DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Samej Jangir

Country flag
It's 200 kg Shyena light weight torpedo that SMART carries.. I think we should build a bigger missile with higher range, able to carry 1.5 ton Varunastra with a 50 km range.. to blow up PLA capital ships..
Why would you want that? The heavy lifting & long range movement will be done in the air and the torpedo is only for last minute kill inside water. It has a range of 15-20km which is enough of a range when the submarine location is already detected. The maximum speed of a submarine is 60kmph and that too in cruising straight. No matter what, a submarine can never even come close to a supersonic missile. A submarine can be destroyed even by a small hole as the pressurised water rushes in, sealing its fate once it gets hit

So, there is no need to give long chase by Varunastra. As for ships, they can be directly targeted by Ash missiles. No need for SMART missiles.

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
Armenians forces do need overhaul.. especially airforce regarding army I don't know much. But use of modern tactics In case of weapons like atgm, tanks is must. I think they're doctrine is not so good..
Especially for air defence systems hope we also give them some knowledge,tactics regarding akash.. they lost they're Sam's badly last time..
They don't have experience in bvr either...

Anyways mereko to gut feeling ari hai Armenia will be the first customer for MPATGM.
Armenians don't have 3rd generation fire & forget atgm...
i consider the opposite i thing they should work on air denial than air superiority and they should sell those flankers they are left with buying air defence is anyday cheaper to armenia and procure them in massive number that the tb2 harop and jfff-17 should be forced to maintain distance
remember they arnt going to fight an offensive war
they should get vlsam and mrsam (if possible) an a lot of loitering drones too

also for a fact azeris lost as much soldiers as armenia in the karabak war but armenia cant fight like that they should get the deaths at least half to that of azeris
mpatgm is a good system i think so too that they should get them

It is never about cost in defence. Defence is a life or death situation. One does not count the cost. It is about scaling. Indigenous weapons can be scaled drastically when in need. But imported weapons will be restricted by foreign suppliers. It will be like Iran-Iraq war where USA was supplying to both sides just to get both iran & Iraq to destroyn& weaken each other while USA makes all the gains
it is indeed of cost too especially when 49% profits are going to russia in any case thus the indiginisation becomes a slow and steady process to not damage the finances and in the same time make progress if its not about the funds kaveri project may still be happening and we would had an engine today for mk1a
Any indigenous weapon can be scaled. All defence production has huge idle capacity as backup and this is why defence weapons cost is overinflated. But imported weapons will be subject to foreign politics.
true thats why think of both ends not damaging your economy now and to maintain progress

Samej Jangir

Country flag
it is indeed of cost too especially when 49% profits are going to russia in any case thus the indiginisation becomes a slow and steady process to not damage the finances and in the same time make progress if its not about the funds kaveri project may still be happening and we would had an engine today for mk1a

true thats why think of both ends not damaging your economy now and to maintain progress
There is no cost involved in indigenisation. R&D is a one time cost and it can't be considered as a cost at all. If you have to do indigenisation, do it in one go and then be free to work in other programs. Why waste time and spend even more money for delays over long term? It is like how some low IQ people buy from credit card and repay only the minimum due and end up paying 3-4 times as much over its life time

Samej Jangir

Country flag
Flying Wedge Defence and Aerospace Technologies Unveils India’s First Indigenous Bomber UAV. Made in India, Flying Wedge Defence 200B, marks a historic milestone in our nation's defence technology landscape"

Here it is

View attachment 251274

View attachment 251275
This looks like a joke. Such fat drone with such tiny fans? Seriously, why does a drone need such a fat tube when no one sits in it? It also lowers fuel efficiency and provides no benefit. It looks like a joke which will go nowhere

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
There is no cost involved in indigenisation. R&D is a one time cost and it can't be considered as a cost at all. If you have to do indigenisation, do it in one go and then be free to work in other programs. Why waste time and spend even more money for delays over long term? It is like how some low IQ people buy from credit card and repay only the minimum due and end up paying 3-4 times as much over its life time
i think you are not getting my point my point is we can delay indiginisation in brahmos specifically cause russia takes away huge chunk of our profits if we spend too much it aint gonna be economically viable in short to long term

while the rnd we should spend heavily is in independent systems like the sfdr, project kusha and the star

Samej Jangir

Country flag
these are the stats
MTOW is just 500kg with that fat belly? That big design itself will have 500+kg empty weight even without any LRUs. 4 engines are not going to be light weight. But with LRUs, it will be heavier. Also, expecting 12+ hour flight with 100kg fuel is a joke

Samej Jangir

Country flag
I read from another forum that the most flagship latest technology is some Rhenium based alloy which USA and France has access to the mines, its very rare and only some 150 tons is mined every year. So what is that? Can anyone classify Jet Engine Technology based on Generations, I want a ranking "Technology" not on Engines themselves. For example, a M88 can be as advanced as F-135 even though it makes half the thrust(For Example Iam saying).
No one has access to major quantity of rhenium. Chile, USA & Poland are top 3 producer producing 80% rhenium & still they are producing only 35tons. Rhenium is extremely difficult to mine and it is a slow & low quantity process. This is why many countries avoid rhenium engines for defence as during wars, its production will limit engine production. Rhenium is only used for civilian planes to improve fuel efficiency but is a major strategic risk for defence use

Last edited:

Samej Jangir

Country flag
i think smart would be mostly to deter the plan from straight of malacca and a ship based smart would be integrated in the ngd and smart is still in testing phase maybe we may develop a new missile or torpedo to garner most advantage in this type of system
sending a ship or submarine to take out other sub may possible be a costly affair and shore based long range smart can perform the submarine denial very efficiently too with the ship based ones
PLAN ship? It is the NATO which is the main threat. PLAN is a figment of imagination. Malaysia, Indonesia are not friendly to China in the first place & there is also our A&N located conveniently close to Malacca. But the problem is with deterring NATO ships in case they interfere. As for hunting ships, we already have Brahmos and Anti ship ballistic missiles. Why would you use a torpedo to destroy a ship? Ships are big and can be easily hit with ASh missile. No need to use slow torpedoes.

i think you are not getting my point my point is we can delay indiginisation in brahmos specifically cause russia takes away huge chunk of our profits if we spend too much it aint gonna be economically viable in short to long term

while the rnd we should spend heavily is in independent systems like the sfdr, project kusha and the star
How does it make sense? How will India indigenising Brahmos cause losses? Indigenising does not mean using the indigenous tech right away. Indigenising is a 1 time cost and all one has to do is develop the tech & make some 100% working tech demonstrators & kept as a substitute for using as and when needed during emergency.

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
PLAN ship? It is the NATO which is the main threat. PLAN is a figment of imagination. Malaysia, Indonesia are not friendly to China in the first place & there is also our A&N located conveniently close to Malacca. But the problem is with deterring NATO ships in case they interfere. As for hunting ships, we already have Brahmos and Anti ship ballistic missiles. Why would you use a torpedo to destroy a ship? Ships are big and can be easily hit with ASh missile. No need to use slow torpedoes.
wtf i dont think nato would be a threat till at least 30-50 years from now also what i meant was plan submarines my bad

How does it make sense? How will India indigenising Brahmos cause losses? Indigenising does not mean using the indigenous tech right away. Indigenising is a 1 time cost and all one has to do is develop the tech & make some 100% working tech demonstrators & kept as a substitute for using as and when needed during emergency.
bruh i said indiginising slowly for long term in case of brahmos which is a jv
tell me how economically viable is to fund billions to a newly created company with no profit whatsoever rather let them mature get orders diverse the portfolio and then indiginise steadly

while indiginising rapidly in fully indian owned things like sfdr(Solid fuel ducted ramjet) and astra mk3 (sfdr based) and star (ramjet powered)

Samej Jangir

Country flag
wtf i dont think nato would be a threat till at least 30-50 years from now also what i meant was plan submarines my bad
NATO is the immediate threat. PLAN/China is not. It is just media hype with no basis. NATO is just sitting next doors in Diego Garcia and even funded Muizzu in Maldives to irritate India and make India quit the military installations.
Yet, for some magical & imaginary reason, it is China which is the threat?
bruh i said indiginising slowly for long term in case of brahmos which is a jv
tell me how economically viable is to fund billions to a newly created company with no profit whatsoever rather let them mature get orders diverse the portfolio and then indiginise steadly

while indiginising rapidly in fully indian owned things like sfdr(Solid fuel ducted ramjet) and astra mk3 (sfdr based) and star (ramjet powered)
Who asked to fund Brahmos corporation? It is DRDO that develops tech, not Brahmos JV. Brahmos just assembles the missiles. That is why DRDO person is appointed as Brahmos head. This is also why Russian parts were imported & not made by Brahmos corp under license. Why do you think India will agree for Russian parts to be imported but Indian parts to be made by Brahmos JV while also sharing profit with Russia?

captscooby81

Country flag
He even said high probability of getting Hornets at that time then seeing any TED Bee F dummy , and it happened like that just that rafale came out of syllabus and pushed hornet out .

It's not surprising for me at least, because I remember chats of @captscooby81 with one of test pilot that landed LCA Navy on INS Vikramaditya some years ago, that guy had openly replied when asked about it that
- ORCA is a pipe dream
- TEDBF design itself has not been fixed yet (perhaps done so by now but back then it was not)
or some more things;
this all information straight from the horse's mouth back when everyone here was circlejerking over those renders of ORCA, TEDBF etc presented by Kuntal and so

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles