DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Satish Sharma

Country flag
sss ? maybe to armenia they are the only friendly country that import form us heavily nepal maybe too cause they recently place the bullets order to sss defence too
Watch video again they want to keep name secret. Whose adversary is having problems ?

Satish Sharma

Country flag
Alpha defence did a big mistake now we all know media will start quoting it was Armenia. Anyways ajeris will know Armenia has got something new from us.. given the condition anyone will know who is costumer, if they want to keep it secret..
Even in past some SSS interview by some layman channels I have seen them saying we are talking with Armenia for sales

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
Alpha defence did a big mistake now we all know media will start quoting it was Armenia. Anyways ajeris will know Armenia has got something new from us.. given the condition anyone will know who is costumer, if they want to keep it secret..
Even in past some SSS interview by some layman channels I have seen them saying we are talking with Armenia for sales
yeah they shouldnt do that especially if the maker and the recipient doesnt want to be named publically

maybe we are training some sf guys in armenia too what are the chances for that imo high

mamamia12

Midhani delivers Nickle based super alloy for mig29 engines....😍😍
I read from another forum that the most flagship latest technology is some Rhenium based alloy which USA and France has access to the mines, its very rare and only some 150 tons is mined every year. So what is that? Can anyone classify Jet Engine Technology based on Generations, I want a ranking "Technology" not on Engines themselves. For example, a M88 can be as advanced as F-135 even though it makes half the thrust(For Example Iam saying).

Samej Jangir

Country flag
if a submarine is 100-50km of your border undetected you would be fked already also submarine speeds are way lesser than ships if detected near shore they are doomed no need for making a expensive missile fire a varunastra (40-50km range) and get it done while lets say your mk9b and p8i detect a submarine 500-600km from your shore either they can fire their torpedo or fire a smart
I am not saying a shore based missile to hunt submarines but a ship based missile. India has a huge network of underwater sensors in its terrestrial waters & EEZ which can detect submarines and any approaching vessels. Yes, it is good for shore based missile. But we need a ship based missile with shorter range so that the ship can immediately target and quickly hunt down any submarine it detects
More range == more clearance from Indian shores
I don't see a reason why it can't be ship launched, if the missile and torpedo can be canisterized 🤔
It can be ship launched but it will be too big & reduce quantity. Also, its large size & booster will mean it will have a minimum range of 50-100km which means submarines that are at 40-45km can't be hit. Since most ship CONAR detections are effective at sub 50km range, this missile won't be helpful. Also, it is too big for a helicopter.
I think SMART would be most useful in giving strike power to unmanned systems, which can get sonobuoys et cetera but dont usually carry torpedos.
Unmanend drone that will carry 1+ton missile is very difficult to make. It is also completely unnecessary

Satish Sharma

Country flag
maybe we are training some sf guys in armenia too what are the chances for that imo high
Armenians forces do need overhaul.. especially airforce regarding army I don't know much. But use of modern tactics In case of weapons like atgm, tanks is must. I think they're doctrine is not so good..
Especially for air defence systems hope we also give them some knowledge,tactics regarding akash.. they lost they're Sam's badly last time..
They don't have experience in bvr either...

Anyways mereko to gut feeling ari hai Armenia will be the first customer for MPATGM.
Armenians don't have 3rd generation fire & forget atgm...

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
I am not saying a shore based missile to hunt submarines but a ship based missile. India has a huge network of underwater sensors in its terrestrial waters & EEZ which can detect submarines and any approaching vessels. Yes, it is good for shore based missile. But we need a ship based missile with shorter range so that the ship can immediately target and quickly hunt down any submarine it detects
i think smart would be mostly to deter the plan from straight of malacca and a ship based smart would be integrated in the ngd and smart is still in testing phase maybe we may develop a new missile or torpedo to garner most advantage in this type of system
sending a ship or submarine to take out other sub may possible be a costly affair and shore based long range smart can perform the submarine denial very efficiently too with the ship based ones

Samej Jangir

Country flag
i think the only part left is the engine btw i view this differently even if we make 100% or 25% the profits would be taken by russia too since they own 49.5% of brahmos aerospace so if the missile is being cheaper to import from russia take things gradually like we do ,no need to spend so much into rnd (since most of it is spended by us in brahmos aerospace) right away
It is never about cost in defence. Defence is a life or death situation. One does not count the cost. It is about scaling. Indigenous weapons can be scaled drastically when in need. But imported weapons will be restricted by foreign suppliers. It will be like Iran-Iraq war where USA was supplying to both sides just to get both iran & Iraq to destroyn& weaken each other while USA makes all the gains
i get it completly but i think we undermine our production capacity too we sold 90000 (40000 in 2017,50000 in 2019) shells to uae while doing our usual consumption too at the lowest i assume the 15 day stock we maintain = 5000x15=45000 shell (At the very least) so i assume every year 180000 shells to be manufactured since we place orders in quaters i guess that just shells replaced we must fire a lot in practice and evaluation too so 250000 per annum would be the very least production capacity right now in peace time which could be overwelmingly increased in war time (all this calculation is very vague and may not be true)
Any indigenous weapon can be scaled. All defence production has huge idle capacity as backup and this is why defence weapons cost is overinflated. But imported weapons will be subject to foreign politics.
I think India already has an indigenous liquid ramjet for Brahmos.. and hence Russia was in no position to deny Brahmos sale to philippines, inspite of Russia's close ties to China.. It was probably India telling Russia, we either sell Brahmos with indigenous engine to Philippines, or you can agree to the sale with Russian engine , and receive your cut..
India has started Brahmos NG project already. It is likely that India has the ramjet engine. Since the engine is not really high tech as compared to the guidance, design etc and the fact that India has been studying it for 20+ years, it is highly likely that India has its own engines. If that is the case, during wars, India will be able to mass manufacture in huge scales as per needs and is a good thing.

But regarding philippines, I don't think India would have sold high end missiles as Philippines is still USA ally although after Dueterte it has been shifting clsoer to China/Russia. There is still a risk that USA can reverse engineer Brahmos via Philippines. It is likely sale from Russia the Onix missile indirectly routed via India as Brahmos. Philippines was about to buy Russian missiles when USA-EU sanctioned Russia. Philippines is wary of breaching sanctions & used indirect path

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles