DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Most of the corporates throughout the world do, what can be done? Can't take the Russian or the Chinese way. An interesting anecdote did rounds about the Japanese in this regard. They were fairly religion agnostic/ atheist people by the 70s and 80s (at least the business elites). When they had to crack business deals with the religious Arabs, they converted to Islam in the morning, signed a deal with the Arabs in the afternoon, and were back to the bar in the evening celebrating with sake. Obviously, it was hyperbole but the message always stayed the same- "All dollars are green". Who cares where the other guy's ideological inclination is? They want to hire only women? Great, let them do that. It takes off some pressure from the job markets. They want Green Energy thingy? Good, pitch them proposals to buy green bonds at rates lesser than the going rates in capital markets and finance your development.
We should happily play along and get the best deal for our people's benefit. Use them when you can't fight them all.
Ya'll Nibbiars it's exactly opposite they use us rather than we.

notaname

Country flag
Shree Refrigerations

They are supplying AC's for Scorpene submarines and P17A with some other ships also.

Their price is less than four times of any other European supplier.

They are going to expand in Magnetic chillers for data centres also by partnering with a Canadian company and will setup a plant in India for manufacturing.

Screenshot_2021-10-02-18-40-07-117_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Screenshot_2021-10-02-18-41-14-848_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Screenshot_2021-10-02-18-45-43-958_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Screenshot_2021-10-02-18-40-01-277_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Screenshot_2021-10-02-18-39-56-419_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Shree Refrigerations

They are supplying AC's for Scorpene submarines and P17A with some other ships also.

Their price is less than four times of any other European supplier.

They are going to expand in Magnetic chillers for data centres also by partnering with a Canadian company and will setup a plant in India for manufacturing.

View attachment 112829

View attachment 112828
View attachment 112827
View attachment 112832
View attachment 112831
Notice he says they were able to deliver some component for 3.5 lakhs which when imported costs 1 crore, in the same discussion he also says they need financial support for marketing. probably this explains why we don't see marketing from domestic defence industries.

obviously the imported piece costs 1 crore because the sales and marketing budget is included in the cost.

at some point in medium term Indian defence industries will have to come to an understanding among themselves, as to how much they add to their manufacturing cost for other expenses while ensuring they don't under cut each other by quoting the manufacturing cost for a tender.

Karthi

Country flag
DRDO Chaff

CHAFF ONBOARD.jpg
CHAFF.jpg

DRDO AERV

AERV.jpg

AERV is based on BMP-II vehicle with amphibious capability to cross water obstacles

Reconnaissance capability in hatch down condition

Unique combination of water and land recce instruments

Data storage facility

Capable of performing underwater survey

Route marking capability

Environmental control unit for crew comfort

PHH.jpg

PHH of NGARM . This one is a biggy.

IMG_20211002_202617.jpg

Schematic of INSAS 5.56

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
India’s Military Industrial Complex in the making, atleast 2 Indian companies involved in this aircraft project as of now.

Alpha Defense 🇮🇳 (@alpha_defense) Tweeted:
Bangalore-based Fokker Elmo SASMOS Interconnection Systems Limited has been awarded a contract to make the Electrical Interconnections Systems for the Boeing-Saab T-7A jet trainer. https://t.co/RZO4M1nhDo

Edit: official confirmation from SAAB.

Last edited:

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Oh and forgot to tell ya’ll that LUH prototype has been sent back to Ladakh for testing, and my “reliable sources” tell me that after it’s tests are once again completed, it will be shipped in a PSLV by ISRO to Moon for Lunar trials.
1633336993266.jpeg

Mantospace

Country flag
Oh and forgot to tell ya’ll that LUH prototype has been sent back to Ladakh for testing, and my “reliable sources” tell me that after it’s tests are once again completed, it will be shipped in a PSLV by ISRO to Moon for Lunar trials.
View attachment 113118
Wat mean by last line ? Army rejected it ?

Blue Water Navy

Zeroed
Country flag

@Aditya Ballal @Hariharan_kalarikkal @Jimih @ajay7322 @Aniruddha Mulay @asaffronladoftherisingsun @Maharaj samudragupt @Nationalist Manasvi Papa @fire starter @kunal sung @vampyrbladez @Lost user
@Marliii @Bharatiye @Subham Show

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
View attachment 113118
1633352819143.jpeg

sorcerer

Country flag
DRDO set for experimental test of long range land attack cruise missile

BHUBANESWAR: The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) is all set for an experimental test of India’s first long range land attack cruise missile from a defence facility off Odisha coast next week.

The missile, also dubbed as Indigenous Technology Cruise Missile (ITCM), a derivative of Nirbhay, will be flight-tested with indigenously developed engine, propulsion and navigation systems.

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag

@Aditya Ballal @Hariharan_kalarikkal @Jimih @ajay7322 @Aniruddha Mulay @asaffronladoftherisingsun @Maharaj samudragupt @Nationalist Manasvi Papa @fire starter @kunal sung @vampyrbladez @Lost user
@Marliii @Bharatiye @Subham Show
These kinds of things can be done by a high school or a first year college student these days. If DRDO integrated a secure Indian military chip for processing, then at least it is worthwhile. If not, it will be such a low tech thing to do. DRDO is not able to even conceptualize projects like DARPA of US does. Execution is far away. Until india finds a way to stop the brain drain, things are not going to improv. I was talking to a family friend whose kid went to Canada to get an undergrad despite getting admitted to an IIT. He claims that IITs are garbage compared to even a 50+ rank US or Canadian university in terms of how good and practical the engineering teaching is, and how readily engineering skills can be applied on the job from day 1. He said a couple of IIT graduates he knows had to get further computer science education from 2nd tier universities like the University of Florida to get their skills up to par and actually be job ready. I know PM Modi is trying to make education meaningful and job ready in India. But i think it is a very, very tough task to actually have high-grade engineering education in India. For example, would anyone even do aerospace engineering in India? No way. You won’t be job ready. STEM education in India must improve rapidly right from high school to college levels. The focus should be on gaining skills to become job ready and just get a degree for degree’s sake.

charlie

Country flag
These kinds of things can be done by a high school or a first year college student these days. If DRDO integrated a secure Indian military chip for processing, then at least it is worthwhile. If not, it will be such a low tech thing to do. DRDO is not able to even conceptualize projects like DARPA of US does. Execution is far away. Until india finds a way to stop the brain drain, things are not going to improv. I was talking to a family friend whose kid went to Canada to get an undergrad despite getting admitted to an IIT. He claims that IITs are garbage compared to even a 50+ rank US or Canadian university in terms of how good and practical the engineering teaching is, and how readily engineering skills can be applied on the job from day 1. He said a couple of IIT graduates he knows had to get further computer science education from 2nd tier universities like the University of Florida to get their skills up to par and actually be job ready. I know PM Modi is trying to make education meaningful and job ready in India. But i think it is a very, very tough task to actually have high-grade engineering education in India. For example, would anyone even do aerospace engineering in India? No way. You won’t be job ready. STEM education in India must improve rapidly right from high school to college levels. The focus should be on gaining skills to become job ready and just get a degree for degree’s sake.
I worked in Tata communication in India and worked for couple of big defence contractors in North America, the biggest different I find is attitude, support and working environment is very different. But I don’t have experience working in defence firm in India so I am assuming it’s not much different than in any other company in India.

I can go on and on but maybe some other time.

it’s not the brain drain i think, there are ample of talent available there just not the right environment and money as well.

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
I worked in Tata communication in India and worked for couple of big defence contractors in North America, the biggest different I find is attitude, support and working environment is very different. But I don’t have experience working in defence firm in India so I am assuming it’s not much different than in any other company in India.

I can go on and on but maybe some other time.

it’s not the brain drain i think, there are ample of talent available there just not the right environment and money as well.
Yes. Right environment comes only when people get interested in STEM subjects right from high school and then go to university and do really meaningful projects that are at the same level as most good universities in the world. In India, people can graduate from a mechanical engineering course not knowing the difference between a nut and a bolt - much less on actually learning about how to do modern things like nano machines for defense etc. The entire education system needs to change to get that right attitude in society. PM Modi must institute a 10 crore, 5 crore, 2 crore prize for the top 3 science/engineering achievement in India every year. Without our universities getting world class, we will never be able to compete with the west or china in doing big projects. And yes, we need a lot more money going into science and technology. We have a lot of people who can get to these levels but the government is simply unable to get education levels higher. For example, the kid I was talking about is building controllers and aerial devices in semester 1, year 1 of his undergraduate. He is already writing programs to manipulate signals from motherboards which is what small computers in missile control do. How many of our kids get this exposure in Year 1 of their UG? Our kids graduate electrical engineering with outdated theoretical knowledge which cannot be put to use in areas like chip design etc. They have to go abroad to get a Masters to be job ready and then they dont come back. Until we make our undergraduate programs job worthy, we are going to keep on losing talent. That is the huge problem we face which will prevent us from even becoming a regional power.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles