracking for targets, then guide to target with simple controls

Chinmoy

Country flag
Few doubts regarding uhm
@Arad Operator @Chinmoy
Wasn't the modifications finalized and they were putting those on existing alh
That's what I heard last time
Do u guys have any update on the status of uhm bcoz there were reports that it will go to ccs next as most of the works were done
Then why are they planning to release the amount for development now
Or there is some misconception
IN is operating a folding tail boom and rotor variant?

mokoman

Country flag
u dont even need ai for it . there is digital scene matching tech used for cruise missiles . just take in what the camera sees and match it with a local database . tech is already there for drones . seen open source library for it on github , dont know how effective it is tho .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles