DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
No. I've posted bomber UAV pic here apart from loitering munition.

But I think people here are thinking about it with some other ideas in mind.
Can you post it again bhaiya I must have missed it my bad or I don't remember it

RDXChauhan

14 tonnes payload :rofl: i think you meant mtow also he is talking about currently not in future

which one please reshare
Yeah I read it in a magazine long back, poor guess I made
But wouldn't it be easy to design a bomber uav, on existing platforms.
I am just trying to engage, I don't know much about UAVs

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Designing a bomber UAV on Ghatak is definitely something we can do but does not seem like any of the 3 forces are interested in a bomber at the moment with air force chief even saying before that they aren't looking to accuire bombers rn.

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
thats can be done with ghatak
firstly the job of uavs are to do isr and suveylance in real time thats why most have a long endurance and altitude to keep hovering over an area and see what enemies are upto
with the development in eo sights and sensors the weight reduced drastically so mounting missiles on uav became easier and with the overall cheapness of the system it became a good tool to counter small milatia and in cases of no air defences

but the cost was that the uav are slow and easily detectable so even the worse systems can take down drones with relatively ease

ghatak fixes this exact problem while it wouldnt be as cheap to fly as other uav it would offer stealth or radar invisibility which would eventually make it fly in and out safer and it may carry a missile or glide bombs to perform specific missions

also once you master a type of aircraft enlarging and downgrading is comparatively easy with lesser funds required

Chinmoy

Country flag
Oo I got it they are different the one that the private company is planning to unveil is more like a b-21 unmanned bomber that we were talking about let's see what we see tomorrow my guess is they will unveil and look for fundings
And where from you got the news that it would be B-21ish ?

Azaad

Country flag
Oo I got it they are different the one that the private company is planning to unveil is more like a b-21 unmanned bomber that we were talking about let's see what we see tomorrow my guess is they will unveil and look for fundings
What ?

I doubt any nation outside the US has the capacity to design develop & mfg all the tech that goes into a B-21 . India , as of now , doesn't feature in that list & when it does , going ahead , it's only going to be ADA which'd be in a position to do so , not some unknown Pvt entity .

It seems to me some sort of a joke that an unmanned UAV capable of dropping a grenade or mortar like we're seeing in Ukraine is now being referred to as a UAV bomber yet in all likelihood that's exactly what you'd get to see at the unveiling tomm .

RDXChauhan

thats can be done with ghatak
firstly the job of uavs are to do isr and suveylance in real time thats why most have a long endurance and altitude to keep hovering over an area and see what enemies are upto
with the development in eo sights and sensors the weight reduced drastically so mounting missiles on uav became easier and with the overall cheapness of the system it became a good tool to counter small milatia and in cases of no air defences

but the cost was that the uav are slow and easily detectable so even the worse systems can take down drones with relatively ease

ghatak fixes this exact problem while it wouldnt be as cheap to fly as other uav it would offer stealth or radar invisibility which would eventually make it fly in and out safer and it may carry a missile or glide bombs to perform specific missions

also once you master a type of aircraft enlarging and downgrading is comparatively easy with lesser funds required
Wow sir very nicely explained, I read some time back that an MQ9 was shot by houthis.
Has nobody developed a turbojet uav or any other countries who are working on something like this?

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
What ?

I doubt any nation outside the US has the capacity to design develop & mfg all the tech that goes into a B-21 ? India as of now doesn't feature in that list & when it does going ahead , it's only going to be ADA which'd be in a position to do so , not some unknown Pvt entity .

It seems to me some sort of a joke that an unmanned UAV capable of dropping a grenade or mortar like we're seeing in Ukraine is now being referred to as a UAV bomber yet in all likelihood that's exactly what you'd get to see at the unveiling tomm .
i think he meant a flying wing design (not specifically b21) drone which is smaller and compact does bombing and isr in short range and comes back

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Wow sir very nicely explained, I read some time back that an MQ9 was shot by houthis.
Has nobody developed a turbojet uav or any other countries who are working on something like this?
MQ9s get shot down here and there they operate in those areas where they are easy to take down nothing more to it

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
A SWIFT kind of UAV then. It's beyond the scope of Pvt entities in India as of now.
That's why I think they either have backing of some of our forces or are looking for investors with this press conference

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles